• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

found on imgur tonight...good discussion on firearms

BlueSquid

It's unfortunate that while he (the imgur author) seems fairly knowledgeable, and points out that there is a difference between magazines and clips, he still manages to be not quite right about what a clip is. A speedloader is too much of a gray area, he should've shown a moon clip and/or stripper clips. Outside of that, though, that's a lot of good information for the uninformed.

Last edited:

bc.cruiser

Apparently not all that concerned with safety in that the K2 appears loaded, cocked, and safety off. Of course, it's just laying there........:cool:

His statement that all revolver cylinders rotate counter-clockwise obviously wrong. His Rhino goes the other way (according to him), as did a Colt .38 I once nearly shot myself with (you had to be there to appreciate the humor of the situation:lol:).

Otherwise, a good presentation for folks who don't know.

BlueSquid

Apparently not all that concerned with safety in that the K2 appears loaded, cocked, and safety off. Of course, it's just laying there........:cool:

His statement that all revolver cylinders rotate counter-clockwise obviously wrong. His Rhino goes the other way (according to him), as did a Colt .38 I once nearly shot myself with (you had to be there to appreciate the humor of the situation:lol:).

Otherwise, a good presentation for folks who don't know.

Good catches! The clip thing had me so flustered I missed those. Not sure why, but not much bothers me more than someone I know to be knowledgeable of firearms who still uses "clip" incorrectly.

davidmcbeth

Banned
<snip>

His statement that all revolver cylinders rotate counter-clockwise obviously wrong. His Rhino goes the other way (according to him), as did a Colt .38 I once nearly shot myself with (you had to be there to appreciate the humor of the situation:lol:)..

And would depend on how one is holding the gun as to its relative rotation. Hopefully democrats handle their guns so that the rotation is always counter-clockwise relative to the trigger puller's visual perspective. http://thefiringline.com/forums/archive/index.php?t-438411.html

Last edited: