• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Poll ... what will you serve this Thanksgiving ?

What Ya having this T-day?

• Turkey

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • Ham

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Beef

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pasta

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Some vegan tastless crap

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

davidmcbeth

Banned
Happy Turkey Day forum ! There's a poll .. what do you serve for T-day? Turkey, beef, mac and cheese? As main dish.

You can post comments concerning other delicacies. or to note a different meal option not noted in the poll.

HPmatt

This year we are changing it up - maple cured bacon, waffles and tamales for brunch. And watching Dallas-boy Matthew Stafford w Detroit Lions stomp Philly.

For dinner we are having new england lobster corn chowder, caesar salad and dry aged filet mignon oscar. Not too sure if Tony Romo can handle Cam Newton, so w/b having wine or Old Fashioneds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Some Vegan Tasteless Crap?

Ahhhhhhahhahahaha!!

OK. I concede vegans are free to feed their bodies what they think best.

However, I personally checked in the mirror a moment ago and, just like everybody else, I have vestigial canine teeth. Meaning, this body evolved to eat MEAT!

One of my favorite, anti-vegan, bumper stickers: "I did not rise to the top of the food chain to eat VEGETABLES."

There is a culinary instructor on YouTube who, while relating how to prepare a dish, said, "You 'plant-munchers' can substitute..." (I fell out of the chair laughing--"plant-munchers" hahahhaa)

I don't care much for turkey anymore. And, I'm not a big fan ham unless it is a thin-sliced cold-cut on a sandwich.

But, the OPer's reference to "some vegan tasteless crap" positively forced me to comment.

:D

WalkingWolf

I've seen those. They're like those little Monopoly tokens, but edible, right? :p:)

At least they count as meat. Well, poultry or fowl, anyway.

Very edible, we prefer chicken to turkey, and the game hens are just the right size. IMO the chicken absorbs more flavor from seasoning than turkey.

Last edited:

Grim_Night

I spent all day making chicken and rice soup yesterday. Made a big pot of it starting with a whole chicken as the base. Today I will be making my usual thanksgiving/christmas dinner home made cornbread stuffing with sausage, mushrooms, cellery, and onions. That's the extent of my thanksgiving dinner for this year.

WalkingWolf

I spent all day making chicken and rice soup yesterday. Made a big pot of it starting with a whole chicken as the base. Today I will be making my usual thanksgiving/christmas dinner home made cornbread stuffing with sausage, mushrooms, cellery, and onions. That's the extent of my thanksgiving dinner for this year.

We had a roasted chicken half, and rice/black beans last night. Just like the game hens I do a simple rub with garlic, pepper, and parsley, leave sit for several hours before roasting in a convection oven. I need to kill a couple roosters for pasta, homemade marinara sauce. It was a favorite growing up, the sauce, and chicken cooked all day.

solus

cream corn w/this years batch of NM's infamous hatch chilies finely chopped and liberally blended in makes a fab side to Cornish, ham, turkey, ad nauseam.

ipse

davidmcbeth

Banned
brett-favre-o-face.jpg
shades of soylent green...:uhoh:

ipse

That's the best shade !

T-day over....looks like we know that the Packers got their goose cooked by Da Bears...17-13 !

Margin of victory the same as what Packer player's jersey number? Hmmmm. So bad was the defeat that the Pack retired that number.

Last edited: