Thread: Colorado governor draws ire for linking Planned Parenthood rampage to concealed-carry

Colorado governor draws ire for linking Planned Parenthood rampage to concealed-carry

Gun-rights advocates are crying foul after Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper linked last week’s deadly Planned Parenthood shooting to the prevalence of concealed-carry permit holders in Colorado Springs.

“And, in Colorado, we passed universal background checks,” Mr. Hickenlooper said Sunday on CNN’s “State of the Union.” “But, at the same time, in Colorado Springs, it’s one of the more conservative parts of the state. We probably have more people that have licenses for concealed weapons, probably more guns around. That didn’t help.”

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...lanned-parent/
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Gun-rights advocates are crying foul after Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper linked last week’s deadly Planned Parenthood shooting to the prevalence of concealed-carry permit holders in Colorado Springs.

“And, in Colorado, we passed universal background checks,” Mr. Hickenlooper said Sunday on CNN’s “State of the Union.” “But, at the same time, in Colorado Springs, it’s one of the more conservative parts of the state. We probably have more people that have licenses for concealed weapons, probably more guns around. That didn’t help.”

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...lanned-parent/

uh, did anybody kinda remind the honorable governor hickenlooper the perp was from NC?

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

When I lived in Colorado I often referred to the @hole as "Dickenlicker".

Edit to take my anger out of the reply.

Hickenlooper is about as bad at that other professional Politician that stated that all towns south of Denver don't even have paved roads.

Last I checked The crazy guy with the Gun used to live in Hartsel, CO, (That's in Park County) Drove 70+ miles to Colorado Springs (El Paso County) to commit his despicable acts. He's only been in the State just over a year, what does his actions have to do with the rest of the citizens of El Paso County much less the fact that we have a high percentage of CHP holders? nothing absolutely nothing.... It's bad enough city of Colorado Springs elected hickenloopers AG as Mayor that helped pass their recent absurd gun-grabbing laws that our good sheriffs have stated are un-enforceable.

I live in the county BTW not the city.
    Last edited by grimtas; 12-01-2015 at 02:44 PM.

State Researcher
    The governor's comments are beyond despicable. Of course, we might point out that the criminal/mad man/ terrorist selected the most liberal of businesses to attack rather than mounting an assault upon something like a gun store.

We might also point out as I read elsewhere, how horrible it is that someone in a Planned Parenthood facility who had power, exercised that power to make life and death decisions over others who were without the power to resist. I'm not sure that the exercise of that power or the choice of victims on this particular day was any less immoral than the usual exercise of that power and the usual choice of victims in any Planned Parenthood facility.

But all that notwithstanding, let us take heart. The enemies of our RKBA grow more despicable as they grow more desperate. Seven years of Obama and they still haven't been able to impose new infringements on our RKBA at the federal level. They managed to take over the health care system, one-seventh of our economy I think. But they haven't managed to get our guns, not even our much hated fun guns.

Sure, they made a little progress in Colorado, and it cost two legislators their seats and almost caused a shift in which party controlled the House. New York made a grab and have half their sheriffs openly opposing the law, and overall a practical inability to enforce it (I am not advocating violation of any law). Washington and Oregon are suffering the damage of unlimited immigration from California.

But in total? In the last 7 years we've had some half dozen States move from shall issue to permit-free laws. We've had Heller and McDonald from the SCOTUS, and a couple of lower courts issuing positive RKBA rulings as a result. For the hoplophobes, the question is no longer "How do go about banning guns?" to "What are the limits on the individual right the SCOTUS will accept?"

In the wake of Columbine, gun grabbers had thought they had found their emotional hook to attack guns. Following Sandy Hook, with the President and media in full court press, they could pass NOTHING new to infringe our rights at the federal level. Following Paris, the leading GOP presidential candidate not only supported individual RKBA, but when challenged on it, he doubled down and made claims on the virtue of RKBA that even we here know are bunk. But they resonated with the electorate.

Mass shootings now inspire far less talk on mainstreet of gun control than of of mental illness and (heaven forbid) discussion of whether individuals should be carrying guns to protect themselves from mad men and terrorists rather than waiting helplessly for the police to show up. The media's ploy to exploit these rare shootings might be backfiring: rather than building resentment against selfish gun owners, the coverage might just be causing the great un-decideds to think about getting a gun of their own.

There are great battles ahead. We can still lose. But for now, it is the gun grabbers who are desperate. Obama will soon be a former president and things are not looking good for another 4 or 8 years of an open gun grabber in the white house.

Keep up the fight. But sometimes pause, to savor the panic evidenced in our opponents' desperate and despicable rhetoric.

My deepest condolences to the innocent victims of this crime.

Charles
    All experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. Thank heaven we do not permit a few to impose anarchy.

"With Anarchy as an aim and as a means, Communism becomes possible."
    --Marxist.org

"Communism and Anarchy [are], a necessary complement to one another. "
    --PETER KROPOTKIN, "Anarchism: its philosophy and ideal." 1898.

yippeee, a pep talk from the mate ....

quote: There are great battles ahead. unquote

quote:
    We can still lose. unquote.

quote:
    Keep up the fight. unquote

with the inevitable chastising against planned parenthood's activities, managed to get health care inadequacies mentioned, discussion of politics both now and projection into the future, all in this battle cry post.

kudos such an encompassing post.

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

State Researcher
    Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    kudos such an encompassing post.
    And yet you took time to read it, almost understand it, and comment on it.

You just can't help yourself can you. The rooster has to make noise it seems. You're a regular Foghorn Leghorn you are.

Just for you:

All experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. Thank heaven we do not permit a few to impose anarchy.

"With Anarchy as an aim and as a means, Communism becomes possible."
    --Marxist.org

"Communism and Anarchy [are], a necessary complement to one another. "
    --PETER KROPOTKIN, "Anarchism: its philosophy and ideal." 1898.

Does a CC permit only apply to pistols in CO?
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Does a CC permit only apply to pistols in CO?
    Yes. It's called a Concealed Handgun Permit
    THE HOLDER OF THIS CARD IS AUTHORIZED BY THE SHERIFF OF BOULDER COUNTY TO CARRY A CONCEALED HANDGUN PURSUANT TO COLORADO LAW. THIS PERMIT IS VALID THROUGHOUT THE STATE OF COLORADO