Thread: The Anti's are trying to claim an Anti Month - House Res. 541

The Anti's are trying to claim an Anti Month - House Res. 541

https://www.congress.gov/bill/114th-...ution/541/text

I'm not the brightest political mind, but seems like just another excuse to spout their rhetoric. Hope this doesn't gain traction.
    Last edited by BlueSquid; 12-01-2015 at 09:24 AM.

Filed by Charlie Rangle...

https://www.google.com/search?q=char...44EbX2lF4SM%3A

Yeah, that Charlie Rangle
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSquid View Post
    https://www.congress.gov/bill/114th-...ution/541/text

I'm not the brightest political mind, but seems like just another excuse to spout their rhetoric. Hope this doesn't gain traction.
    Perfectly good idea... to have a National Firearms Safety Awareness month. Teach the Four Rules of safe handling, promote visits to the range, and support training in the use of firearms.

It's like with pools: ignorance is the threat, and knowledge is the key to safety.

See? We can fight their ignorance with an awareness month of our own that actually WILL reduce accidents and negligent discharges while lowering the survivability rate of the two-legged violent predator.
    Last edited by Rusty Young Man; 12-01-2015 at 01:31 PM.
    I carry to defend my loved ones; Desensitizing and educating are secondary & tertiary reasons. Anything else is unintended.

“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” - Frederic Bastiat

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." - Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Young Man View Post
    Perfectly good idea... to have a National Firearms Safety Awareness month. Teach the Four Rules of safe handling, promote visits to the range, and support training in the use of firearms.

It's like with pools: ignorance is the threat, and knowledge is the key to safety.

See? We can fight their ignorance with an awareness month of our own that actually WILL reduce accidents and negligent discharges while lowering the survivability rate of the two-legged violent predator.
    I would like to amend your proposal with an addition to become "National Firearms Safety Awareness and Buy a Gun Month"

These forums need a Like button. Your ideas are great, let's find a representative who's not embattled in some scandal (is that a real thing?) to introduce this for us.

Banned
    Whereas annually on average 32,514 people die from gun violence;
    Whereas every day on average 55 people kill themselves with a firearm, and 46 people are shot or killed in an accident with a gun; (from text of "bill")

Now now ... 55 plus 46 = 101
    101 * 365 = 36,865

From CDC ( http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/accidental-injury.htm )

Unintentional fall deaths
    Number of deaths: 30,208

Motor vehicle traffic deaths
    Number of deaths: 33,804

Unintentional poisoning deaths
    Number of deaths: 38,851

Well, ya gotta die from something !

Poisoning ? How many people does my wifey feed? I'm immune to all poisons.

Without wasting more time than it deserved reading it, (not much) it looks like they are counting the same deaths a couple of different ways and times.

It's on the Interweb, must be true.

Quote Originally Posted by Wstar425 View Post
    Without wasting more time than it deserved reading it, (not much) it looks like they are counting the same deaths a couple of different ways and times.

It's on the Interweb, must be true.
    You're probably right. Misrepresenting facts is the tried and (un)true method of the Anti's talking heads.

If this piece of fluff does gain traction, we can turn it around. The idea of embracing "Safe Firearm Training" month is an excellant idea. Picnics to celebrate the "Four Laws", Rallies to support firearm training and firearm knowledge in general.

The antis think we should be sad and hang our heads low. I say, Shout that Stuff from the Highest. Guns are, and always have been a good thing. Shout it out, shout it loud.

do I have an "amen"
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington