• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Obummer to give a sunday address--likely to try to disarm us

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
It is insane that being put on the no-fly list is at the whim of the government and nearly challenge proof.

"The No Fly List is currently the subject of a number of different lawsuits against the U.S. governement, primarily for preventing travel by those who claim no affiliation or knowledge of terrorist groups other than what they have heard in the news. Many of these individuals are reporters, business people, teachers, or others who travel frequently to predominantly Muslim countries and/or practice Islam themselves. As a result, many have asserted that the No Fly List is fueled by bigotry, not legitimate intelligence regarding terrorist ties. However, these lawsuits are often stymied by the U.S. government's privilege against disclosing classified information that could harm national security. This makes it difficult for those prosecuting these claims to investigate the reason behind their inclusion on the List or to challenge the List on constitutional grounds because they cannot easily show a pattern of improper behavior."
http://www.hg.org/article.asp?id=31742

77zach

Would this "reform" have stopped the Kalifornia murders? No. This government is very, very wicked and mentally ill. Welcome to the USSA!

Mancelona Man

Would this "reform" have stopped the Kalifornia murders? No. This government is very, very wicked and mentally ill. Welcome to the USSA!

Yes it is very troubling that we have enemies of the USA within our own government

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
It is insane that being put on the no-fly list is at the whim of the government and nearly challenge proof.

"The No Fly List is currently the subject of a number of different lawsuits against the U.S. governement, primarily for preventing travel by those who claim no affiliation or knowledge of terrorist groups other than what they have heard in the news. Many of these individuals are reporters, business people, teachers, or others who travel frequently to predominantly Muslim countries and/or practice Islam themselves. As a result, many have asserted that the No Fly List is fueled by bigotry, not legitimate intelligence regarding terrorist ties. However, these lawsuits are often stymied by the U.S. government's privilege against disclosing classified information that could harm national security. This makes it difficult for those prosecuting these claims to investigate the reason behind their inclusion on the List or to challenge the List on constitutional grounds because they cannot easily show a pattern of improper behavior."
According to Hillary there are no classified documents.

sudden valley gunner

+1 Suspicious isn't a crime.

sudden valley gunner

Of course if successfully pushes a ban through we only follow the law and surrender our weapons and wait for politicians and courts to fix it, right.......:p

Try ginger tea for your digestion Grape...it helps mine I have a simple recipe I follow every morning.....;)

77zach

I'm surprised Obungo didn't announce any illegal restrictions.

To my knowledge only one President has illegally banned guns by the exercise of his will. It was done by a vicious anti gunner and war criminal in 1990, the so called "Import Ban", and it is still in effect today somehow. The only reason this was tolerated that I can think of was it was done by a "conservative". Just as when this crime boss's son became President in 2000 and praised the "assault weapons" ban, it was good because he was "conservative". If we get a Republican in 2016 and they push "gun control" I wonder if we'll turn in our guns. It might become my patriotic duty to turn them in. Just don't have a Democrat tell me!

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Obama pushes gun control that would not have mattered

"...proposing a scheme that would not have prevented last Wednesday’s terrorist attack..."

"What Obama really wants is to make it harder for honest American citizens to purchase the most popular rifle in the United States today. Semiautomatic modern sport-utility rifles are owned by millions of citizens who have harmed nobody. Rifles of any kind are among the least-used firearms in homicides, according to the FBI Uniform Crime Report..."

http://www.examiner.com/article/oba...not-have-mattered?CID=examiner_alerts_article

77zach

You need a trigger-warning for blowback, a pretty aggressive word for the actual, and PC, whimpering whine.

Neocons really need to explain how this is PC whimpering, but cannot, they just state it and we are supposed to accept it. I would never say the world would be rivers of chocolate and good will if it weren't for the imperialism of the US government and other western nations. However, I prefer to live in reality. Who has installed and supported many radical Islamic states and fomented destabilization in Egypt, Syria, and Iraq. Who supports the most radical and evil people in Kuwait and Saudi Arabia? NATO. Who is primarily responsible for turning Iraq into a terrorist breeding ground? The United States government. Who went to Syria and was all friendly MEETING WITH TERRORISTS ON VIDEO? Prince of the neocons, John McCain. How is this even a debate? It's as if some people are stuck in a "proud to be an American" music video.

In the self defense/gun training world we counsel people that just because you should be willing and able to defend yourself it does not follow that you should walk through the "hood" at 3AM. If possible, avoid going to the ATM in the bad part of town at midnight. Don't hang out at brothels or deal in drugs etc. In fact, here in Florida you're not even allowed to carry if you're at a "place of nuisance". So if I try and apply this to foreign policy, maybe I shouldn't destabilize a country, support evil regimes, have wide open borders, ship refugees over, and promise to give them free stuff.

What's even more amazing is that the calls to become even more involved in foreign entanglements are growing stronger and are louder than the calls to end "gun free" zones. Europe wants tougher gun laws for law abiding citizens. No Congressman has even proposed legislation enforcing the 2nd Amendment except in places that have metal detectors and ample armed security, one easy thing that could actually help deter and mitigate terror attacks.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
You need a trigger-warning for blowback, a pretty aggressive word for the actual, and PC, whimpering whine.
It has little to do with the numbers 6 and 9....hahahaha :p
Don't swallow that. You might do better to just spit it out.

Interesting parallel with this thread is Day by Day cartoon (NSFW) by Chris Muir.
http://www.daybydaycartoon.com/comic/come-get-some/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+DayByDayCartoon+%28Day+by+Day+Cartoon+by+Chris+Muir%29

OC for ME

"The No Fly List is currently the subject of a number of different lawsuits against the U.S. government, primarily for preventing travel by those who claim no affiliation or knowledge of terrorist groups other than what they have heard in the news. Many of these individuals are reporters, business people, teachers, or others who travel frequently to predominantly Muslim countries and/or practice Islam themselves. As a result, many have asserted that the No Fly List is fueled by bigotry, not legitimate intelligence regarding terrorist ties. However, these lawsuits are often stymied by the U.S. government's privilege against disclosing classified information that could harm national security. This makes it difficult for those prosecuting these claims to investigate the reason behind their inclusion on the List or to challenge the List on constitutional grounds because they cannot easily show a pattern of improper behavior."
Begs the question, what do judges think about these questions. If it is a national security issue, then dismiss the cases. If it is not a national security issue, produce the list and the policy that describes membership.

Either way, the state judges itself on these matters...nothing to see here, move along...move along.