• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

8th grade assignment "Our willingness to tolerate school shootings"

OC for ME

Backsides in seats, money, that is the only concern of public school administrations. As with any state run institution your child's academic future rest squarely on your ability to not tick off some bureaucrat...sad to say.

I tell my kids the truth of the matter. Only the government tolerates school shootings, if the government chooses not to tolerate school shootings the government will have teachers who will be armed. The government will permit parent volunteers to be armed. College campi is a good first start but most certainly not the last act.

solus

Backsides in seats, money, that is the only concern of public school administrations. As with any state run institution your child's academic future rest squarely on your ability to not tick off some bureaucrat...sad to say.

I tell my kids the truth of the matter. Only the government tolerates school shootings, if the government chooses not to tolerate school shootings the government will have teachers who will be armed. The government will permit parent volunteers to be armed. College campi is a good first start but most certainly not the last act.

or at least provide alternate methodology to defend instead of the government (Homeland) telling everyone by pamphlets to cower and only as a last resort aggressively go after the bad guy(s).

i have yet to hear of anybody in these situations grabbing something, chair, fire extinguisher, etc. and either individually or mass attacking the bad guy(s). oh wait, the government says not to and that is what is promoted and taught to those in charge of educational GFZs.

https://www.dhs.gov/xlibrary/assets/active_shooter_booklet.pdf
Good practices for coping with an active shooter situation
• Be aware of your environment and anyp ossible dangers
• Take note of the two nearest exits in any facility you visit
• If you are in an office, stay there and secure the door
• If you are in a hallway, get into a room and secure the door
As a last resort, attempt to take the active shooter down. When the shooter is at close range and you cannot flee, your chance of survival is much greater if you try to incapacitate him/her.

ipse

Difdi

My kid came home with this article and her assignment is to come up with one question that will be discussed in a small group setting. I have some questions in mind but I want something that will throw the teacher for a loop. Something that will make her think "damn, I cant answer that!".

Some so-so ideas so far:
Why do most shootings happen in gun free zones? -We all know the answer to that one.
Why gun violence? -It's not called car violence when a drunk driver kills someone. Its not knife violence when your mad girlfriend cuts your dick off.

http://globegazette.com/news/opinio...cle_81ecdcfd-f492-58a4-9197-303d654a645d.html

I know this is her assignment and I shouldn't be doing her work for her but when it comes to the public school system brainwashing kids into thinking guns are bad, I think it warrants some parental involvement.

Why are mass shootings given so much media attention when you're more likely to be struck 2-3 times by lightning?

Have Gun - Will Carry

Why are mass shootings given so much media attention when you're more likely to be struck 2-3 times by lightning?

Um... because informing gullible voters about lightning strikes does nothing to further their disarmament agenda?

I have to laugh (bitterly and without humor) every time the media wants to ban so-called "assault weapons", but they conveniently choose not to relate the fact that more people are killed every year by fists and feet than by all rifles combined - let alone those scary looking "military-grade" rifles... Sickening.

OC for ME

• If you are in a hallway, get into a room and secure the door
As a last resort, attempt to take the active shooter down. When the shooter is at close range and you cannot flee, your chance of survival is much greater if you try to incapacitate him/her.

ipse
Sanyhook...one adult and a bunch of six year olds?

Tell the teacher that she/he tolerates school shootings because, "...as far as I can tell by looking at you, you are unarmed and as such don't give a rip about me or my friends here in your class. Nor does the school administration, as does not the school district bureaucrats."

davidmcbeth

Banned
Thanks for the ides guys. Too, late for a classroom audit, they say they need 24 hours notice for that.
I shower my daughter and she likes this one:

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

I assume that she got an "F" and was placed on the no fly list?

J1MB0B

I assume that she got an "F" and was placed on the no fly list?
They had a sub that just had them write the questions down and she left them for the teacher that apparently hasn't looked at them or just doesnt care.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk