Thread: Gun Free Zones?

Gun Free Zones?

On December 3, The Washington Post reported that gun crime has been on the decline for about 20 years, except for high-profile shootings in gun-free zones; WaPo claims those shootings are on the increase.

According to WaPo, “In 1993, there were seven homicides by firearm for every 100,000 Americans. … By 2013, that figure had fallen by nearly half, to 3.6 [per 100,000].”

http://www.breitbart.com/big-journal...un-free-zones/
    Read the WaPo story carefully...it never mentions gun free zone. In fact WaPo goes to great lenghts to avoid mentioning the obvious. Like how California is pretty much the largest gun free zone in the US.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Gun deaths, violent crime overall are down, but reasons are elusive

... explanations for the nation’s plummeting homicide rate remain elusive, stymieing economists, criminologists, police, politicians and demographers. Have new police strategies made a difference, or have demographic shifts and population migrations steered the change? Could the reasons be as simple as putting more bad guys behind bars, or does credit go to changes made a generation ago, such as taking the lead out of gasoline or legalizing abortion?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...b40_story.html

Stymieing the elites and Only Ones, but not US. Anyone else remember The Little Rascals 'Our Gang' and Stymie - Matthew Beard? http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0063915/b..._=nm_ov_bio_sm
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Gun free zones are nothing more than highly peopled areas where carrying guns by untrained people would be inappropriate and dangerous. The fact that there are a lot of people makes them attractive targets for terrorists.

Banned
    I have a gun free zone on my land but it only applies to gov't officials. Sucks to be them.

Quote Originally Posted by beebobby View Post
    Gun free zones are nothing more than highly peopled areas where carrying guns by untrained people would be inappropriate and dangerous. The fact that there are a lot of people makes them attractive targets for terrorists.
    Redundant and liberal pap...typical.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

They worry about hypotheticals about what a lawful gun owner might do. Which results in a shooting Gallery for terrorists.