• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun Free Zones?

OC for ME

On December 3, The Washington Post reported that gun crime has been on the decline for about 20 years, except for high-profile shootings in gun-free zones; WaPo claims those shootings are on the increase.

According to WaPo, “In 1993, there were seven homicides by firearm for every 100,000 Americans. … By 2013, that figure had fallen by nearly half, to 3.6 [per 100,000].”

http://www.breitbart.com/big-journa...gun-violence-declining-except-gun-free-zones/
Read the WaPo story carefully...it never mentions gun free zone. In fact WaPo goes to great lenghts to avoid mentioning the obvious. Like how California is pretty much the largest gun free zone in the US.

beebobby

Gun free zones are nothing more than highly peopled areas where carrying guns by untrained people would be inappropriate and dangerous. The fact that there are a lot of people makes them attractive targets for terrorists.

OC for ME

Gun free zones are nothing more than highly peopled areas where carrying guns by untrained people would be inappropriate and dangerous. The fact that there are a lot of people makes them attractive targets for terrorists.
Redundant and liberal pap...typical.

lockman

State Researcher
They worry about hypotheticals about what a lawful gun owner might do. Which results in a shooting Gallery for terrorists.