• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Russian jet shot down by Turkey -

davidmcbeth

Banned

davidmcbeth

Banned
Looks like russia is just going to put in SAMs in place as the result.

Will do no good against F-22s though unless the pilot is sleeping ... F-22s can evade SAMs...and destroy the systems if needed. So the US should be fine.

I don't think that Turkey has F-22s ... but the SAMs range is not that great. The F-16 would be fine to cover their own territory...and surveillance should keep an eye on the SAMs.

Last edited:

MontanaResident

Turkey has released audio recordings of what it says are the Turkish military’s repeated warnings to the pilot of the Russian plane before it was shot down at the border with Syria — audio that grows increasingly more agitated.

The recordings, made available to The Associated Press on Thursday, indicate the plane was warned several times Tuesday that it was approaching Turkey’s airspace and asked to change course.
[ ... ]
The audio that was released only involved Turkish warnings, no replies by a Russian pilot. It was not clear if Russian replies were received but not released by the Turkish government, or if the Russian pilots never replied to the warnings or if they never heard the warnings.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/nov/26/turkey-releases-recording-warnings-russian-plane/

As if it matters what the truth is, or isn't, what we know don't know, believe or not. Sounds like those two are heading for direct confrontation, and they are only getting justified while they get arms ready and in place.

There's no doubt that Turkey is benefiting from this whole Syria thing. Nothing finer then watching old enemies clash, and making a fortune in the very cheap black market oil sales that is being facilitated by well place individuals in Turkey.

solus

As if it matters what the truth is, or isn't, what we know don't know, believe or not. Sounds like those two are heading for direct confrontation, and they are only getting justified while they get arms ready and in place.

There's no doubt that Turkey is benefiting from this whole Syria thing. Nothing finer then watching old enemies clash, and making a fortune in the very cheap black market oil sales that is being facilitated by well place individuals in Turkey.

strictly saber rattling, Putin won't do anything harsh...ban Russians from visiting Turkiye ?

oil sales are tapering off as the bombs fall from the sky onto the trucks...

ipse

DeSchaine

Looks like russia is just going to put in SAMs in place as the result.

Will do no good against F-22s though unless the pilot is sleeping ... F-22s can evade SAMs...and destroy the systems if needed. So the US should be fine.

I don't think that Turkey has F-22s ... but the SAMs range is not that great. The F-16 would be fine to cover their own territory...and surveillance should keep an eye on the SAMs.

F-22 is not currently exportable. But the F-16 has been the mainstay for anti radar operations. In both Gulf Wars, the Falcon was given more anti-picket missions using AGM-88 HARM than any other type of aircraft (Hornets were a close second). However, the newer -88E is made to fit on the US Hornet, UK Tornado and the F-35 Lightning II. It'll be a little dicey though. If Russia deploys the S-400, that's got a range of up to 400km. The AGM-88's range is only about 150km.

Freedom1Man

Could this be the opening shots of World War 3 ??
That is the sign of thought. That is the correct question to ask.

I do not have an answer just an opinion, my opinion is that yes, that is the starting ripple for WW3.

I am rounding my stone and sharpening my sticks.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

solus

S I G H....

so it begins....the OCDO soothsayers of doom foretelling the beginning of the end...

truly glad i heard it here first thus saving my critical thinking capabilities from having had to work to hard deciphering the main/alternate stream media outlets to come to the same conclusion...

ipse

davidmcbeth

Banned
Russia has received additional intelligence confirming that oil from deposits controlled by Islamic State is moved through Turkey on an industrial scale, said Vladimir Putin. President Recep Erdogan said he will resign if this is confirmed.

https://www.rt.com/news/324045-putin-erdogan-su-downing/

Moscow has grounds to suspect that the Su-24 was downed by Turkish jets on November 24 to secure illegal oil deliveries from Syria to Turkey, he said speaking on the sidelines of the climate change summit in Paris on Monday.

So they shot down the plane to insure that a pipeline was not hit? Or that a convoy was not stopped from delivering oil?

Well, if so, then I think that Russia got the message loud and clear not to mess with these activities. But I don't think so ... a pipeline can be hit almost at-will by Russia ... shooting down a single plane would not stop that.

Russia entered Turkey's airspace and they defended themselves. They have been violating many country's airspace. And we have violated their airspace in the past too. Mostly to test defenses and to harass and to make the opposition to spend $$ in their responses. Nothing new - its just that the Turks were willing to shoot down their plane. Play the game and expect some bloody noses...Putin understands, he really did nothing to the Turks in response.