Thread: Obummer to give a sunday address--likely to try to disarm us

Banned

Obummer to give a sunday address--likely to try to disarm us

http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/05/politi...ats/index.html

Obama said it's "insane" that people on the "no-fly" list are permitted to buy guns.

Loony ...

White House Press Secretary Josh Earnest said in a statement. "He [President Obama] will reiterate ... that the United States must draw upon our values -- our unwavering commitment to justice, equality and freedom --"

Justice, equality and freedom, and our unwavering commitment to them will not disarm us of our RKABA or our disdain for Obama.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    It is insane that being put on the no-fly list is at the whim of the government and nearly challenge proof.

"The No Fly List is currently the subject of a number of different lawsuits against the U.S. governement, primarily for preventing travel by those who claim no affiliation or knowledge of terrorist groups other than what they have heard in the news. Many of these individuals are reporters, business people, teachers, or others who travel frequently to predominantly Muslim countries and/or practice Islam themselves. As a result, many have asserted that the No Fly List is fueled by bigotry, not legitimate intelligence regarding terrorist ties. However, these lawsuits are often stymied by the U.S. government's privilege against disclosing classified information that could harm national security. This makes it difficult for those prosecuting these claims to investigate the reason behind their inclusion on the List or to challenge the List on constitutional grounds because they cannot easily show a pattern of improper behavior."
    http://www.hg.org/article.asp?id=31742
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Banned
    Grape, are you saying our crazy president is insane?

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Grape, are you saying our crazy president is insane?
    I leave it to others to make their own individual determination.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Would this "reform" have stopped the Kalifornia murders? No. This government is very, very wicked and mentally ill. Welcome to the USSA!
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

Quote Originally Posted by 77zach View Post
    Would this "reform" have stopped the Kalifornia murders? No. This government is very, very wicked and mentally ill. Welcome to the USSA!
    Yes it is very troubling that we have enemies of the USA within our own government

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    It is insane that being put on the no-fly list is at the whim of the government and nearly challenge proof.

"The No Fly List is currently the subject of a number of different lawsuits against the U.S. governement, primarily for preventing travel by those who claim no affiliation or knowledge of terrorist groups other than what they have heard in the news. Many of these individuals are reporters, business people, teachers, or others who travel frequently to predominantly Muslim countries and/or practice Islam themselves. As a result, many have asserted that the No Fly List is fueled by bigotry, not legitimate intelligence regarding terrorist ties. However, these lawsuits are often stymied by the U.S. government's privilege against disclosing classified information that could harm national security. This makes it difficult for those prosecuting these claims to investigate the reason behind their inclusion on the List or to challenge the List on constitutional grounds because they cannot easily show a pattern of improper behavior."
    According to Hillary there are no classified documents.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar

+1 Suspicious isn't a crime.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    Have you ever noticed that dictators seem to constantly be on TV?

Of course if successfully pushes a ban through we only follow the law and surrender our weapons and wait for politicians and courts to fix it, right.......

Try ginger tea for your digestion Grape...it helps mine I have a simple recipe I follow every morning.....

"Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their

I'm surprised Obungo didn't announce any illegal restrictions.

To my knowledge only one President has illegally banned guns by the exercise of his will. It was done by a vicious anti gunner and war criminal in 1990, the so called "Import Ban", and it is still in effect today somehow. The only reason this was tolerated that I can think of was it was done by a "conservative". Just as when this crime boss's son became President in 2000 and praised the "assault weapons" ban, it was good because he was "conservative". If we get a Republican in 2016 and they push "gun control" I wonder if we'll turn in our guns. It might become my patriotic duty to turn them in. Just don't have a Democrat tell me!
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

Obama pushes gun control that would not have mattered

"...proposing a scheme that would not have prevented last Wednesday’s terrorist attack..."

"What Obama really wants is to make it harder for honest American citizens to purchase the most popular rifle in the United States today. Semiautomatic modern sport-utility rifles are owned by millions of citizens who have harmed nobody. Rifles of any kind are among the least-used firearms in homicides, according to the FBI Uniform Crime Report..."

http://www.examiner.com/article/obam...alerts_article

Never let a crisis go to waste.

They ignore blowback and continue on their imperialistic march.

You need a trigger-warning for blowback, a pretty aggressive word for the actual, and PC, whimpering whine.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    You need a trigger-warning for blowback, a pretty aggressive word for the actual, and PC, whimpering whine.
    It has little to do with the numbers 6 and 9....hahahaha

Neocons really need to explain how this is PC whimpering, but cannot, they just state it and we are supposed to accept it. I would never say the world would be rivers of chocolate and good will if it weren't for the imperialism of the US government and other western nations. However, I prefer to live in reality. Who has installed and supported many radical Islamic states and fomented destabilization in Egypt, Syria, and Iraq. Who supports the most radical and evil people in Kuwait and Saudi Arabia? NATO. Who is primarily responsible for turning Iraq into a terrorist breeding ground? The United States government. Who went to Syria and was all friendly MEETING WITH TERRORISTS ON VIDEO? Prince of the neocons, John McCain. How is this even a debate? It's as if some people are stuck in a "proud to be an American" music video.

In the self defense/gun training world we counsel people that just because you should be willing and able to defend yourself it does not follow that you should walk through the "hood" at 3AM. If possible, avoid going to the ATM in the bad part of town at midnight. Don't hang out at brothels or deal in drugs etc. In fact, here in Florida you're not even allowed to carry if you're at a "place of nuisance". So if I try and apply this to foreign policy, maybe I shouldn't destabilize a country, support evil regimes, have wide open borders, ship refugees over, and promise to give them free stuff.

What's even more amazing is that the calls to become even more involved in foreign entanglements are growing stronger and are louder than the calls to end "gun free" zones. Europe wants tougher gun laws for law abiding citizens. No Congressman has even proposed legislation enforcing the 2nd Amendment except in places that have metal detectors and ample armed security, one easy thing that could actually help deter and mitigate terror attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    It has little to do with the numbers 6 and 9....hahahaha
    Don't swallow that. You might do better to just spit it out.

Interesting parallel with this thread is Day by Day cartoon (NSFW) by Chris Muir.
    http://www.daybydaycartoon.com/comic/come-get-some/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campai gn=Feed%3A+DayByDayCartoon+%28Day+by+Day+Cartoon+b y+Chris+Muir%29

"The No Fly List is currently the subject of a number of different lawsuits against the U.S. government, primarily for preventing travel by those who claim no affiliation or knowledge of terrorist groups other than what they have heard in the news. Many of these individuals are reporters, business people, teachers, or others who travel frequently to predominantly Muslim countries and/or practice Islam themselves. As a result, many have asserted that the No Fly List is fueled by bigotry, not legitimate intelligence regarding terrorist ties. However, these lawsuits are often stymied by the U.S. government's privilege against disclosing classified information that could harm national security. This makes it difficult for those prosecuting these claims to investigate the reason behind their inclusion on the List or to challenge the List on constitutional grounds because they cannot easily show a pattern of improper behavior."
    Begs the question, what do judges think about these questions. If it is a national security issue, then dismiss the cases. If it is not a national security issue, produce the list and the policy that describes membership.

Either way, the state judges itself on these matters...nothing to see here, move along...move along.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Banned
    I leave it to others to make their own individual determination.
    Obummer is clearly looney and emotionally compromised. Under Starfleet Regulation 619, he is no longer fit to command anything and must be removed.