Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Asked to leave Friday's

Asked to leave Friday's

Went out for my birthday today and we went to TGI Friday's . Shortly after we sat down the manager came over and lied to me and said that children were noticing and were upset about my firearm. I asked her if they were going to attack. She asked me if I could take it out of my holster and place it on the other side of me in the booth on the seat so no one could see it. I refused and she asked me it I could take it out side and put it in my car. I said I could not do that. Some one could steal it. She left and our waitress came back and took our order. A little while later she came back. She asked me if I were law enforcement. I told her no. She said I could not carry in Friday's. I asked it I could see the official written policy. She said she could not find it. I then asked her then how does she know that there is a policy? She said that I could put it in my car and I politely declined. I told her we would leave and go to Texas Roadhouse. (across the street) Had a nice dinner. Walked back across the street, because I left my car in their parking lot. I covered up and went back inside and gave the manager a copy of my receipt showing how much I spent at Texas Road house. I came home and sent a e-mail to the corporate office .
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 12-02-2015 at 10:48 PM. Reason: deleted emoticon in title

Banned
    What address? Did you tell them that their food kills more than you gun?

address

Greensburg pa in Hempfield township on route 30

upper management

Just got of the phone with the assistant district manager. He told me that the liquor control board of Pa does not allow open carry in restaurants that serve alcohol. Any one ever heard of such a rule or regulation?

I have to be at a wedding outside of Eire in January, so this perked my interest and I didn't find anything in the PA Statutes that prevents it. I called the PA.LCB, they transferred me to PA State Police in Harrisburg because the polar bears apparently handle the enforcement and complaints side of things. They, in turn, gave me the number for the Westmoreland office. The person I needed to talk to was out to lunch, and I'm now waiting on a call back.

Westmoreland Office 412-548-2050

Edit: Just got a call back from one Eric Swartzwelder, and was told that it is NOT an LCB law/statute/policy. I would call the corporate offices and let them know what is up, and tell them to get their stories straight.
    Last edited by DeSchaine; 11-20-2015 at 01:21 PM.
    Guard with jealous attention the public liberty.
    Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel.
    Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force.
    Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.
    -Patrick Henry, Virginia Ratification Convention, June 5, 1788

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Birdman View Post
    ...She asked me if I could take it out of my holster and place it on the other side of me in the booth on the seat so no one could see it...
    Her first option was to handle a loaded firearm outside of its holster.

She deserves to lose any customer service job she has for that one.

When will they learn THEY are the dangerous ones?
    Last edited by MAC702; 11-20-2015 at 09:08 PM.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

response

Just got a response from the home office.

Hi Michael,

Thank you for emailing TGI Fridays.

We apologize for the inconvenience. We want to be sure that we can provide not only a fun environment, but a safe one as well. It is a corporate policy that we do not allow firearms of any caliber into our stores unless carried by a police officer on duty, for the protection of our many valued guests. I appreciate your feedback and hope you’ll understand our position on this issue.

Thank you for your interest in TGI Fridays!

Sincerely,

Pearly M.
    Guest Relations Support

Well, that's an interesting response. I can only speak for locally here in SW Ohio and nearby northern Ky., but do not recall seeing Friday's posted with such signs. Then again, haven't been to one in a spell.

If I am correct though, how could customers know of such a policy without the signs? Are we supposed to look through corporate policies of every regional/national chain any time we decide to dine out? (Rhetorical question.)

Around here the BW3 franchises are posted, and brother I mean prominently. Good for them, it's their decision, but at least they aren't hiding the policy under a rock.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Hi Michael,

We apologize for the inconvenience. We want to be sure that we can provide not only a fun environment, but a safe one as well. It is a corporate policy that we do not allow firearms of any caliber into our stores unless carried by a police officer on duty, for the protection of our many valued guests. I appreciate your feedback and hope you’ll understand our position on this issue.

Sincerely,

Pearly M.
    Guest Relations Support
    Instead they provide a victim rich, fish in a barrel environment.......great policy (sarcism)

Mr. Birdman you might try going futher up the food chain - you might be the one to get the rule changed.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

They might want to compare cops' accident and marksmanship rates to civilians and rethink that policy.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian D. View Post
    Well, that's an interesting response. I can only speak for locally here in SW Ohio and nearby northern Ky., but do not recall seeing Friday's posted with such signs. Then again, haven't been to one in a spell.

If I am correct though, how could customers know of such a policy without the signs? Are we supposed to look through corporate policies of every regional/national chain any time we decide to dine out? (Rhetorical question.)

Around here the BW3 franchises are posted, and brother I mean prominently. Good for them, it's their decision, but at least they aren't hiding the policy under a rock.
    Oh, they are posted. You have to go into the lobby. The lobby is about 12' high and the NO GUNS sign is posted about 8' high amongst other decorative signs.

Color of law, I did some research and indeed found per the OFCC Do Not Participate While Armed list that TGI Fridays is on there several times here in Ohio. Oops, call me Color of Embarrassment. No, please don't my friend, gimme a mulligan sir. That moniker might people think I'm affiliated with the Corps of Engineers. Another government enemy of 2A advocates.

policy

Quote Originally Posted by Brian D. View Post

I never saw a sign and I never mentioned that fact. If I mentioned that then they may put up a sign. I would rather lots of people go there and file a complaint may be they will get the message.

food chain

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Instead they provide a victim rich, fish in a barrel environment.......great policy (sarcism)

Mr. Birdman you might try going futher up the food chain - you might be the one to get the rule changed.
    I got a phone call from the regional manager. He was very nice and very understanding. He said he did not make the policy he just has to abide by it, and is looking forward towards retirement.

cops

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1_EoRZOVes

I hope this cop never eats there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1_EoRZOVes

I hope this cop never eats there.
    This is the source of the epithet The Only Ones. It is old news, off topic even for this thread and verges on prohibited bashing.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

old news

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    This is the source of the epithet The Only Ones. It is old news, off topic even for this thread and verges on prohibited bashing.
    I found that and others on the web and many of them to Fridays

as previously mentioned, fridays has been off limits for years...

also as previously mentioned, you can push the rock further up the organizational chain...

not sure which way you are trying to direct the thread...

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Cherry Tree (Indiana County), Pennsylvania, USA
    Well, even though it was a Saturday, I've OCed while dining with my wife at Ruby Tuesdays. I'm not even sure if anyone noticed.

Founder's Club Member

Hi Michael,

Sincerely,

Pearly M.
    Guest Relations Support
    "Hi Michael"?
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 11-29-2015 at 04:19 PM. Reason: Rule #19
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Banned

Hi Michael,

Sincerely,

Pearly M.
    Guest Relations Support
    They don't value you of course. Although they do use the term "many" and not all. Write him back and tell him that he does not indicate how he is keeping you safe and that you'll continue to carry into his company's establishments until he can guaranty your safety.

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    They don't value you of course. Although they do use the term "many" and not all. Write him back and tell him that he does not indicate how he is keeping you safe and that you'll continue to carry into his company's establishments until he can guaranty your safety.
    I note DM is not recommending actually carrying into the restaurant, which would be trespassing, and a violation of the property owners' rights. DM is merely suggesting the OPer say he will do so until the restaurant guarantees his safety.

Interesting tactic actually. Real attention getter. Call out the fibber for not indicating how is keeping you safe, then tell the fibber you will keep yourself safe. One could just omit the declaration about continuing to carry; but, it does push the point right in the liar's face. That is to say it pushes the lie right into the liar's face.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    I note DM is not recommending actually carrying into the restaurant, which would be trespassing, and a violation of the property owners' rights. DM is merely suggesting the OPer say he will do so until the restaurant guarantees his safety.

Interesting tactic actually. Real attention getter. Call out the fibber for not indicating how is keeping you safe, then tell the fibber you will keep yourself safe. One could just omit the declaration about continuing to carry; but, it does push the point right in the liar's face. That is to say it pushes the lie right into the liar's face.
    That's correct Citizen.

Incidentally, here you have two property owners: the business v. the natural person. Who wins this property right conflict? The artificial person or the natural person? Food for thought.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    That's correct Citizen.

Incidentally, here you have two property owners: the business v. the natural person. Who wins this property right conflict? The artificial person or the natural person? Food for thought.
    No problem really - depends where one is standing.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast