Thread: found on imgur tonight...good discussion on firearms

found on imgur tonight...good discussion on firearms

I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    Not bad at all, and great way to introduce non-gunnies to sidearm terminology.

Kind of reminds me of this one (which has already been circulating around a bit, and deservedly so, IMHO):

www.assaultweapon.info
    I carry to defend my loved ones; Desensitizing and educating are secondary & tertiary reasons. Anything else is unintended.

“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” - Frederic Bastiat

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." - Edmund Burke

It's unfortunate that while he (the imgur author) seems fairly knowledgeable, and points out that there is a difference between magazines and clips, he still manages to be not quite right about what a clip is. A speedloader is too much of a gray area, he should've shown a moon clip and/or stripper clips. Outside of that, though, that's a lot of good information for the uninformed.
    Last edited by BlueSquid; 12-02-2015 at 07:27 AM.

Apparently not all that concerned with safety in that the K2 appears loaded, cocked, and safety off. Of course, it's just laying there........

His statement that all revolver cylinders rotate counter-clockwise obviously wrong. His Rhino goes the other way (according to him), as did a Colt .38 I once nearly shot myself with (you had to be there to appreciate the humor of the situation).

Otherwise, a good presentation for folks who don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by bc.cruiser View Post
    Apparently not all that concerned with safety in that the K2 appears loaded, cocked, and safety off. Of course, it's just laying there........

His statement that all revolver cylinders rotate counter-clockwise obviously wrong. His Rhino goes the other way (according to him), as did a Colt .38 I once nearly shot myself with (you had to be there to appreciate the humor of the situation).

Otherwise, a good presentation for folks who don't know.
    Good catches! The clip thing had me so flustered I missed those. Not sure why, but not much bothers me more than someone I know to be knowledgeable of firearms who still uses "clip" incorrectly.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bc.cruiser View Post
    <snip>

His statement that all revolver cylinders rotate counter-clockwise obviously wrong. His Rhino goes the other way (according to him), as did a Colt .38 I once nearly shot myself with (you had to be there to appreciate the humor of the situation)..
    And would depend on how one is holding the gun as to its relative rotation. Hopefully democrats handle their guns so that the rotation is always counter-clockwise relative to the trigger puller's visual perspective. http://thefiringline.com/forums/arch...?t-438411.html
    Last edited by davidmcbeth; 12-02-2015 at 10:57 AM.