Thread: Mass shooters kill quickly, so only armed bystanders can save lives. Tom Gresham

Mass shooters kill quickly, so only armed bystanders can save lives. Tom Gresham

The Stopwatch of Death

Law enforcement has adopted this concept, which may have first been popularized by Ron Borsch, manager and trainer at the SEALE Regional Training Academy in Bedford, Ohio, who created a new way of thinking of active shooter scenarios. He calls it the “Stopwatch of Death,” and this is what Chief Lanier is talking about. In an active shooter scenario, every minute of delay results in more casualties. Mr. Borsch created a way to compare one incident to another with a simple formula: Number of murder attempts divided by the number of minutes equals X. The X is the “Stopwatch of Death factor.”

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...e-lives-in-ma/
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Centurion
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    The Stopwatch of Death

Law enforcement has adopted this concept, which may have first been popularized by Ron Borsch, manager and trainer at the SEALE Regional Training Academy in Bedford, Ohio, who created a new way of thinking of active shooter scenarios. He calls it the “Stopwatch of Death,” and this is what Chief Lanier is talking about. In an active shooter scenario, every minute of delay results in more casualties. Mr. Borsch created a way to compare one incident to another with a simple formula: Number of murder attempts divided by the number of minutes equals X. The X is the “Stopwatch of Death factor.”

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...e-lives-in-ma/
    Is there an adjustment factor to include average response time of armed first responder (LAC / LEO)?
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

Banned
    Ron Borsch is no mathematical expert. So take his musings as such. He is likely the proud recipient of a high school diploma.

Regular Member Have Gun - Will Carry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Ron Borsch is no mathematical expert. So take his musings as such. He is likely the proud recipient of a high school diploma.
    Okay... are you envious? If not, I don't see your point.

Which, come to think of it, isn't surprising... since you rarely have one.
    “There is nothing which I dread so much as a division of the republic into two great parties, each arranged under its leader, and concerting measures in opposition to each other.” - John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post
    Experience? Experience means political success, which means (today) Democrat or Republican. And it is precisely these professional politicians who have become corrupt and unrepresentative of the American people.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Only experts can think and reason? LOL

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk

Knowing how cops react to a gun, in these situations, there seems to be a low probability of surviving first contact with them, even though it may be likely that their need to be there is no longer imperative.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare