Thread: Gary Kleck criticises, Lott defends 'More Guns, Less Crime', Ari Armstrong interviews

Gary Kleck criticises, Lott defends 'More Guns, Less Crime', Ari Armstrong interviews

"Recently [Ari Armstrong] I interviewed criminologist Gary Kleck about gun ownership and crime. In the course of that interview, Kleck expressed skepticism regarding economist John Lott‘s claims that expanded concealed carry of handguns reduces crime. I asked Lott if he wanted to reply, and he graciously agreed to do so. He also addressed a number of other questions regarding gun ownership and crime."

http://ariarmstrong.com/2015/11/john...-crime-thesis/

http://ariarmstrong.com/2015/11/crim...d-their-study/

The division between economist and sociologist is understandable and logical. Follow the numbers, but sociology eschews numbers in favor of hand waving. Sociology is not Popper falsifiable.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    All the stats add-up to who cares. We have inalienable rights, period. One of which is the right to bear arms, period. And anyone that says otherwise is a treasonist, period. Pretty simple, period.

Quote Originally Posted by color of law View Post
    All the stats add-up to who cares. We have inalienable rights, period. One of which is the right to bear arms, period. And anyone that says otherwise is a treasonist, period. Pretty simple, period.
    You are correct

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Both Kleck and Lott are well known pro-gun advocates. Neither is saying otherwise. You have made as much sense as pulling a light-switch chain in your dark closet and expecting your toilet to flush. IOW a non-sequitur. And your sidekick too.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Both Kleck and Lott are well known pro-gun advocates. Neither is saying otherwise. You have made as much sense as pulling a light-switch chain in your dark closet and expecting your toilet to flush. IOW a non-sequitur. And your sidekick too.
    Because someone scoffs at the bickering between to experts over technicalities that don't effect the constitutional fact the we all have an inalienable right to bear arms is childish. I also don't believe your posting deserves others to show reverence to you just because you posted such dispute.

I read the articles. They clearly demonstrated a spat between two prom kings. And we also know that our opinions are worth what we paid for them, $0000.

And my extensive engineering background qualifies me to assure you that in engineering class 101 you learn how to make the pulling of the light-switch chain in a dark closet will flush the toilet, child's play.

The ball is in your court.

Because someone scoffs at the bickering between to experts over technicalities that don't effect the constitutional fact the we all have an inalienable right to bear arms is childish. [ ... ]
    Could not have said it better myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Could not have said it better myself.
    Then I assume you also agree that your posting does not deserves others to show reverence to you just because you posted such dispute.

Now, I wonder who was scoffing at the bickering?

All I said was I read the articles and both experts clearly demonstrated a spat between two prom kings.

You chose sides. I chose no sides.

Again, two opinions having zero value.

Game point.

Banned
    I wish people would stop saying "more guns = less crime"....because it does not matter even if the opposite were true. Correct?

The title of the book is More Guns, Less Crime: Understanding Crime and Gun Control Laws.

Your object is a statement that has nothing to do with Lott or his book. Indeed, formally it reads as a bi-directional implication that is false.