Thread: Brevard Co. Florida Sheriff Ivey: ‘Now is the time’ for citizens to arm themselves'

Brevard Co. Florida Sheriff Ivey: ‘Now is the time’ for citizens to arm themselves'

“The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun,” Brevard County Sheriff Wayne Ivey declared in a video posted Sunday on his department’s official Facebook page. “If you are a person who is legally licensed to carry a firearm, now is the time more than ever to realize that you and you alone may very well might be the first line of defense for you, your family, and others around you in a terrorist or active shooter scenario.”

The statements came just hours after President Obama addressed the nation from the Oval Office about terrorism and the need for stricter gun control.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...-time-for-cit/
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Unfortunately sheriff Ivey is one of a few decent sheriffs in this anti gun pro-nanny state, state. The sheriff in my county, Alachua, would rather see you dead than armed anywhere. She is a true POS and is currently fighting the reform to 790.053 which is the statute banning open carry and deterrence of criminal attack.
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

Brevard Co. Florida Sheriff Ivey: ‘Now is the time’ for citizens to arm thems...

Quote Originally Posted by 77zach View Post
    Unfortunately sheriff Ivey is one of a few decent sheriffs in this anti gun pro-nanny state, state. The sheriff in my county, Alachua, would rather see you dead than armed anywhere. She is a true POS and is currently fighting the reform to 790.053 which is the statute banning open carry and deterrence of criminal attack.
    What's interesting is she made her name off of the Danny Rolling case back in the 90's. If anyone should understand the need for the self defense it would be her. She is an idiot through and through. When I bought my first can I was a g'ville resident and she wouldn't sign. She said she would sign for MG's but not cans. "No one needs a can." I went trust route and never looked back.
    Last edited by sniper1; 12-10-2015 at 01:37 AM.

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    “The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun,” Brevard County Sheriff Wayne Ivey declared in a video posted Sunday on his department’s official Facebook page. “If you are a person who is legally licensed to carry a firearm, now is the time more than ever to realize that you and you alone may very well might be the first line of defense for you, your family, and others around you in a terrorist or active shooter scenario.”

The statements came just hours after President Obama addressed the nation from the Oval Office about terrorism and the need for stricter gun control.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...-time-for-cit/
    Well, there went Sheriff Ivey's access to all those Defense Dept goodies being handed out to law enforcement--armored vehicles, etc.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Quote Originally Posted by 77zach View Post
    I remember the billboards she put up implying that gun possession was a crime and that any information about somebody owning a gun would result in a $1,000 reward. Great way to make a list of the people you hate and want to kill...
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

https://gunthreadadapters.com

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

Quote Originally Posted by ixtow View Post
    I remember the billboards she put up implying that gun possession was a crime and that any information about somebody owning a gun would result in a $1,000 reward. Great way to make a list of the people you hate and want to kill...
    Ivey or Darnell?

Quote Originally Posted by bc.cruiser View Post
    Ivey or Darnell?
    Darnell.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ixtow View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sign.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	40.4 KB 
ID:	12892

Santa knows who is naughty or nice...