Thread: DC Police Chief Says Take Out The Active Shooter

Founder's Club Member

DC Police Chief Says Take Out The Active Shooter

It seems the Chief of Police of Washington, DC has shifted her position a bit.

According to WTOP, when interviewed for an upcoming segment of Sixty Minutes, Chief Cathy Lanier said, “If you’re in a position to try and take the gunman down, to take the gunman out, it’s the best option for saving lives before police can get there." (emphasis added by Citizen)
    http://wtop.com/dc/2015/11/d-c-chief...er-situations/

It necessarily follows that if the best option (her words) is to take the gunman out, then the best option is to be in the position to try and take the gunman down, to take the gunman out. Meaning, it necessarily follows that the "best option" is to be able to take down the gunman. Meaning, a defensive sidearm. In her own words, to save lives.

Did Chief Lanier accidentally acknowledge that Guns Save Lives?
    Last edited by Citizen; 11-21-2015 at 10:21 PM.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    It seems the Chief of Police of Washington, DC has shifted her position a bit.

According to WTOP, when interviewed for an upcoming segment of Sixty Minutes, Chief Cathy Lanier said, ďIf youíre in a position to try and take the gunman down, to take the gunman out, itís the best option for saving lives before police can get there." (emphasis added by Citizen)
    http://wtop.com/dc/2015/11/d-c-chief...er-situations/

It necessarily follows that if the best option (her words) is to take the gunman out, then the best option is to be in the position to try and take the gunman down, to take the gunman out. Meaning, it necessarily follows that the "best option" is to be able to take down the gunman. Meaning, a defensive sidearm. In her own words, to save lives.

Did Chief Lanier accidentally acknowledge that Guns Save Lives?
    I'm at a loss to understand the chief. DC is a gun free zone. Nothing like that could ever happen in DC.

Now be careful! Don't you be rubbing her nose in her own words, else she'll be walking them back, talking them back, taking them back, and harden her stance.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Now be careful! Don't you be rubbing her nose in her own words, else she'll be walking them back, talking them back, taking them back, and harden her stance.
    Great point! Thank you. Post deleted.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Banned
    I wonder how she got her job?

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    I wonder how she got her job?
    The last guy quit and went to Philadelphia to become Chief of Police. (Saw an article in the last few months where he finally retired.)

Do not fear, she espoused the gun-grabber line for years before this seeming shift. In the post-Heller world, she's on record with plenty of opposition to mere mundanes being able to defend themselves.
    Last edited by Citizen; 11-22-2015 at 04:54 PM.