• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Why no arrests for felony tampering?

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
At a news conference announcing the charge, State's Attorney Anita Alvarez said forensic testing found no evidence that anyone intentionally erased the Burger King video. Police Superintendent Garry McCarthy called the allegation "absolutely untrue."
So, it was accidentally erased. At least they admit it was erased.

Of course it's amazing that forensic testing can determine intent......

WalkingWolf

Well if there is missing time, and the police had control of the video it pretty much is they done it. Now city officials are claiming it was not tampered with, big surprise. We will have to see if Burger King steps in with a statement. From top to bottom there was a huge coverup of bigger proportions than Watergate. Everybody from the top to bottom needs to go. As has been done with other corrupt police depts the CPD needs to be shut down, and the duties taken over by the Sheriff, and the ISP. We will have to see if a Chicago judge will step up to the plate as has happened in other jurisdictions. Not to far from us the Spring Lake PD was completely disbanded by a judge for corruption several years ago.

Last edited:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Whodunit? He said/she said.

Never give up the original. Give them a DVD copy.

Is that even possible?

For the sake of argument, lets say the police were justified in shooting. This means the deceased committed the crime of attacking a police officer. Thus, the original recording is evidence of a crime. If the cops fired without justification, then the original recording is evidence of the police crime.

I can see police just up and seizing the recording without a warrant based on an asserted exigency that recording may be lost if not seized immediately. I can see a court going along with that even if there is no case law directly on point yet.

I'm thinking the better or more successful approach will be to start making the copy for yourself the instant the shooting stops. Then dummy-up. Or, have a secondary recording system going like that fellow a while back. The cops seized the obvious cell phone or something, meanwhile he had another recording device going.