• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The Anti's are trying to claim an Anti Month - House Res. 541

Rusty Young Man

https://www.congress.gov/bill/114th-congress/house-resolution/541/text

I'm not the brightest political mind, but seems like just another excuse to spout their rhetoric. Hope this doesn't gain traction.

Perfectly good idea... to have a National Firearms Safety Awareness month. Teach the Four Rules of safe handling, promote visits to the range, and support training in the use of firearms.:cool:

It's like with pools: ignorance is the threat, and knowledge is the key to safety.

See? We can fight their ignorance with an awareness month of our own that actually WILL reduce accidents and negligent discharges while lowering the survivability rate of the two-legged violent predator.

Last edited:

OC Freedom

Perfectly good idea... to have a National Firearms Safety Awareness month. Teach the Four Rules of safe handling, promote visits to the range, and support training in the use of firearms.:cool:

It's like with pools: ignorance is the threat, and knowledge is the key to safety.

See? We can fight their ignorance with an awareness month of our own that actually WILL reduce accidents and negligent discharges while lowering the survivability rate of the two-legged violent predator.

I would like to amend your proposal with an addition to become "National Firearms Safety Awareness and Buy a Gun Month"

BlueSquid

These forums need a Like button. Your ideas are great, let's find a representative who's not embattled in some scandal (is that a real thing?) to introduce this for us.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Whereas annually on average 32,514 people die from gun violence;
Whereas every day on average 55 people kill themselves with a firearm, and 46 people are shot or killed in an accident with a gun; (from text of "bill")

Now now ... 55 plus 46 = 101
101 * 365 = 36,865

From CDC ( http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/accidental-injury.htm )

Unintentional fall deaths
Number of deaths: 30,208

Motor vehicle traffic deaths
Number of deaths: 33,804

Unintentional poisoning deaths
Number of deaths: 38,851

Well, ya gotta die from something !

Poisoning ? How many people does my wifey feed? I'm immune to all poisons.

Wstar425

Without wasting more time than it deserved reading it, (not much) it looks like they are counting the same deaths a couple of different ways and times.

It's on the Interweb, must be true.

BlueSquid

Without wasting more time than it deserved reading it, (not much) it looks like they are counting the same deaths a couple of different ways and times.

It's on the Interweb, must be true.

You're probably right. Misrepresenting facts is the tried and (un)true method of the Anti's talking heads.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
If this piece of fluff does gain traction, we can turn it around. The idea of embracing "Safe Firearm Training" month is an excellant idea. Picnics to celebrate the "Four Laws", Rallies to support firearm training and firearm knowledge in general.

The antis think we should be sad and hang our heads low. I say, Shout that Stuff from the Highest. Guns are, and always have been a good thing. Shout it out, shout it loud.

do I have an "amen"