• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Denny's Prescott Valley change of heart

AZkopper

The Denny's in Prescott Valley had a 'no firearms' sign for years. I haven't been in there for quite some time. This week I learned that they changed their tune.

They have a 6" x 12" laminated sign on their door, stating that they "Support your 2nd Amendment Rights" and asked patrons to follow AZ law when bringing firearms in to their restaurant (CCW, concealed, and no drinking alcohol).

Not sure what changed, I've been told by regular customers that the management is still the same. I'm also not sure if the sign is a reaction to the San Bernardino terrorist attack.

Attachments

• 12299272_1717857961777264_1737091790274330826_n.jpg
    12299272_1717857961777264_1737091790274330826_n.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 218
Last edited:

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
The last sentence is misleading, they meant to call them privileges, not rights...

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Do they serve alcohol there?

I didn't think Denny's did, but the sign has me thinking they might, in which case they would be correct, although it is an affirmative defense that the law doesn't apply to visitors from out of state, and I hold a NV ID. A couple of us OC'd at the Denny's on my way out of Phoenix last year, with no issues. I do not remember alcohol on the menu, but I can't say it wasn't there. On that same trip, though, we also OC'd at some restaurants that did serve alcohol, though since it wasn't Nevada, we didn't drink. No one cared then, either.

I see no mention [yet] of alcohol on their online menu: https://www.dennys.com/food/

Last edited:

28kfps

Good to see them change. So many businesses appear to have a need for some kind gun sign. I like to see some kind of national campaign if they have a need for a sign to encourage them to post a sign that says only legally carried firearms allowed. This is telling the bad guy with the illegal a gun they are not invited and expect to find armed good guys inside. Never happen.

Never had a beer in Denny's however was in a McDonalds that had draft beer. I have heard of a Big Mac and a six-pack but a Big Mac and a few drafts was not bad either.

Last edited:

OC4me

Not only did this Denny's remove their anti-gun signage (which would be a victory in itself), they also put up a visible Pro-Second Amendment declaration!

That is nothing short of a complete repudiation of the Bloomberg political machine.

Hopefully Every Town, et all, will make the mistake of boycotting Denny's. That would only back-fire in my humble opinion . . . such a poorly conceived PR move would fail miserably and give this incident the national trend-setting attention it so justly deserves!

Last edited:

rightwinglibertarian

Not only did this Denny's remove their anti-gun signage (which would be a victory in itself), they also put up a visible Pro-Second Amendment declaration!

That is nothing short of a complete repudiation of the Bloomberg political machine.

Hopefully Every Town, et all, will make the mistake of boycotting Denny's. That would only back-fire in my humble opinion . . . such a poorly conceived PR move would fail miserably and give this incident the national trend-setting attention it so justly deserves!

They bar OC. Still boycott.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
They bar OC. Still boycott.

If they serve alcohol, OC is against the law, and CCW permits are required for concealing in those locations, whereas not in the rest of the state. If they serve alcohol, their sign is reminding their patrons of the law, and asking that they follow it.

Indeed, the OP is saying their previous sign was against all guns, and now it appears they are seeing the light.

Last edited:

rightwinglibertarian

If they serve alcohol, OC is against the law, and CCW permits are required for concealing in those locations, whereas not in the rest of the state. If they serve alcohol, their sign is reminding their patrons of the law, and asking that they follow it.

Indeed, the OP is saying their previous sign was against all guns, and now it appears they are seeing the light.

ummmmm....

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed

it would seem there is no law banning OC unless a private establishment chooses to

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
...it would seem there is no law banning OC unless a private establishment chooses to

The Constitution will have one in the right, of course, while he sits in jail enjoying his moral superiority and his three squares a day and hour of yard liberty.

Why bother having separate state forums here if we didn't have to live with the fact that every single state except Vermont has infringed in a different manner?

28kfps

ummmmm....

it would seem there is no law banning OC unless a private establishment chooses to

It is a state law. The establishment has no control over it. I find strange in a state that allows open carry and concealed carry of legal firearms without a permit to only allow concealed permitted firearms where alcohol is served.

Last edited:

rightwinglibertarian

The Constitution will have one in the right, of course, while he sits in jail enjoying his moral superiority and his three squares a day and hour of yard liberty.

Why bother having separate state forums here if we didn't have to live with the fact that every single state except Vermont has infringed in a different manner?

Well for that, i'd have to find out who drafted and approved the OCDO rules. :p

It is a state law. The establishment has no control over it. I find strange in a state that allows open carry and concealed carry of legal firearms without a permit to only allow concealed permitted firearms where alcohol is served.

Nope. The law does not exist. And no I have not been drinking, smoking or injecting anything. There is no law in the U.S which is unconstitutional.

The general misconception is that any statute passed by legislators bearing the appearance of law constitutes the law of the land. The Constitution of the United States is the supreme law of the land, and any statue, to be valid, must be in agreement. It is impossible for both the Constitution and a law violating it to be valid; one must prevail. This is succinctly stated as follows:

The general rule is that an unconstitutional statute, though having the form and name of law, is in reality no law, but is wholly void, and ineffective for any purpose; since unconstitutionality dates from the time of its enactment, and not merely from the date of the decision so branding it.

An unconstitutional law, in legal contemplation, is as inoperative as if it had never been passed. Such a statute leaves the question that it purports to settle just as it would be had the statute not been enacted.

Since an unconstitutional law is void, the general principals follow that it imposes no duties, confers no rights, creates no office, bestows no power or authority on anyone, affords no protection, and justifies no acts performed under it . . .

A void act cannot be legally consistent with a valid one.

An unconstitutional law cannot operate to supersede any existing valid law.

Indeed, insofar as a statute runs counter to the fundamental law of the land, it is superseded thereby
. Sixteenth American Jurisprudence, Second Edition, Section 177. (late 2nd Ed. Section 256)

And there is zero point quoting rule 15 as you can't fight a law that does not exist and you cannot get it repealed.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Well, then I admit defeat. No need for me to be a paid expert on firearms laws, I guess. There aren't any.

rightwinglibertarian

Well, then I admit defeat. No need for me to be a paid expert on firearms laws, I guess. There aren't any.

I'm quite sure you are an expert on infringements, which is more than I am. But that is all they are. Infringements that are worth less than the data on a hard drive they take up.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Suffice it to say that most of us care very much to know the details of these infringements as they are ipso facto keeping us out of jail.