Thread: Why no arrests for felony tampering?

Banned

Why no arrests for felony tampering?

http://news.yahoo.com/burger-king-ma...467.html?nf=1#

He said that when the officers left, almost two hours later, there was an 86-minute gap in the recording, including the time surrounding the shooting.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Whodunit? He said/she said.

Never give up the original. Give them a DVD copy.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    At a news conference announcing the charge, State's Attorney Anita Alvarez said forensic testing found no evidence that anyone intentionally erased the Burger King video. Police Superintendent Garry McCarthy called the allegation "absolutely untrue."
    So, it was accidentally erased. At least they admit it was erased.

Of course it's amazing that forensic testing can determine intent......

Well if there is missing time, and the police had control of the video it pretty much is they done it. Now city officials are claiming it was not tampered with, big surprise. We will have to see if Burger King steps in with a statement. From top to bottom there was a huge coverup of bigger proportions than Watergate. Everybody from the top to bottom needs to go. As has been done with other corrupt police depts the CPD needs to be shut down, and the duties taken over by the Sheriff, and the ISP. We will have to see if a Chicago judge will step up to the plate as has happened in other jurisdictions. Not to far from us the Spring Lake PD was completely disbanded by a judge for corruption several years ago.
    Last edited by WalkingWolf; 11-29-2015 at 06:44 PM.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Whodunit? He said/she said.

Never give up the original. Give them a DVD copy.
    Is that even possible?

For the sake of argument, lets say the police were justified in shooting. This means the deceased committed the crime of attacking a police officer. Thus, the original recording is evidence of a crime. If the cops fired without justification, then the original recording is evidence of the police crime.

I can see police just up and seizing the recording without a warrant based on an asserted exigency that recording may be lost if not seized immediately. I can see a court going along with that even if there is no case law directly on point yet.

I'm thinking the better or more successful approach will be to start making the copy for yourself the instant the shooting stops. Then dummy-up. Or, have a secondary recording system going like that fellow a while back. The cops seized the obvious cell phone or something, meanwhile he had another recording device going.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Banned
    Tampering with evidence is a crime. Conspiracy to tamper is a civil offense. I would find them guilty for sure.