Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lynchburg Liberty University president urges students to arm selves

Lynchburg Liberty University president urges students to arm selves

The president of Liberty University urged students at the Christian school to carry concealed weapons on campus to counter any possible armed attack like the mass killings in San Bernardino, Calif. "Let's teach them a lesson if they ever show up here," President Jerry Falwell Jr. told students at a convocation Friday.

The call-to-arms was met with rousing applause from students, but some said Falwell went too far when he appeared to be referring specifically to Muslims, the News & Advance reported (http://bit.ly/1Na9kYd).

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...12-05-12-15-39

G00gle Real Time Coverage
    https://news.google.com/news/rtc?ncl...ctzClYtkqHOT3M 40 Articles ATM
    Last edited by Nightmare; 12-05-2015 at 12:40 PM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Don't want to offend any muslims st the evangelical school where the President is outlining school policy in keeping w the 1A and 2A.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “Men live without other security than what their own strength and their own invention shall furnish them"
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651

State Researcher

Liberty University President Urges Students to Arm Themselves

From the AP the President of Liberty University is urging students to arm themselves against possible terror attacks.

Full article at link above.

Fair use excerpt:

Quote Originally Posted by AP
    LYNCHBURG, Va. (AP) -- The president of Liberty University urged students at the Christian school to carry concealed weapons on campus to counter any possible armed attack like the mass killings in San Bernardino, Calif.

"Let's teach them a lesson if they ever show up here," President Jerry Falwell Jr. told students at a convocation Friday.

The call-to-arms was met with rousing applause from students,...
    Charles
    All experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. Thank heaven we do not permit a few to impose anarchy.

"With Anarchy as an aim and as a means, Communism becomes possible."
    --Marxist.org

"Communism and Anarchy [are], a necessary complement to one another. "
    --PETER KROPOTKIN, "Anarchism: its philosophy and ideal." 1898.

Founder's Club Member
    I meant to post this myself. Hooray for a sensible school and its administrators!

Liberty University knows it is and has been the target of leftists, Muslims, and others who have no problems killing Christians, infidels, and the like. They know just like Terry McAuliffe knows that when someone comes to threaten you, you better be able to stop that person.

Quote Originally Posted by HPmatt View Post
    Don't want to offend any muslims st the evangelical school where the President is outlining school policy in keeping w the 1A and 2A.
    McAwful sure is offended:

If more good people had concealed guns, ‘we could end those Muslims’
    A spokesman for Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe (D) sent the following statement on Saturday:

“My administration is committed to making Virginia an open and welcoming Commonwealth, while also ensuring the safety of all of our citizens. Mr. Falwell’s rash and repugnant comments detract from both of those crucial goals,” McAuliffe said. “Those of us in leadership positions, whether in government or education, must take care to remember the tremendous harm that can result from reckless words.”

Quote Originally Posted by Repeater View Post
    isn't Liberty a PRIVATE school ?

in which case it's none of his business
    JFT 96

I'm sorry, did I offend you with my opinion?
    You should hear the ones I keep to myself.

Porthos, Athos, and Aramis = peter nap, skidmark and Grapeshot, d'Artagnan = ?

Quote Originally Posted by scouser View Post
    isn't Liberty a PRIVATE school ? in which case it's none of his business
    Private Christian School

Founder's Club Member
    “If some of those people in that community center had what I have in my back pocket right now …,” he said while being interrupted by louder cheers and clapping. “Is it illegal to pull it out? I don’t know,” he said, chuckling.
    T-shirt and bumper sticker opportunity:

"The president of my university carries a gun!"
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    T-shirt and bumper sticker opportunity: "The president of my university carries a gun!"
    Yes, but better:The President of my Nation carries a gun.

Founder's Club Member
    Fixed:

A spokesman for Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe (D) sent the following statement on Saturday:

“My administration is committed to making Virginia an open and welcoming Commonwealth to any who hate Virginia and Virginians, while also ensuring the safety of all of our citizens who decide to rape, murder, rob, and otherwise generally harm those Virginians that I hate. Mr. Falwell’s rash and repugnant comments detract from both of those crucial goals, because it is my intent to ensure that the political class and the criminal class are the only classes of people with access to useful arms” McAuliffe said. “Those of us in leadership positions, whether in government or education, must take care to remember the tremendous harm that can result from reckless words or my fellow tyrants and criminals will begin to think we are not welcome.”

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    (cough, cough)

Now, you know I would never conflate the government that rules a nation with the nation itself.

FIFY: "The President of one third of the branches of the federal government that rules me without my consent carries a gun." (And, I would still debate whether that would actually be better.)
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Regular Member rightwinglibertarian's Avatar
    That was totally uncalled for. That tars all Muslims with the same brush and thats just wrong. Just as many people of any religion do not follow their holy book, Muslims are exactly the same and do not follow the command to kill and wage jihad. I should know, I lived with them for years in the UK.
    "Which part of shall not be infringed is so difficult to understand"?

"Any and all restrictions on the bearing of arms in public places are nullified as per the Second Amendment"

Conservative Broadcast || Google Plus profile

Founder's Club Member
    "... end those Muslims..."

Which Muslims could he be talking about here? Why those that wage jihad and would require an armed response. The Muslims that are not waging jihad are obviously not included in "those Muslims" since they are not threatening anyone. He's not talking about using arms to end a Muslim's dinner preparation.

Quote Originally Posted by rightwinglibertarian View Post
    That was totally uncalled for. That tars all Muslims with the same brush and thats just wrong. Just as many people of any religion do not follow their holy book, Muslims are exactly the same and do not follow the command to kill and wage jihad. I should know, I lived with them for years in the UK.
    Muslim means in their language an adherent of Islam a religion based on the Quran. As there are lapsed Catholics and non-observant Jews, there are failed Muslims.

The history of Islam since about 700 CE is of the lesser jihad and conquest. See the Saracen history.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Falwell's message can be reduced to one which we are all familiar: We must be prepared to stop those intent on harming us with the appropriate amount of force - deadly force if must be.

What he does not do is castigate all Muslims. The distinction is obvious to anyone willing to look beyond the end of their nose.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

State Researcher
    Agreed. Or even better: "The president of my nation defends my right to carry a gun. As does the United States Congress, and the federal courts."

I long for the day when the federal government enforces the black letter language of the second amendment against bigoted, discriminating, rights-infringing States and cities with even half the vigor it has enforced the double nickel in the past, or various rights found only in the penumbra of the constitution even today.

Charles
    All experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. Thank heaven we do not permit a few to impose anarchy.

"With Anarchy as an aim and as a means, Communism becomes possible."
    --Marxist.org

"Communism and Anarchy [are], a necessary complement to one another. "
    --PETER KROPOTKIN, "Anarchism: its philosophy and ideal." 1898.

Is he going to carry it for the USSS, because the current one sure isn't qualified, trained or knowledgeable enough to be allowed to carry a loaded firearm.

Quote Originally Posted by va_tazdad View Post
    Is he going to carry it for the USSS, because the current one sure isn't qualified, trained or knowledgeable enough to be allowed to carry a loaded firearm.
    Ahhh, another elite supporter, only qualified, trained and knowledgeable enjoy the RKABA? Like an athletic supporter, believes only pros The Only Ones? I trust this is seen as ironically as I intended it to be.

If the current one was armed then maybe he could go out in his backyard and put US all out of his misery.

Good people ought to be armed as they will, with wits and guns and The Truth. God Bless US Bitter Clingers.
    Last edited by Nightmare; 12-06-2015 at 08:10 AM.

Ahhh, another elite supporter, only qualified, trained and knowledgeable enjoy the RKABA? Like an athletic supporter, believes only pros The Only Ones? I trust this is seen as ironically as I intended it to be.

If the current one was armed then maybe he could go out in his backyard and put US all out of his misery.

Good people ought to be armed as they will, with wits and guns and The Truth. God Bless US Bitter Clingers.
    He/It ain't "good people" in any way, shape or form. As useless as he has proven to be, I am afraid he would hurt somebody else in the attempt.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Still a valid distinction: We aim to please. You aim too please.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Exact opposite: it WAS called for. You took the sentence out-of-context.

An apology is in order.

Regular Member rightwinglibertarian's Avatar
    Exact opposite: it WAS called for. You took the sentence out-of-context.

An apology is in order.
    There is little doubt what ending something means. In this case one could say 'get rid of'. If he didnt mean that, he shouldnt have said it. Show me a muslim who has been convicted of terrorism and I couldnt care less if he was crucified. But no-body needs 'ending' without due process.
    "Which part of shall not be infringed is so difficult to understand"?

"Any and all restrictions on the bearing of arms in public places are nullified as per the Second Amendment"

Conservative Broadcast || Google Plus profile

Founder's Club Member
    There is little doubt what ending something means. In this case one could say 'get rid of'. If he didnt mean that, he shouldnt have said it. Show me a muslim who has been convicted of terrorism and I couldnt care less if he was crucified. But no-body needs 'ending' without due process.
    "Those Muslims" (the ones waging jihad) get their due process when they show up to kill someone and that someone or group of someones uses lawful means to provide for their defense. The only way you can pretend to play this game is if you ignore that "Those Muslims" are those that wage jihad. If they survive the use of lethal force, then maybe they'll get their due process with the law the same as anyone else trying to murder others.

The phrase "those Muslims" has the demonstrative pronoun those. Read Falwell's entire speech again and look for the antecedent.

Was this BEFORE they started beheading people in the street?

Sent from my Sony Xperia using Tapatalk 4

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast