• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Do state employees have any rights here?

Old Virginia Joe

Does anyone legal here have any knowledge of any kick-back/blow-back state employees can do about this NO GUNS mess the Gov has done to our state workplaces? We now have a big WELCOME sign over our office doors to evil-doers, and WHAT is our recourse other than to quit our professions and whatever retirement we have cheaply labored for over many years? The recent shoot-em-up in California is EXACTLY what we warned against. Can anyone here offer any serious ideas? Do state folks have NO ONE standing up for their lives and workplace environment?

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
I don't put much value on people who seem willing to work in such an environment.

If they all mass-quit then I would support them...but they are sheep and just cogs in the wheels of injustice, so they are used to it.

carolina guy

Does anyone legal here have any knowledge of any kick-back/blow-back state employees can do about this NO GUNS mess the Gov has done to our state workplaces? We now have a big WELCOME sign over our office doors to evil-doers, and WHAT is our recourse other than to quit our professions and whatever retirement we have cheaply labored for over many years? The recent shoot-em-up in California is EXACTLY what we warned against. Can anyone here offer any serious ideas? Do state folks have NO ONE standing up for their lives and workplace environment?

Sounds like you are in the same boat as many corporate workers... So, either cc, change work place, petition the legislature, or keep going as usual and trust the nanny state. (*shrug*)