Thread: Mayor Oak Creek Scaffidi, "I'm a gun owner. BUT I've had enough!"

Mayor Oak Creek Scaffidi, "I'm a gun owner. BUT I've had enough!"

[ ... ]
    I am a gun owner. But I have to believe that one of the popular responses to mass shootings — arm everyone and encourage individual and aggressive action against a mass shooter — is at best naive, and at worst, dangerous. Law enforcement professionals are highly trained and understand through direct experience that carrying a gun is a powerful responsibility and doesn't guarantee that a shooter will be stopped.
    [ ... ]
    Why would we not care as much about this epidemic of violence as we do about all the other ways people die every day?

Stephen Scaffidi is the mayor of Oak Creek.

http://www.jsonline.com/news/opinion...360179691.html

Why? Because the Bad Guys need to die and the guys with qualified immunity are off training or safely home after their 'tour'.

Read Tom Gresham's The Stopwatch of Death. Remember your oath to uphold and defend the Constitution. If you don't like it then LEAVE.
    Last edited by Nightmare; 12-03-2015 at 01:19 PM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    Woe is me mayor! Right, wrong or indifferent, you mayor nor anyone else is going to deny me my right to defend myself. I may die doing it, but you cannot demand I be a sitting duck......

Banned
    Highly trained ... ROFL.

We train monkeys, not people.

How many vids have I seen with cops trying to hit a target 50' away with an AR and they can't? So many...so many.

Does not make them bad cops, just bad marksman.

How can he own a gun and yet be part of Bloomberg's Mayors Against Illegal Guns?
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    How can he own a gun and yet be part of Bloomberg's Mayors Against Illegal Guns?
    Any body that says I am gun owner or says I am pro 2nd and uses the word But afterwards really isn't pro gun or pro 2nd.

As for officers being highly trained they are trained, the ability to use the firearm properly is more a personal problem then one of training.

I can give the same training to several people one takes it to heart and makes a personal decision to practice and maintain his or hers skill levels.

The one that uses the training to improve well do a good job, the ones that don't will not.

Doesn't really matter what you are training to use if one decides not to incorporate the training it does little good.

It as always been disappointing as a trainer to give good training to people. Only to have them not incorporate it in their lives and job.
    Last edited by Firearms Iinstuctor; 12-05-2015 at 09:00 AM.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

I have a vague recollection of NYC cops shooting an armed suspect in the heart of the city and ended up injuring at least 9 bystanders. Oh here it is:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/08/25...olice-gunfire/

The locals need to ask their good mayor what the response time by cops was to the San Bernardino incident and can his cops do better? If not...well, the answer should be evident to "The Gun owner."

Me thinks The Good Mayor is getting his back pocket stuffed from another and former The Good Mayor.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    [ ... ] Me thinks The Good Mayor is getting his back pocket stuffed from another and former The Good Mayor.
    "[G]etting his back pocket stuffed," NSFW?
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.