Thread: Martin Luther's Table Grace of Thanksgiving. Happy Thanksgiving to all US believers.

Martin Luther's Table Grace of Thanksgiving. Happy Thanksgiving to all US believers.

God, the Father almighty, maker of heaven and earth, you looked upon all that you created and declared it good. Grant that I, this day, might regard your creation with the same esteem and appreciation, seeing you at your work in every daily operation. Help me to give thanks as I recognize your loving work in all abundant blessings. Most of all, let me see not only your creation, but also its redemption, through Jesus Christ. Amen.
    Happy Thanksgiving to all US believers.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Definitely blessings of being Americans and what our forefathers established here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “Men live without other security than what their own strength and their own invention shall furnish them"
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Happy Thanksgiving to all US believers.
    and damnation to all non believers?

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Originally Posted by Nightmare Happy Thanksgiving to all US believers.
    Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post

ipse
    Well wishing one group doesn't equate to damning others, which could well be a violation of Forum Rules.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 11-24-2015 at 09:57 PM. Reason: added
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

ipse
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Well wishing one group doesn't equate to damning others, which could well be a violation of Forum Rules.
    grape, twas a strictly question posed as signified by the question mark...

especially since the member specifically called out only a certain and very narrow and quantified and identified group of people to wish holiday greetings to...as based on historical reference to the holiday in question as proclaimed by our 16th president, it is a holiday to give thanks to the Christian deity.

so those who do not believe, they do not get to partake w/blessings in the upcoming holiday festivities with blessing?

ipse
    Last edited by solus; 11-24-2015 at 10:46 PM.
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

so those who do not believe, they do not get to partake w/blessings in the upcoming holiday festivities with blessing?
    If wish troops over seas that can't make it home a Happy Holiday (any holiday, take your pick) does that in any way imply they are the only ones I think are entitled to that?

Trying to imply the inverse or even simply asking the inverse is just begging for trouble. Take it at face value and move on.

As I can't speak for nightmare, I'll state from me to you, a wish of a happy Thanksgiving with many blessings.

USA USA USA USA! What does the initialism US mean?

I did mean to exclude disrupting non-believers, Americans or in the US or from around the globe. Confusion to the enemy. Jeremiah 20:11

God Bless US Bitter Clingers.

Regular Member rightwinglibertarian's Avatar
    Goodness what is this liberal.org? (random site I made up) If somebody believes they have that right. I believe as well by the way.

Why in the world would anyone try to pick fights? If you don't believe, it's a free country. You don't have to. Now. Anyone who knows a thing about the Bible knows the very basics such as

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
    John 14:6

We also believe

He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
    John 3:18

Do we wish harm on anyone? Of course not. But we believe harm will come to those who do not believe and we also know it is an unpleasant truth. Which is why we go and witness to people. To save them.

If you don't believe don't cry about those that do. It's not even an American thing to do considering the Pilgrims came to this country for religious freedom.
    "Which part of shall not be infringed is so difficult to understand"?

"Any and all restrictions on the bearing of arms in public places are nullified as per the Second Amendment"

Conservative Broadcast || Google Plus profile

Quote Originally Posted by rightwinglibertarian View Post
    Goodness ...If somebody believes they have that right!

snip...religious fervor

If you don't believe don't cry about those that do. It's not even an American thing to do considering the Pilgrims came to this country for religious freedom.
    with the shoe on the other foot, do not proselytize to those who don't believe in your deity!

after all quote: ...considering the pilgrims came to this country for religious freedom. unquote.

ipes
    Last edited by solus; 11-27-2015 at 12:33 PM.

The title of this thread is ... to all US believers. For a non-believer to come here and then cry is hypocritical.

The various founders and Presidents Thanksgiving Proclamations are good evidence of the intent of the Founding Fathers to establish a faithful nation after their Christian tradition.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    The title of this thread is ... to all US believers. For a non-believer to come here and then cry is hypocritical.

The various founders and Presidents Thanksgiving Proclamations are good evidence of the intent of the Founding Fathers to establish a faithful nation after their Christian tradition.
    quote the great wiki in the sky: The Pilgrims' modern popular story of seeking "religious freedom" has become a central theme of the history and culture of the United States. so saith the great wiki.

religious tolerance is expected as there are a great number of what you and others call non-believers who have their own deity in their lives and yet are here in this great country based on that religious freedom concept put forth by those who took a chance in the 1600s for a better life on the other side of the pond.

Christianity, in and of itself, is not the end all... much to the chagrin of those believers!!

now get over yourself(ves) and move on...

some have to put lites for the upcoming Kwanzaa festivities & celebrations

ipse

The felon Maulana Ndabezitha Karenga Ronald McKinley Everett fabricated kwanzaa from whole cloth for his self-serving purposes.

The Story of Kwanzaa, By J. Lawrence Scholer and the editorsThe Dartmouth Review, 15 January 2001
    http://www.hartford-hwp.com/archives/45a/767.html
    The US [United Slaves Organization] would not last too much longer. On September 17, 1971, Karenga was sentenced to one to ten years in prison on counts of felonious assault and false imprisonment. The charges stemmed from a May 9, 1970 incident in which Karenga and two others tortured two women who Karenga believed had tried to kill him by placing “crystals” in his food and water.

The TRUTH about Kwanzaa, by Tony Snow Dec. 31, 1999/22 Teves, 5760
    http://martinlutherking.org/kwanzaa.html

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Locked per request.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 11-27-2015 at 02:23 PM.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.