Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 41

Thread: 'Muslim-Free Zone': Gun-shop owner wins case

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Thru Death's Door in Wisconsin
    Posts
    13,153

    'Muslim-Free Zone': Gun-shop owner wins case

    A lawsuit filed by a Muslim activist organization against a Florida firearms retailer who posted a “Muslim Free Zone” sign has been dismissed and the case ordered closed because the statement was protected by the First Amendment and the activists couldn’t show they were injured.

    The decision was released by U.S. District Judge Beth Bloom in a case brought by a local chapter of the Council on American-Islamic Relations against Florida Gun Supply, which was defended by officials with the American Freedom Law Center.

    AFLC Senior Counsel David Yerushalmi said, “This dismissal was yet another AFLC victory against CAIR and its jihadi lawfare against patriotic Americans across the country. This victory follows on the heels of a recent victory against CAIR in a Michigan federal court where CAIR’s subpoenas were quashed and CAIR’s nefarious client sanctioned for abusive practices.”
    http://www.wnd.com/2015/11/muslim-fr...hop-wins-case/

    http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...ns-discrimina/
    It is back up
    Last edited by Nightmare; 11-28-2015 at 01:31 PM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

  2. #2
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,613
    Washington Post - Let no good news go unsuppressed.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Thru Death's Door in Wisconsin
    Posts
    13,153

    Andy Hallinan's Florida Gun Supply should stock Silver Bullet Gun Oil

    SILVER BULLET GUN OIL, is a HIGHLY EFFECTIVE Counter-Islamo terrorist force multiplier. SILVER BULLET GUN OIL WAS SPECIFICALLY DESIGNED TO PUT DEMORALIZING FEAR AND TERROR INTO SUPPOSEDLY "FEARLESS" ISLAMOTERRORISTS and to INCREASE WEAPONS RELIABILITY. It was created with the "TRUE BELIEVER'' in mind. According to Mohammed,"PROPHET OF iSLAM" Allah stated, "ANY OF MY FOLLOWERS CONTAMINATED BY SWINE WHEN THEY DIE WILL BE DENIED ENTRY INTO MY PARADISE,, I HATE THE STENCH OF SWINE."
    http://www.silverbulletgunoil.net/
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

  4. #4
    Regular Member solus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    here nc
    Posts
    6,871
    what a truly sad and quite disappointing post you have just made nightmare...

    no, you did not put the advertising words together, but to perpetuate the vile slant, on this public forum, against a one group of people is so beneath you.

    ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

    Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

    Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  5. #5
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,613
    Andy Hallinan's Florida Gun Supply should require each customer to sample his specialty bacon BBQ.

    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Thru Death's Door in Wisconsin
    Posts
    13,153

    Andy Hallinan's image

    Andy Hallinan's image
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2ABA9A6700000578-3169803-image-a-28_1437502062168.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	96.6 KB 
ID:	12871  
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Its a decision noting that the plaintiff did not have standing. Why do organizations continue filing cases like this ? Have they not learned from prior cases ?

  8. #8
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fairfax Co., VA
    Posts
    18,766
    Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    what a truly sad and quite disappointing post you have just made nightmare...

    no, you did not put the advertising words together, but to perpetuate the vile slant, on this public forum, against a one group of people is so beneath you.

    ipse
    I agree in part; disagree in part.

    Agree: I know a number of Muslims; they're all pretty decent people. The term Islamo-terrorist does little good used the way it was. I think the original author is probably a bigot.

    Disagree: The direct target of the comment is not all Muslims--just the terrorists.

    I think it was the Isrealis who first came up with the idea. Several years ago, after a bunch of suicide bombings on public transit buses, they started hanging hams in the buses. Didn't hear about too many bus bombings after that.

    Using a nut-case's ideas against him to protect yourself is not out-of-bounds*. What is the old saying from the Viet Nam era? If you find yourself in a fair fight, you failed to plan properly?


    *That's my thinking at the moment, anyway. Willing to discuss if there is an obvious ethics point I am overlooking. <prolly gonna regret saying that>
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

    If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

    There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Thru Death's Door in Wisconsin
    Posts
    13,153
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    I agree in part; disagree in part. Agree: I know a number of Muslims; they're all pretty decent people. The term Islamo-terrorist does little good used the way it was. I think the original author is probably a bigot. Disagree: The direct target of the comment is not all Muslims--just the terrorists. I think it was the Isrealis who first came up with the idea. Several years ago, after a bunch of suicide bombings on public transit buses, they started hanging hams in the buses. Didn't hear about too many bus bombings after that.

    Using a nut-case's ideas against him to protect yourself is not out-of-bounds*. What is the old saying from the Viet Nam era? If you find yourself in a fair fight, you failed to plan properly? *That's my thinking at the moment, anyway. Willing to discuss if there is an obvious ethics point I am overlooking. <prolly gonna regret saying that>
    I appreciate your thoughts. Not so much the quoted user, as that defeats my discretion enforcement protocol.

    I seek the approval of no one, particularly Himself alone, the very definition of Solipsism (from Latin solus, meaning "alone", and ipse, meaning "self")

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solipsism
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

  10. #10
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,613
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    --snipped-- What is the old saying from the Viet Nam era? If you find yourself in a fair fight, you failed to plan properly?
    “If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.” ― John Steinbeck

    http://www.goodreads.com/quotes/2881...t-your-tactics
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Thru Death's Door in Wisconsin
    Posts
    13,153
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    “If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.” ― John Steinbeck[/URL]
    Thanks for the little adventure searching for such a Steinbeck quote well attributed.

    I did not find a proper citation.

    I was raised in Steinbeck country, studied him in college, and read some likely titles like Once There Was A War. I did find that quote attributed to Colonel Jeff Cooper, more aptly than Steinbeck. I have minimized my participation with GoodReads for reasons like their failure to insist on proper attribution of quotations.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

  12. #12
    Regular Member solus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    here nc
    Posts
    6,871
    an example of the lynching mentality being stirred up...

    http://news.yahoo.com/upstate-york-t...073417475.html

    ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

    Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

    Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  13. #13
    Regular Member hammer6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,169
    yet you guys are all opposed to stores being "gun free zones" or anti open carry...

  14. #14
    Regular Member solus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    here nc
    Posts
    6,871
    Quote Originally Posted by hammer6 View Post
    yet you guys are all opposed to stores being "gun free zones" or anti open carry...
    please refrain from expressing the 'you guys are all opposed' mentality as it definitively mis-categorizes this member.

    this member truly believes if a business owner wishes to advertise and incorporate that mentality into their business plan...i will assure my spending plan doesn't include the business, even if it means a field or road trip to find the item(s) i am seeking at that particular moment in time.

    ipse
    Last edited by solus; 11-29-2015 at 07:36 PM.
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

    Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

    Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  15. #15
    Regular Member hammer6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,169
    Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    please refrain from expressing the 'you guys are all opposed' mentality as it definitively mis-categorizes this member.

    this member truly believes if a business owner wishes to advertise and incorporate that mentality into their business plan...i will assure my spending plan doesn't include the business, even if it means a field or road trip to find the item(s) i am seeking at that particular moment in time.

    ipse
    i didn't mean you...
    you clearly weren't included in my original comment...since you were posting in the same context as i was. as opposed to the others who were making racist comments.. including a super moderator.

    shame on them.
    Last edited by hammer6; 11-29-2015 at 09:48 PM. Reason: adjective

  16. #16
    Regular Member Fallschirmjäger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Georgia, USA
    Posts
    3,915
    I must say that I'm a bit taken aback by the court's decision. If a lunch counter were to have a similar sign, * "Yuppie Free Zone", or "No Pastafarians Zone" I tend to believe the court's decision would be different. As it is, I wonder if the court was not really saying that CAIR's suit was dismissed because they could not show a person who had suffered harm by the defendant).
    Had the store actually denied service to someone based solely upon their religion (and it could be proven by a preponderance of the evidence), the outcome might well be different.

    *Yuppie and Pastafarian used solely as examples and because I would not want anyone to misconstrue my meaning if I were to use other actual protected classes.
    Last edited by Fallschirmjäger; 11-29-2015 at 10:09 PM.

  17. #17
    Campaign Veteran MAC702's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    6,520
    The big thing here is that those who brought the suit weren't actually harmed.

    If the store owner had actually trespassed a person for being Muslim, he would have lost.

    The sign was a publicity stunt, as was the lawsuit.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

  18. #18
    Regular Member Fallschirmjäger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Georgia, USA
    Posts
    3,915
    Quote Originally Posted by gutshot View Post

    What's a Pastafarian? A dope smoker jonesing for some macaroni? A Jamaican-Italian spaghetti gourmand? A marijuana stuffed ravioli?
    The answer is only eleven key-strokes and an "Enter" key away. But, let me Google that for you.

    Do NOT blaspheme the name of the Holey One, heathen, lest your marinara sauce never again cling to your pasta.
    Last edited by Fallschirmjäger; 11-30-2015 at 12:27 AM.

  19. #19
    Regular Member 1245A Defender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    north mason county, Washington, USA
    Posts
    4,381

    Well,,,

    Quote Originally Posted by gutshot View Post

    What's a Pastafarian? A dope smoker jonesing for some macaroni? A Jamaican-Italian spaghetti gourmand? A marijuana stuffed ravioli?
    A follower of the religion of the "Flying Speggetty Monster"
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

    “If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

    Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

    All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

  20. #20
    Regular Member hammer6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,169
    Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    The big thing here is that those who brought the suit weren't actually harmed.

    If the store owner had actually trespassed a person for being Muslim, he would have lost.

    The sign was a publicity stunt, as was the lawsuit.
    i doubt it.

  21. #21
    Regular Member OC for ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    White Oak Plantation
    Posts
    12,272
    "After recently becoming aware of a video which could have been perceived as threatening against the Muslim community in Hancock, N.Y., the FBI immediately took steps to notify our federal, state and local partners,” the paper quoted a spokeswoman for the FBI's Albany field office as saying.


    Neither the FBI or Ritzheimer could be contacted immediately by Reuters.
    Hmm...

    Some bad words used...the easily offended should not read.

    The New York Daily News says FBI agents made contact with Ritzheimer, but two days later, when he was in Pennsylvania, the publication says he cut off communication with them.

    The Daily News says the agency then issued an alert, saying he's a potential threat to law enforcement.

    http://www.fox10phoenix.com/news/ari...54546013-story
    Apparently this fella does not play nice with the FBI...

    After tracing the cross-country movements of a menacing anti-Muslim rabble-rouser from Arizona, the FBI took the unusual step of issuing an alert to New York law enforcement agencies to look out for him, sources said.

    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crim...icle-1.2448001
    Interesting...will be worth following this story.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

    "Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

  22. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    FBI took the unusual step of issuing an alert... http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crim...icle-1.2448001

    Why is this unusual? Isn't this exactly what the FBI is supposed to do? Well, the actual real threats anyways.

    Jon Ritzheimer, 32, of Phoenix had posted a video on Nov. 18 in which he showed a gun, made profane anti-Obama statements and said he was driving cross-country to confront them,

    Oh my ! He showed a gun, made an anti-obummer speech and said he was going on the road ! Call out the Army on this guy.

    Well, I have a gun, I think obummer's an idiot, and I'll be traveling soon...I guess if I get lost I can ask the nice two guys in the Lincoln behind me for directions.

  23. #23
    Regular Member Nang pa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    73
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    A lawsuit filed by a Muslim activist organization against a Florida firearms retailer who posted a “Muslim Free Zone” sign has been dismissed and the case ordered closed because the statement was protected by the First Amendment and the activists couldn’t show they were injured.

    The decision was released by U.S. District Judge Beth Bloom in a case brought by a local chapter of the Council on American-Islamic Relations against Florida Gun Supply, which was defended by officials with the American Freedom Law Center.

    AFLC Senior Counsel David Yerushalmi said, “This dismissal was yet another AFLC victory against CAIR and its jihadi lawfare against patriotic Americans across the country. This victory follows on the heels of a recent victory against CAIR in a Michigan federal court where CAIR’s subpoenas were quashed and CAIR’s nefarious client sanctioned for abusive practices.”
    http://www.wnd.com/2015/11/muslim-fr...hop-wins-case/

    http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...ns-discrimina/
    It is back up
    If I were Muslim and wanted to shop at this place, I would just keep my faith private. Flaunting one's ideology like this only invites backlash.
    "Shooting is rarely the best answer to a problem, but when it is, it's often the only answer."
    Three: Legends of the Dusk Walker

  24. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Quote Originally Posted by Nang pa View Post
    If I were Muslim and wanted to shop at this place, I would just keep my faith private. Flaunting one's ideology like this only invites backlash.
    The main reason for the case being decided in the business' favor is one of lack of standing. The business may feel good today but sooner or later an actual person will be denied service and a new lawsuit with a plaintiff with standing will move forward and the business will not be happy with that case's final outcome. My guess, of course.

  25. #25
    Regular Member hammer6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,169
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    The main reason for the case being decided in the business' favor is one of lack of standing. The business may feel good today but sooner or later an actual person will be denied service and a new lawsuit with a plaintiff with standing will move forward and the business will not be happy with that case's final outcome. My guess, of course.
    i just don't understand how that differentiates from a different fundamental right, the right to carry.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •