Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: D.C. police chief to the public

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

D.C. police chief to the public

"In a stunning reversal of traditional police advice against private citizens taking action in the midst of a crime, District of Columbia Metropolitan Police Chief Cathy Lanier acknowledged times, and crimes, have changed and citizens — if they can — should “take down” active shooters in a segment scheduled during the "60 Minutes" broadcast."
    http://www.examiner.com/article/d-c-...alerts_article

How in the heck is that going to work, when the average private person (resident & non-resident alike) cannot carry when out and about.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 11-23-2015 at 04:17 AM.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

D.C. police Chief Cathy Lanier urges public to ‘take down’ active gunman if they can.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...blic-to-take-/

My comment there, cleaned up for our elevated sensitivities;
    Yo ho, Chief ..., the only legal citizens' guns are locked up at home, remember?

Gang-bangers to the rescuue! "Jim! Dandy wanna go to Maine Got a ticket on a D C.plane. Jim Dandy didn't need no chute He was hip and ready to boot."
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Banned
    This is nothing new, this chief has always advocated carry in recent history, it just naturally follows what he said.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    How in the heck is that going to work, when the average private person (resident & non-resident alike) cannot carry when out and about.
    Carry a can of corn....... if it's good enough for the children...........

http://www.cnn.com/2015/01/13/living...ers/index.html

(CNN)When is a can of beans more than just a can of beans?

When it's a weapon of self-defense for students to throw at an armed intruder who has just entered their school.
    Last edited by Shovelhead; 11-23-2015 at 09:27 AM.
    Assault Weapon (N) “Any firearm whose design disturbs the sleep of progressive politicians.”.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    This is nothing new, this chief has always advocated carry in recent history, it just naturally follows what he said.
    Apparently not the case coming up through the ranks AND have seen nothing recent before this.

BTW - the "he" in this case is a woman.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 11-23-2015 at 12:23 PM. Reason: fixed
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Through the power of wishful thinking?

SAF to Chief Lanier: D.C. firearms laws make it hard to take down active shooter

D.C. police Chief Cathy L. Lanier’s suggestion that ordinary citizens try to take down an active shooter before officers arrive is drawing criticism from Second Amendment advocates who question how residents of a city with some of the most restrictive gun laws in the nation could be expected to defend themselves.

“This is sound advice,” said Alan Gottlieb, chairman of the Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms. “But considering the Draconian gun laws in the District, it will remain difficult if not impossible for most private citizens to do what the chief is suggesting.”

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...wn-active-sho/

https://news.google.com/news/rtc?ncl...kHKuo3FFHgZREM

Bang!
    Gang-bangers to the rescue. Bang!
    Gang-bangers to the rescue. Bang!
    Gang-bangers to the rescue. Go!
    Go Gang-bangers gang bangers go bang!

Jim Dandy to the rescue Lincoln Chase, LaVern Baker 1956
    Last edited by Nightmare; 11-23-2015 at 05:13 PM.

Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar

Everything is OK here.....

"In a stunning reversal of traditional police advice against private citizens taking action in the midst of a crime, District of Columbia Metropolitan Police Chief Cathy Lanier acknowledged times, and crimes, have changed and citizens — if they can — should “take down” active shooters in a segment scheduled during the "60 Minutes" broadcast."
    OUTSTANDING!

Start with her outstanding revelation and take it to the adjacent logical conclusion: Allow carry.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Banned
    I wonder how many would, if they could, stop a frankentruck from smashing into the various buildings housing the top of the country's idiots.

For the children.

If I could, I would likely still be flipping a coin before time expired to where it would do any good. Best out of a thousand.
    Last edited by davidmcbeth; 11-24-2015 at 12:50 AM.

CCRKBA challenges D.C. chief to lead on CCW reform

"Reacting to comments from District of Columbia Police Chief Cathy Lanier last night during CBS’ “60 Minutes” that citizens should take down active shooters if possible, the Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms this morning challenged the chief to help make that possible in the District by leading the charge to reform the city’s restrictive concealed carry law."

"If Lanier is serious about citizens fighting back, she could become a lightning rod for a change in attitude not just in the District, but across the landscape. Her voice could be a loud one among many for common sense reform of restrictive gun laws that have not prevented crimes or protected anyone, and they certainly haven’t stopped active shooters nor will they discourage terrorists."

http://www.examiner.com/article/ccrk...alerts_article

We can hope she has seen the light only time well tell.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

I wonder how many would, if they could, stop a frankentruck from smashing into the various buildings housing the top of the country's idiots.

For the children.

If I could, I would likely still be flipping a coin before time expired to where it would do any good. Best out of a thousand.
    One can always come up with a scenario that is impossible to defeat.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

For the children.

Quote Originally Posted by Firearms Iinstuctor View Post
    One can always come up with a scenario that is impossible to defeat.
    Agree 100% and doing so is a wasted time & effort.....except as a drill to determine whether it is unlikely/impossible.

I prefer the power of positive stinking........and no that isn't a typo

We keyboard cowboi are great at inventing indefensible hypotheticals, particularly when they are assuredly drills. No harm, no foul. Everybody goes home at the end of their tour.

Campaign Veteran Right Wing Wacko's Avatar
    Someone needs to apply for a DC CCW and list Defense against Terrorism as the justification. They can then cite their own police cheifs words on the appeal and resulting court case.

They were talking about this for a moment on a idiot radio station today.

Even the idiots on the radio understood that telling citizens to be armed while denying them the right to own guns is stupid.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom1Man View Post
    They were talking about this for a moment on a idiot radio station today.
    WOW A market segment with which I am not familiar, idiot-radio. Why were you listening?

I live so far off in the woods that OTA broadcast doesn't reach and we have to stream off the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    WOW A market segment with which I am not familiar, idiot-radio. Why were you listening?

I live so far off in the woods that OTA broadcast doesn't reach and we have to stream off the internet.
    It is the only type playing over the public airwaves in this area.

Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom1Man View Post
    It is the only type playing over the public airwaves in this area.
    That's a simple fix, don't listen to public-airwaves. Apparently you have a TAPATALK phone, will it not stream audio to your big speakers?

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    That's a simple fix, don't listen to public-airwaves. Apparently you have a TAPATALK phone, will it not stream audio to your big speakers?
    I like to keep track of some of the bs that is being fed to the sheeple.

Banned
    BTW - the "he" in this case is a woman.
    I think that's still open to debate.

Quote Originally Posted by taxman View Post
    I think that's still open to debate.
    No it is not.

In addition you approach a Forum Rules #6 violation from several directions.

Regular Member rightwinglibertarian's Avatar

i'm trying to work out if you actually believe that. A look at the Constitution might change your mind there
    "Which part of shall not be infringed is so difficult to understand"?

"Any and all restrictions on the bearing of arms in public places are nullified as per the Second Amendment"

Conservative Broadcast || Google Plus profile

Have you read through DC's laws, right? Some of the most draconian BS east of the Mississippi. Read Emily Gets Her Gun and you'll see just what a load of crap the DC top cop is spewing right now. The Constitution says they have to allow it, but it doesn't say that can't make it prohibitively difficult and expensive for the common people.
    Guard with jealous attention the public liberty.
    Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel.
    Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force.
    Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.
    -Patrick Henry, Virginia Ratification Convention, June 5, 1788

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast