Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hunting Partner?

Banned

Hunting Partner?

I am not sure where this fits or even if hunting talk is allowed here, but I will go ahead and post.

I am currently looking for a hunting partner in NC. I do not have a vehicle currently, however, can get ready within 5-15 days. Hoping for a December hunt. I do have a plan mapped out, including area, length of time, etc. Please note that I am a traditionalist or atleast consider myself one and as such, prefer to hunt with traditional arms; such as; boar spears, halberds, traditional bows, traditional coach guns (1898 or older) or traditional muzzleloaders.

I plan on traditionally hunting myself, no blind, no stand, stalking/tracking my game on foot.

I do not have any qualms or quarrels for those that choose to use modern firearms however and you are free to do so.

Please message me if you are interested for more details.

Maybe ask the moderator to move your post to the North Carolina forum.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Maybe ask the moderator to move your post to the North Carolina forum.
    Done as is state specific and relates to RKBA.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Arent you the guy that carries a BB gun?

Banned
    Not only is that irrelevant to this topic, but that was long ago as well. I do not feel it is appropriate to discuss my supplies and what arms I currently have online.

darn, dontcha hate it when everything is on a public forum until the end of time for all of posterity to view...

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Banned
    Again, what ensued in the past is irrelevant. What I carry now is private. I am not like the fools that open carried rifles into Chipotle and wanted publicity, attention and to brag about their flaunting of arms at high and low ready. Only way to know what I carry is meet me. Again, this is a request for a hunting partner for a December hunt. Not to discuss what was said and done when I was new in open carrying.

Wowwie!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CDT COX View Post
    Arent you the guy that carries a BB gun?
    Quote Originally Posted by PATRIOT88 View Post
    Not only is that irrelevant to this topic, but that was long ago as well. I do not feel it is appropriate to discuss my supplies and what arms I currently have online.
    Again, what ensued in the past is irrelevant. What I carry now is private. I am not like the fools that open carried rifles into Chipotle and wanted publicity, attention and to brag about their flaunting of arms at high and low ready. Only way to know what I carry is meet me. Again, this is a request for a hunting partner for a December hunt. Not to discuss what was said and done when I was new in open carrying.
    also,,,,, boar spears, halberds, traditional bows, traditional coach guns (1898 or older) or traditional muzzleloaders.

I plan on traditionally hunting myself, no blind, no stand, stalking/tracking my game on foot.
    ================================================== ========

Well,,, youre not likely to find anyone on this forum willing to take a guy,, that doesnt own anything more than a CO2 pellet gun,,
    and wont admit to owning an actual "GUN"!

Youre are too sketchy to even meet for a lunch,,, Seriously!

You want to meet for an open carry lunch with your pellet gun,,,
    get the cops called,, then wait around for 30, 45 minutes till the cops come
    so you can get inspected and run out of town?

Then be taken on a hunt so you can walk around in the woods with a boar spear?
    What do you plan to hunt?? A Boar????

Please, dont take this post of questions as a put down...
    Just think about some of the answers to the questions..

We all here know, and are comfortable with naming some of the guns we would carry to a meet,,,
    and some of the rifles we might carry on a hunt,,
    for the particular game we wanted to shoot!
    Last edited by 1245A Defender; 12-10-2015 at 04:39 AM.
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

If no one really knows you, it is somewhat unlikely you will get much response to what seems less than looking for a "hunting partner" and more like trying to wrangle an invitation from strangers w/o being total candid. You are entitled to be as private as you want but........

I do EDC (normally OC 24/7) a 1911, own long guns including EBR, and hunt with trusted companions.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Banned
    I recall the meeting at Mcdonalds went well and no police were called. You cannot peg everyone as a sensitized idiot or fear monger. If you absolutely must know, the co2 guns are gone. Pawned for cigarette money at a pawn shop. So you can end the assumption that I carry a co2 gun. Which again, is the past and no more. Its to my knowledge that only one person has met me and only that individual knows what Im armed with.

Banned
    How does one know another? How does one go or advance from stranger to acquaintance or friend? How does one establish trust? The answers to all the previous is simple; it requires willingless to give a chance and meeting in person.

Only if YOU confuse acquaintance with friend, I do not. First impressions are important.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Quote Originally Posted by 1245A Defender View Post
    Youre are too sketchy to even meet for a lunch,,, Seriously!

You want to meet for an open carry lunch with your pellet gun,,,
    get the cops called,, then wait around for 30, 45 minutes till the cops come
    so you can get inspected and run out of town?

Skidmark (Va.) and I are the only ones here who made the attempt. Skid got lost. In the 45-60 minutes I was there nobody at the McD's cared about either of us being armed; those that noticed asked what we had.

Step down off that horse and check him out in person.

Well,,,

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Only if YOU confuse acquaintance with friend, I do not. First impressions are important.
    So far you are just ONLY an acquaintance to,,, BCCruiser,,, you had a lunch meet,,, and HE came...

But the rest of us,, know nothing,, except the sketchy parts that you are willing to show the forum.

Now you met at Mcdonalds couple months ago, but BCCruiser hasnt said anything about how it went/was.

I live on the other coast,,, but if I was near, I would be happy and pleased to meet you and talk,
    get to know each other better, maybe become friends,,, but that just wont be happening!

Who knows ,,, it might still be late Deer or Elk season,,, we could go on a hunt,,, I got black powder rifles...
    but no spears.
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

Banned
    Its no secret since its on the WRC website, that most seasons are closed and only a handful remain open.

Deer season with modern firearms; archery and blackpowder are closed.

Bear season and small game is open and so is wild boar; there is no restriction on method of take for small game, bear or wild boar to my knowledge, as long as its a reasonable and legal method of take, such as blackpowder, modern semi-auto firearms or archery. It is a federal violation to hunt with full or selective fire firearms .

We may have our differences, but let's not eat our own.

Hopefully others (especially the less experienced) can grow/mature through contact with other users/members here.

Please leave the personal remarks somewhere else. Stick to the OP or let it go fallow.

Its no secret since its on the WRC website, that most seasons are closed and only a handful remain open.

Deer season with modern firearms; archery and blackpowder are closed.

Bear season and small game is open and so is wild boar; there is no restriction on method of take for small game, bear or wild boar to my knowledge, as long as its a reasonable and legal method of take, such as blackpowder, modern semi-auto firearms or archery. It is a federal violation to hunt with full or selective fire firearms .
    Just throwing this out. You can hunt with a bow ALL deer season and you can hunt with a black powder rifle during modern rifle season. Hope this clears some stuff up, as for the spear? I would leave it at home.

Banned
    Please show me where you found that info for deer; for I am seeing otherwise.

EASTERN DEER SEASON
    Archery: Sept. 12 – Oct. 2
    Blackpowder: Oct. 3 – Oct. 16
    Gun: Oct. 17 – Jan. 1
    CENTRAL DEER SEASON
    Archery: Sept. 12– Oct. 30
    Blackpowder: Oct. 31 – Nov. 13
    Gun: Nov. 14 – Jan. 1
    NORTHWESTERN DEER SEASON
    Archery: Sept. 12 – Nov. 6
    Blackpowder: Nov. 7 – Nov. 20
    Gun: Nov. 21 – Jan. 1
    WESTERN DEER SEASON
    Archery: Sept. 12 – Sept. 27 and Oct. 11 – Nov. 22
    Blackpowder: Sept. 28 – Oct. 10
    Gun: Nov. 23 – Dec. 12

http://www.ncwildlife.org/Portals/0/...er-Seasons.pdf

http://www.ncwildlife.org/Hunting/Se...55120-big-game

http://www.ncwildlife.org/Portals/0/...er-Seasons.pdf
    It is contained within the first page of your first cite: The page is numbered as 55; starting bottom left "Weapons and Dogs" it shows that each segment of the season may also use all weapons listed in a lower case. Thus, archery season is restricted to bows and no dogs; blackpowder season also includes bows, but not guns or dogs; modern firearm season includes both blackpowder and bow, along with dogs.

--snipped--
    See page #55, Weapons and Dogs
    http://www.ncwildlife.org/Portals/0/...egulations.pdf

Was actually very easy to find.

You beat me too it BC.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 12-11-2015 at 12:46 PM.

Banned
    Well, its getting too close to the end of the deer season anyway. I will either have to limit myself to boar, bear and small game if I don't end up cancelling and trying next month instead.

I assume a December hunt may be difficult if not, impossible, being everyone is likely spending time with family and running errands.

Plus, its going to take me 5-15 days to get ready. Atleast 1-2 days for an in person meeting with a hunting partner and the rest for getting my license and gear.

Well, its getting too close to the end of the deer season anyway. I will either have to limit myself to boar, bear and small game if I don't end up cancelling and trying next month instead.

I assume a December hunt may be difficult if not, impossible, being everyone is likely spending time with family and running errands.

Plus, its going to take me 5-15 days to get ready. Atleast 1-2 days for an in person meeting with a hunting partner and the rest for getting my license and gear.
    Yep, absolutely right. No one hunts in December.

Banned
    So yeah Ill cancel and move it to next month, keeping the original plan or may change it and do urban archery season, depending on who I meet and what my hunting partner thinks and agrees to next month.

Banned
    Trying for a January hunt and may do other seasons as well, depending on if I get a partner. Catawba county, nc.

Urban Archery Season
    Archery only: Jan. 9 – Feb. 13, 2016 for deer

Rabbit and Wild Boar.

Not enough time to get ready in time for bear season, which ends January 1st.

Trying for a January hunt and may do other seasons as well, depending on if I get a partner. Catawba county, nc.

Urban Archery Season
    Archery only: Jan. 9 – Feb. 13, 2016 for deer

Rabbit and Wild Boar.

Not enough time to get ready in time for bear season, which ends January 1st.
    Do you have a place to hunt? Urban archery?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast