• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hunting Partner?

PATRIOT88

Banned
I am not sure where this fits or even if hunting talk is allowed here, but I will go ahead and post.

I am currently looking for a hunting partner in NC. I do not have a vehicle currently, however, can get ready within 5-15 days. Hoping for a December hunt. I do have a plan mapped out, including area, length of time, etc. Please note that I am a traditionalist or atleast consider myself one and as such, prefer to hunt with traditional arms; such as; boar spears, halberds, traditional bows, traditional coach guns (1898 or older) or traditional muzzleloaders.

I plan on traditionally hunting myself, no blind, no stand, stalking/tracking my game on foot.

I do not have any qualms or quarrels for those that choose to use modern firearms however and you are free to do so.

Please message me if you are interested for more details.

PATRIOT88

Banned
Not only is that irrelevant to this topic, but that was long ago as well. I do not feel it is appropriate to discuss my supplies and what arms I currently have online.

solus

darn, dontcha hate it when everything is on a public forum until the end of time for all of posterity to view...

ipse

PATRIOT88

Banned
Again, what ensued in the past is irrelevant. What I carry now is private. I am not like the fools that open carried rifles into Chipotle and wanted publicity, attention and to brag about their flaunting of arms at high and low ready. Only way to know what I carry is meet me. Again, this is a request for a hunting partner for a December hunt. Not to discuss what was said and done when I was new in open carrying.

1245A Defender

Wowwie!!!

Arent you the guy that carries a BB gun?

Not only is that irrelevant to this topic, but that was long ago as well. I do not feel it is appropriate to discuss my supplies and what arms I currently have online.

Again, what ensued in the past is irrelevant. What I carry now is private. I am not like the fools that open carried rifles into Chipotle and wanted publicity, attention and to brag about their flaunting of arms at high and low ready. Only way to know what I carry is meet me. Again, this is a request for a hunting partner for a December hunt. Not to discuss what was said and done when I was new in open carrying.

also,,,,, boar spears, halberds, traditional bows, traditional coach guns (1898 or older) or traditional muzzleloaders.

I plan on traditionally hunting myself, no blind, no stand, stalking/tracking my game on foot.
==========================================================

Well,,, youre not likely to find anyone on this forum willing to take a guy,, that doesnt own anything more than a CO2 pellet gun,,
and wont admit to owning an actual "GUN"!

Youre are too sketchy to even meet for a lunch,,, Seriously!

You want to meet for an open carry lunch with your pellet gun,,,
get the cops called,, then wait around for 30, 45 minutes till the cops come
so you can get inspected and run out of town?

Then be taken on a hunt so you can walk around in the woods with a boar spear?
What do you plan to hunt?? A Boar????

Please, dont take this post of questions as a put down...
Just think about some of the answers to the questions..

We all here know, and are comfortable with naming some of the guns we would carry to a meet,,,
and some of the rifles we might carry on a hunt,,
for the particular game we wanted to shoot!

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
If no one really knows you, it is somewhat unlikely you will get much response to what seems less than looking for a "hunting partner" and more like trying to wrangle an invitation from strangers w/o being total candid. You are entitled to be as private as you want but........

I do EDC (normally OC 24/7) a 1911, own long guns including EBR, and hunt with trusted companions.

PATRIOT88

Banned
I recall the meeting at Mcdonalds went well and no police were called. You cannot peg everyone as a sensitized idiot or fear monger. If you absolutely must know, the co2 guns are gone. Pawned for cigarette money at a pawn shop. So you can end the assumption that I carry a co2 gun. Which again, is the past and no more. Its to my knowledge that only one person has met me and only that individual knows what Im armed with.

PATRIOT88

Banned
How does one know another? How does one go or advance from stranger to acquaintance or friend? How does one establish trust? The answers to all the previous is simple; it requires willingless to give a chance and meeting in person.

bc.cruiser

Youre are too sketchy to even meet for a lunch,,, Seriously!

You want to meet for an open carry lunch with your pellet gun,,,
get the cops called,, then wait around for 30, 45 minutes till the cops come
so you can get inspected and run out of town?

Skidmark (Va.) and I are the only ones here who made the attempt. Skid got lost. In the 45-60 minutes I was there nobody at the McD's cared about either of us being armed; those that noticed asked what we had.

Step down off that horse and check him out in person.

1245A Defender

Well,,,

Only if YOU confuse acquaintance with friend, I do not. First impressions are important.

So far you are just ONLY an acquaintance to,,, BCCruiser,,, you had a lunch meet,,, and HE came...

But the rest of us,, know nothing,, except the sketchy parts that you are willing to show the forum.

Now you met at Mcdonalds couple months ago, but BCCruiser hasnt said anything about how it went/was.

I live on the other coast,,, but if I was near, I would be happy and pleased to meet you and talk,
get to know each other better, maybe become friends,,, but that just wont be happening!

Who knows ,,, it might still be late Deer or Elk season,,, we could go on a hunt,,, I got black powder rifles...
but no spears.

PATRIOT88

Banned
Its no secret since its on the WRC website, that most seasons are closed and only a handful remain open.

Deer season with modern firearms; archery and blackpowder are closed.

Bear season and small game is open and so is wild boar; there is no restriction on method of take for small game, bear or wild boar to my knowledge, as long as its a reasonable and legal method of take, such as blackpowder, modern semi-auto firearms or archery. It is a federal violation to hunt with full or selective fire firearms .

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
We may have our differences, but let's not eat our own.

Hopefully others (especially the less experienced) can grow/mature through contact with other users/members here.

Please leave the personal remarks somewhere else. Stick to the OP or let it go fallow.

nobama

Its no secret since its on the WRC website, that most seasons are closed and only a handful remain open.

Deer season with modern firearms; archery and blackpowder are closed.

Bear season and small game is open and so is wild boar; there is no restriction on method of take for small game, bear or wild boar to my knowledge, as long as its a reasonable and legal method of take, such as blackpowder, modern semi-auto firearms or archery. It is a federal violation to hunt with full or selective fire firearms .

Just throwing this out. You can hunt with a bow ALL deer season and you can hunt with a black powder rifle during modern rifle season. Hope this clears some stuff up, as for the spear? I would leave it at home.

PATRIOT88

Banned
Please show me where you found that info for deer; for I am seeing otherwise.

EASTERN DEER SEASON
Archery: Sept. 12 – Oct. 2
Blackpowder: Oct. 3 – Oct. 16
Gun: Oct. 17 – Jan. 1
CENTRAL DEER SEASON
Archery: Sept. 12– Oct. 30
Blackpowder: Oct. 31 – Nov. 13
Gun: Nov. 14 – Jan. 1
NORTHWESTERN DEER SEASON
Archery: Sept. 12 – Nov. 6
Blackpowder: Nov. 7 – Nov. 20
Gun: Nov. 21 – Jan. 1
WESTERN DEER SEASON
Archery: Sept. 12 – Sept. 27 and Oct. 11 – Nov. 22
Blackpowder: Sept. 28 – Oct. 10
Gun: Nov. 23 – Dec. 12

http://www.ncwildlife.org/Portals/0/Regs/Documents/Deer-Seasons.pdf

http://www.ncwildlife.org/Hunting/SeasonsLimits.aspx#5555120-big-game

bc.cruiser

Please show me where you found that info for deer; for I am seeing otherwise.
http://www.ncwildlife.org/Portals/0/Regs/Documents/Deer-Seasons.pdf

It is contained within the first page of your first cite: The page is numbered as 55; starting bottom left "Weapons and Dogs" it shows that each segment of the season may also use all weapons listed in a lower case. Thus, archery season is restricted to bows and no dogs; blackpowder season also includes bows, but not guns or dogs; modern firearm season includes both blackpowder and bow, along with dogs.

PATRIOT88

Banned
Well, its getting too close to the end of the deer season anyway. I will either have to limit myself to boar, bear and small game if I don't end up cancelling and trying next month instead.

I assume a December hunt may be difficult if not, impossible, being everyone is likely spending time with family and running errands.

Plus, its going to take me 5-15 days to get ready. Atleast 1-2 days for an in person meeting with a hunting partner and the rest for getting my license and gear.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Well, its getting too close to the end of the deer season anyway. I will either have to limit myself to boar, bear and small game if I don't end up cancelling and trying next month instead.

I assume a December hunt may be difficult if not, impossible, being everyone is likely spending time with family and running errands.

Plus, its going to take me 5-15 days to get ready. Atleast 1-2 days for an in person meeting with a hunting partner and the rest for getting my license and gear.
Yep, absolutely right. No one hunts in December. :lol: :lol: