Thread: Florida open carry bill passes yet another legislative committee!

Moderator / Administrator
    Fairfax County, Virginia, USA

Florida open carry bill passes yet another legislative committee!

Floridians with concealed-weapons licenses are closer to being able to openly carry handguns, though they might be limited to doing so in places where they are welcomed.

The House Justice Appropriations Subcommittee on Wednesday narrowly backed a controversial measure (HB 163) that would allow the 1.45 million people in Florida with concealed-weapons licenses to openly carry.

The 7-6 vote -- a pair of Pinellas County Republicans joined four Democrats in opposition -- came after language was attached to the bill that is intended to protect businesses and private property owners who don't want people to openly carry on their premises.

. . .

Marion County, FL
    I wish we could stick with one thread.
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

earth's crust
    Quote Originally Posted by 77zach View Post
    I wish we could stick with one thread.
    I wish people would stop asking for permission slips ... oh well...if they don't find ya handsome they should at least find ya handy.