• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Vet Admin hospital bans saying Merry Christmas

DrakeZ07

That's an incredible amount of hatred you packed in there, Drake. What's the source for all your hatred?
*Snipped*

Why thank you since9! The source, is life experiences. You grow up, live, breath, work, and learn, around incredible sources of unfound hate based on someone's sexuality, and being the target of all that hate from time to time, and it makes you filled with hurt, and hate, for those that brought hurt and hate to you. I do pride myself on my quenching ability to hold such disdain and hate for Religion, and it's spawn, so I appreciate your compliment!

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by since9 That's an incredible amount of hatred you packed in there, Drake. What's the source for all your hatred?*Snipped*
Why thank you since9! The source, is life experiences. You grow up, live, breath, work, and learn, around incredible sources of unfound hate based on someone's sexuality, and being the target of all that hate from time to time, and it makes you filled with hurt, and hate, for those that brought hurt and hate to you. I do pride myself on my quenching ability to hold such disdain and hate for Religion, and it's spawn, so I appreciate your compliment!
Compliment?

Here I thought it was an query for understanding that which if directly applied/posted here would be a violation of our Forum Rules.

We are the sum of our parts are we not? (rhetorical)

Returning you to our regularly scheduled program now = back on topic.

solus

Drake seems to have either forgotten, or he has turned a "blind eye" to the fact that this country was founded on Judeo-Christian principles, principles that the majority of the citizens have shared - at least up until 30-40 years ago.
The point is that this administration is controlled and staffed by/with so many NON-Christians and Christian-hating people that there IS a concerted effort to trash those Judeo-Christian principles and substitute a "harvest festival" that virtually nobody in this country has firsthand knowledge about. OR, they substitute some other "religion" that is so filled with hatred and revulsion for anybody and anything not part of their "clique", they bend over backwards to pander to those groups.

let's see JT, my history book says this great country was founded in July 4, 1776 yet the term Judeo-Christian wasn't used until 1829, which makes it kinda tough JT to make your claim this country was founded on those principles doesn't it?

further, quote: Some secularists reject the use of "Judeo-Christian" as a code-word for a particular kind of Christian America...unquote.

finally, quote: Promoting the concept of United States as a Judeo-Christian nation first became a political program in the 1940s, in response to the growth of anti-Semitism in America. unquote.
per forum mandates: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judeo-Christian

so JT, you might just wish to reevaluate exactly who is espousing hatred against the religions of this country...

ipse

J_dazzle23

so JT, you might just wish to reevaluate exactly who is espousing hatred against the religions of this country...

ipse

Dude. You might disagree but there is only one person here that has more than once said he would like it if (paraphrasing) Muslims killed all the Christians and any other religious people here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rscottie

I am wondering if perhaps you are mistaking disagreement with your lifestyle as being hatred of you?

I ask because the Christians I know do not hate homosexual people.

Sent from my Sony Xperia using Tapatalk 4

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
let's see JT, my history book says this great country was founded in July 4, 1776 yet the term Judeo-Christian wasn't used until 1829, which makes it kinda tough JT to make your claim this country was founded on those principles doesn't it?
--snipped--
Just because something wasn't titled as such, doesn't mean the principles didn't exist.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
Well said.

A principle of philosophy is that the name is not the thing. The label does not determine the attributes, nor the attributes the label. Ignorance of that leads to the dictionary fallacy, that words necessarily are limited to what is in a dictionary.
Also well said.

Hate will destroy you from within.

solus

sorry, can't bang, push or make the concept stretch the religious philosophical rhetoric back to a time where it didn't exist just cuz we want to believe it did.

remember some of the founding fathers were against organized religion and one wrote his own bible.

the term used by presidents and candidates in the 50s forward was political in nature, and geared to maintain their place in the political arena.

today, the term is used in an anti-Semitic connotation as shown by the JT Hunter's post against those of different faiths.

philosophy....nawlll it is nothing more than a buzz term to stir up the uneducated itinerant masses and a term which didn't exist as a philosophy or concept when this country was founded ~ no matter how much everyone wishes it!

ipse

ps: your dictionary might be a funk & wagnalls left over from laugh in era.

Last edited:

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
Have yall ever read/seen the Jefferson 'bible' - Smithsonian (a federal taxpayer funded establishment Drake) recently restored it and has copies for sale. Jefferson has the new testament where he cut out all of the non-facts that he thought had crept in to the story of Jesus over time. He laid it out in greek, latin, english and french. TJ was an interesting dude.

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/arts-culture/how-thomas-jefferson-created-his-own-bible-5659505/
Our Founding Fathers were pretty intellectual people - like some on OCDO. ;)

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

That pretty much skewers dissenting opinions.

15cm_meat_skewers_bamboo_skewers_wholesale_color.jpg_200x200.jpg

One of my family patriarchs was Rev. John Cotton of Boston. He fled England not for religious freedom, but to escape persecution of his beliefs. No they aren't the same thing.

BB62

Accomplished Advocate

That pretty much skewers dissenting opinions.

15cm_meat_skewers_bamboo_skewers_wholesale_color.jpg_200x200.jpg

One of my family patriarchs was Rev. John Cotton of Boston. He fled England not for religious freedom, but to escape persecution of his beliefs. No they aren't the same thing.
I'm not sure how to take that, so let me re-phrase my previous post:

Whether or not I agree with Jefferson's biblical re-write (and I haven't yet read the link), I think the foundations of our country were an inspired, intellectual act of "genius", never before or since matched, IMHO.

The fact that Jefferson engaged in a multi-language analysis/rewrite of the Bible, whether I agree with his conclusions or not, is a similar intellectual act - however worthy or flawed I ultimately feel it may be.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I'm not sure how to take that, so let me re-phrase my previous post:

Whether or not I agree with Jefferson's biblical re-write (and I haven't yet read the link), I think the foundations of our country were an inspired, intellectual act of "genius", never before or since matched, IMHO.

The fact that Jefferson engaged in a multi-language analysis/rewrite of the Bible, whether I agree with his conclusions or not, is a similar intellectual act - however worthy or flawed I ultimately feel it may be.
I wasn't taking a shot at you - quite to the contrary.

nonameisgood

It is really poor form to argue religion on a gun forum thread where someone simply wished us all a happy thanksgiving. It is also poor form to restrict your well-wishes to a segment of the group instead of just wishing everyone a happy turkey day.

As to the founding of this nation:
1) Christians didn't invent morality and these principles, but religion was where most of the founders learned them.
2) part of the reason for the establishment clause was to protect the state religions of each colony - each colony had its own required religion and they didn't want the fed gov/ majority to change that.
3) the deists and atheists had to "be religious" in order to participate in government because there was a religious test. Whether they believed and what they believed will always be a mystery since they could not be honest about such things and keep their positions.

My mother's family arrived here in 1680, fleeing religious persecution and seeking opportunity. The Quakers were different but not outlandishly so, yet they risked life to get away from an oppressive majority. As a descendant of this lineage, I take issue with anyone who thinks they know best/right and can oppress simply because they are in the majority.
My personal beliefs (or lack thereof) should not part of your decision making and yours should not be part of mine.
The nonsensical view that Christians are being persecuted in the US has become a basis for bigotry and hate. Where there is real persecution it needs to be met with real action. But please stop pointing to things which simply recognize that everyone doesn't share your beliefs and allows them to live free lives.

nonameisgood

It is also poor form to reply to the wrong thread with a long answer.

HPmatt

I like history, I like guns, and I am thankful for what great freedoms our Forefathers have given us. Especially compared to all the other places in the world that don't have anything like our Bill of Rights and Constitution.

Can anyone say They'd rather live in some other country? If so you immediately give up the 'concept' of 1A and 2A when you get off the plane there - 'welcome sheeple!!'

By the grace of G-d or Providence or just 'random chance if you so believe' our family gives thanks to be here in America!

DrakeZ07

I like history, I like guns, and I am thankful for what great freedoms our Forefathers have given us. Especially compared to all the other places in the world that don't have anything like our Bill of Rights and Constitution.

Can anyone say They'd rather live in some other country? If so you immediately give up the 'concept' of 1A and 2A when you get off the plane there - 'welcome sheeple!!'

By the grace of G-d or Providence or just 'random chance if you so believe' our family gives thanks to be here in America!

Why would someone automatically give up the concept, and understanding of the First, and Second Amendments, just because they arrive at a different location and step off a plane? Your comment makes no sense at all. Switzerland is a nation that is neutral, and isolationist, yet its populace is an armed populace, so they do have some form, or version, of Gun rights, akin to our 2A; and believe it or not, but the USA isn't the only country with protected rights to and of, Free Speech, Free Religion, and Free Assembly... France, Belguim, and the Netherlands are credited as to having the most individual protections for free speech, free press, and free assembly, and theri government fears their population because their population will gladly take to the streets... There's a large protest in France nearly every other week. Gun rights exist in other european nations as well as in asian, and african nations. Heck, Somalia is probably the best nation to live in for gun rights because of the absolute lack of government, there are no restrictions to what you can or cannot own for weapons.

You should watch a HBO series called "The News Room", very enlightening and truthful, despite being a fictional series.

HPmatt

Why would someone automatically give up the concept, and understanding of the First, and Second Amendments, just because they arrive at a different location and step off a plane?

Name me any western european country where you can carry a poster with a picture of Muhammed defend yourself with a 9mm pistol.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Name me any western european country where you can carry a poster with a picture of Muhammed defend yourself with a 9mm pistol.

"Nothing in the Quran, Islam's holy book, strictly bars portrayals of Mohammed. But the faith, like the Hebrew Bible's Ten Commandments, has long discouraged any graven images, scholars say, to avoid the temptation toward idol worship."

"While the Quran does not explicitly prohibit depictions of Mohammad, most contemporary Muslims worldwide abide by the ban, based largely on religious rulings by Islamic scholars."

http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/04/living/islam-prophet-images/

Last edited: