• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Getting a CC Permit in Mexico

since9

Campaign Veteran
This was posted on a firend's FB wall:

While waiting to return to American soil, I stopped and asked a Mexican police how to obtain a CHL here in Mexico. Since my wife is Mexican she will have to take me to the Mexican consulate where I can be naturalized. From there I ca go apply at some place called the delegation, where within one month I would be granted a license and at the same place they will sell me any pistol from. A .22. To a 9mm. .45 and above is reserved for Mexican LEO.

Just something I thought I would share with anyone in this group in a similar situation and would like to get a license. Being in a foreign country and not having your side arm feels weird!

In light of the above, let (most of) us be thankful things are generally more accommodating here in the U.S.

sudden valley gunner

your friend is an idiot...quote: However, a person who acquires a foreign nationality by applying for it may lose U.S. nationality. unquotehttp://travel.state.gov/content/tra...ip-and-dual-nationality/dual-nationality.htmlipse
An interesting read..This quote would be what I would use from that link...."In order to lose U.S. nationality, the law requires that the person must apply for the foreign nationality voluntarily, by free choice, and with the intention to give up U.S. nationality."

utbagpiper

Banned
your friend is an idiot...

And you have the manners of a barnyard goat. And a lack of reading comprehension to match.

I don't see where his friend ever indicated he was considering obtaining Mexican citizenship. He merely outlined what would be required to obtain a carry permit in Mexico. Subtly but crucially different than actually going through with obtaining a permit or planning to go through with it.

Mexico prudently imposes all kinds of legal limits on non-citizens visiting its nation. It also quite prudently--though entirely hypocritically--is quite serious about enforcement and penalties for illegally entering or remaining in their nation. Mexico does immigration on Mexico's terms, not the terms of its neighbors or individual law breakers.

Back on topic, the OP is nice reminder of how good we have things here comparatively. We do need to keep up the good fight.

Charles

Last edited:

solus

And you have the manners of a barnyard goat. And a lack of reading comprehension to match.

I don't see where his friend ever indicated he was considering obtaining Mexican citizenship. He merely outlined what would be required to obtain a carry permit in Mexico. Subtly but crucially different than actually going through with obtaining a permit or planning to go through with it.

Mexico prudently imposes all kinds of legal limits on non-citizens visiting its nation. It also quite prudently--though entirely hypocritically--is quite serious about enforcement and penalties for illegally entering or remaining in their nation. Mexico does immigration on Mexico's terms, not the terms of its neighbors or individual law breakers.

Back on topic, the OP is nice reminder of how good we have things here comparatively. We do need to keep up the good fight.

Charles

no mate those manners are just my rooster manners and we know how chickens act...don't ya.

ipse

utbagpiper

Banned
no mate those manners are just my rooster manners and we know how chickens act...don't ya.

I actually keep chickens. The roosters think they make the sun rise and make enough noise to be annoying. But all they are really good for is fertilizing the eggs.

It is the hens that actually contribute--quietly but meaningfully--to my morning breakfast, and that do the best job of keeping the bugs at bay as they work hard for their food. And even the roosters who will put up a valiant but losing fight against the occasional fox, know better than to mess with a momma hen protecting her chicks.

Yes, I think you've pegged yourself quite well there...though maybe not exactly the way you had hoped, Mr. Rooster Manners: all noise, screwing around, and thinking highly of yourself, while not actually do much productive at all.

Charles

Last edited: