Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Denny's Prescott Valley change of heart

Denny's Prescott Valley change of heart

The Denny's in Prescott Valley had a 'no firearms' sign for years. I haven't been in there for quite some time. This week I learned that they changed their tune.

They have a 6" x 12" laminated sign on their door, stating that they "Support your 2nd Amendment Rights" and asked patrons to follow AZ law when bringing firearms in to their restaurant (CCW, concealed, and no drinking alcohol).

Not sure what changed, I've been told by regular customers that the management is still the same. I'm also not sure if the sign is a reaction to the San Bernardino terrorist attack.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	12299272_1717857961777264_1737091790274330826_n.jpg 
Views:	204 
Size:	92.8 KB 
ID:	12884  
    Last edited by AZkopper; 12-06-2015 at 11:31 PM.

The last sentence is misleading, they meant to call them privileges, not rights...
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Banned
    OC not allowed .... still commies !

One could have CCed anyways, right?

Do they serve alcohol there?
    Freedom is a bit like sex, when your getting it you take it for granted, when you're not you want it bad, other people get mad at you for having it and others want to take it away from you so only they have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix David View Post
    I didn't think Denny's did, but the sign has me thinking they might, in which case they would be correct, although it is an affirmative defense that the law doesn't apply to visitors from out of state, and I hold a NV ID. A couple of us OC'd at the Denny's on my way out of Phoenix last year, with no issues. I do not remember alcohol on the menu, but I can't say it wasn't there. On that same trip, though, we also OC'd at some restaurants that did serve alcohol, though since it wasn't Nevada, we didn't drink. No one cared then, either.

I see no mention [yet] of alcohol on their online menu: https://www.dennys.com/food/
    Last edited by MAC702; 12-07-2015 at 10:23 AM.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix David View Post
    Yes, they serve beer. Therefore, ARS 4-229 applies. They could ban altogether (as they used to), but now they choose to allow firearms and ask patrons to comply with state law.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AZkopper View Post
    Yes, they serve beer. --snipped--
    Must be a regional thing. Never seen beer on the menu or table in Virginia and they accept OC or CC - that makes for a grand slam
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

There is a Denny's in Lakewood Washington that actually has a full bar inside, or at least it did at one time. You could buy anything from beer to hard liquor.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/De...8d7320!6m1!1e1
    Armed and annoyingly well informed!

There are two constants when dealing with liberals:
    1) Liberals never quit until they are satisfied.
    2) Liberals are never satisfied.

Good to see them change. So many businesses appear to have a need for some kind gun sign. I like to see some kind of national campaign if they have a need for a sign to encourage them to post a sign that says only legally carried firearms allowed. This is telling the bad guy with the illegal a gun they are not invited and expect to find armed good guys inside. Never happen.

Never had a beer in Denny's however was in a McDonalds that had draft beer. I have heard of a Big Mac and a six-pack but a Big Mac and a few drafts was not bad either.
    Last edited by 28kfps; 12-08-2015 at 12:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grim_Night View Post
    There is a Denny's in Lakewood Washington that actually has a full bar inside, or at least it did at one time. You could buy anything from beer to hard liquor.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/De...8d7320!6m1!1e1
    I played darts in a Denny's bar (full bar, jukebox, etc) in Danville, CA for a few years.

Not only did this Denny's remove their anti-gun signage (which would be a victory in itself), they also put up a visible Pro-Second Amendment declaration!

That is nothing short of a complete repudiation of the Bloomberg political machine.

Hopefully Every Town, et all, will make the mistake of boycotting Denny's. That would only back-fire in my humble opinion . . . such a poorly conceived PR move would fail miserably and give this incident the national trend-setting attention it so justly deserves!
    Last edited by OC4me; 12-08-2015 at 06:03 PM.

Regular Member rightwinglibertarian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OC4me View Post
    Not only did this Denny's remove their anti-gun signage (which would be a victory in itself), they also put up a visible Pro-Second Amendment declaration!

That is nothing short of a complete repudiation of the Bloomberg political machine.

Hopefully Every Town, et all, will make the mistake of boycotting Denny's. That would only back-fire in my humble opinion . . . such a poorly conceived PR move would fail miserably and give this incident the national trend-setting attention it so justly deserves!
    They bar OC. Still boycott.
    "Which part of shall not be infringed is so difficult to understand"?

"Any and all restrictions on the bearing of arms in public places are nullified as per the Second Amendment"

Conservative Broadcast || Google Plus profile

Quote Originally Posted by rightwinglibertarian View Post
    They bar OC. Still boycott.
    If they serve alcohol, OC is against the law, and CCW permits are required for concealing in those locations, whereas not in the rest of the state. If they serve alcohol, their sign is reminding their patrons of the law, and asking that they follow it.

Indeed, the OP is saying their previous sign was against all guns, and now it appears they are seeing the light.
    Last edited by MAC702; 12-08-2015 at 10:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    If they serve alcohol, OC is against the law, and CCW permits are required for concealing in those locations, whereas not in the rest of the state. If they serve alcohol, their sign is reminding their patrons of the law, and asking that they follow it.

Indeed, the OP is saying their previous sign was against all guns, and now it appears they are seeing the light.
    ummmmm....

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed
    it would seem there is no law banning OC unless a private establishment chooses to

"Any and all restrictions on the bearing of arms in public places are nullified as per the Second Amendment"

...it would seem there is no law banning OC unless a private establishment chooses to
    The Constitution will have one in the right, of course, while he sits in jail enjoying his moral superiority and his three squares a day and hour of yard liberty.

Why bother having separate state forums here if we didn't have to live with the fact that every single state except Vermont has infringed in a different manner?

ummmmm....

it would seem there is no law banning OC unless a private establishment chooses to
    It is a state law. The establishment has no control over it. I find strange in a state that allows open carry and concealed carry of legal firearms without a permit to only allow concealed permitted firearms where alcohol is served.
    Last edited by 28kfps; 12-08-2015 at 11:33 PM.

The Constitution will have one in the right, of course, while he sits in jail enjoying his moral superiority and his three squares a day and hour of yard liberty.

Why bother having separate state forums here if we didn't have to live with the fact that every single state except Vermont has infringed in a different manner?

Well for that, i'd have to find out who drafted and approved the OCDO rules. :P

Quote Originally Posted by 28kfps View Post
    It is a state law. The establishment has no control over it. I find strange in a state that allows open carry and concealed carry of legal firearms without a permit to only allow concealed permitted firearms where alcohol is served.

Nope. The law does not exist. And no I have not been drinking, smoking or injecting anything. There is no law in the U.S which is unconstitutional.

The general misconception is that any statute passed by legislators bearing the appearance of law constitutes the law of the land. The Constitution of the United States is the supreme law of the land, and any statue, to be valid, must be in agreement. It is impossible for both the Constitution and a law violating it to be valid; one must prevail. This is succinctly stated as follows:

The general rule is that an unconstitutional statute, though having the form and name of law, is in reality no law, but is wholly void, and ineffective for any purpose; since unconstitutionality dates from the time of its enactment, and not merely from the date of the decision so branding it.

An unconstitutional law, in legal contemplation, is as inoperative as if it had never been passed. Such a statute leaves the question that it purports to settle just as it would be had the statute not been enacted.

Since an unconstitutional law is void, the general principals follow that it imposes no duties, confers no rights, creates no office, bestows no power or authority on anyone, affords no protection, and justifies no acts performed under it . . .

A void act cannot be legally consistent with a valid one.

An unconstitutional law cannot operate to supersede any existing valid law.

Indeed, insofar as a statute runs counter to the fundamental law of the land, it is superseded thereby
    . Sixteenth American Jurisprudence, Second Edition, Section 177. (late 2nd Ed. Section 256)

And there is zero point quoting rule 15 as you can't fight a law that does not exist and you cannot get it repealed.

Well, then I admit defeat. No need for me to be a paid expert on firearms laws, I guess. There aren't any.

Well, then I admit defeat. No need for me to be a paid expert on firearms laws, I guess. There aren't any.
    I'm quite sure you are an expert on infringements, which is more than I am. But that is all they are. Infringements that are worth less than the data on a hard drive they take up.

Suffice it to say that most of us care very much to know the details of these infringements as they are ipso facto keeping us out of jail.

I haven't been to a Denny's in years. My wife is 43 and never been to one in her life. Besides, I could make better pancakes --edited by mod--

Do they all serve beer now? If not, you're all welcome to come OC at my place... beer and pancakes on the menu!
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 12-09-2015 at 04:20 PM. Reason: Unacceptable reference

Quote Originally Posted by qednick View Post
    I haven't been to a Denny's in years. My wife is 43 and never been to one in her life. Besides, I could make better pancakes--edited by mod--

Do they all serve beer now? If not, you're all welcome to come OC at my place... beer and pancakes on the menu!
    hopefully not made with your -edited by mod--
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 12-09-2015 at 04:22 PM. Reason: enough please
    Armed and annoyingly well informed!

There are two constants when dealing with liberals:
    1) Liberals never quit until they are satisfied.
    2) Liberals are never satisfied.

Quote Originally Posted by Grim_Night View Post
    hopefully not made with your --edited by mod--
    --edited by mod--

Seriously though, I now try and give my money to smaller mom & pop type businesses whether it's a bank, tire shop, or a restaurant.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 12-09-2015 at 04:35 PM. Reason: Enough of the diversion, PLEASE

Well for that, i'd have to find out who drafted and approved the OCDO rules. :P

Nope. The law does not exist. And no I have not been drinking, smoking or injecting anything. There is no law in the U.S which is unconstitutional.

. Sixteenth American Jurisprudence, Second Edition, Section 177. (late 2nd Ed. Section 256)

And there is zero point quoting rule 15 as you can't fight a law that does not exist and you cannot get it repealed.
    For those in AZ they will arrest for carrying in any method other than Concealed with a permit in an establishment that severs alcohol.

Quote Originally Posted by 28kfps View Post
    For those in AZ they will arrest for carrying in any method other than Concealed with a permit in an establishment that severs alcohol.
    They can try. If you let them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast