Thread: KY gov seems to get it... felons have gun rights

Banned

KY gov seems to get it... felons have gun rights

http://lionsofliberty.com/2015/11/27...1322d-57765465
    Kentucky Gov. Steve Beshear (D) signed an executive order into law that automatically restores voting rights to tens of thousands of nonviolent former felons who have served their time.

He needs to go slightly further ///
    Last edited by davidmcbeth; 12-04-2015 at 01:11 AM.

When will they admit that most of the non-violent felons should never have been felons?
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

State Researcher
    Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    When will they admit that most of the non-violent felons should never have been felons?
    Guess it depends on what crimes the non-violent felons committed. I'm more than happy to see white collar criminals who defraud hard-working people of their life savings get felonies.

And I believe that property crimes above some value or upon some number of repeat offenses also qualify as felonies.

Of course, I also believe that once a man is deemed safe to release, unsupervised, back into society, we must respect all of his rights including RKBA. Put another way, we ought not be releasing convicted criminals back into society until we believe they are safe to exercise their rights including RKBA.

Charles
    All experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. Thank heaven we do not permit a few to impose anarchy.

"With Anarchy as an aim and as a means, Communism becomes possible."
    --Marxist.org

"Communism and Anarchy [are], a necessary complement to one another. "
    --PETER KROPOTKIN, "Anarchism: its philosophy and ideal." 1898.

Regular Member rightwinglibertarian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    http://lionsofliberty.com/2015/11/27...1322d-57765465
    Kentucky Gov. Steve Beshear (D) signed an executive order into law that automatically restores voting rights to tens of thousands of nonviolent former felons who have served their time.

He needs to go slightly further ///
    He needs to allow even violent felons to carry. Provided they are crime free for 5 years. I would say immediately but the number of people who re-offend after being in prison is quite high and they have already been proven to be a danger to themself
    "Which part of shall not be infringed is so difficult to understand"?

"Any and all restrictions on the bearing of arms in public places are nullified as per the Second Amendment"

Conservative Broadcast || Google Plus profile

Quote Originally Posted by rightwinglibertarian View Post
    He needs to allow even violent felons to carry. Provided they are crime free for 5 years. I would say immediately but the number of people who re-offend after being in prison is quite high and they have already been proven to be a danger to themself
    Never on violent felons. Even after 5 years they could still re-offend.

Quote Originally Posted by sipowicz View Post
    Never on violent felons. Even after 5 years they could still re-offend.
    You go and punch a cop when you're 16-18 ish and you're then banned from carrying for life?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	261p6x0.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	81.5 KB 
ID:	12886

:P

"Any and all restrictions on the bearing of arms in public places are nullified as per the Second Amendment"

Quote Originally Posted by rightwinglibertarian View Post
    You go and punch a cop when you're 16-18 ish and you're then banned from carrying for life?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	261p6x0.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	81.5 KB 
ID:	12886

:P

I'm not talking about kids. I'm talking about those who are older and know better. I'm talking about punching someone in a bar and killing him. Voluntary manslaughter. Accessory to a robbery. Rape. Kidnapping, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by sipowicz View Post
    I'm not talking about kids. I'm talking about those who are older and know better. I'm talking about punching someone in a bar and killing him. Voluntary manslaughter. Accessory to a robbery. Rape. Kidnapping, etc.
    well that for one should be life in prison so no gun rights there. Again a kid can do a robbery. Rape well that should be life and so should kidnapping

That's a lot of pardons! I know there is one he issued for a convicted husband killer over in northern Kentucky that isn't sitting too well with the victim's family. Her name is Cheryl McCafferty (sp?) if anyone is interested. It did make me wonder how typical this pardon was of all those others given out.

But you know how our judicial system is. Some felons slip through and cause trouble again. Not all mind you, but some.