• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Milwaukee taxi driver shot

utbagpiper

Banned
Another dangerous business. I would include Uber too. Why don't the drivers carry a defensive weapon blows my mind!

I can think of three reasons why someone doesn't carry a defensive item with them.

1-It is illegal to do so.

2-It is against their employment policies and can result in their termination with loss of income.

3-They are sheep who think they won't ever need it, are afraid of guns, or some other personal issue.

I don't understand #3 at all.

#1 and #2 are easy to understand. We've all got to eat and pay other bills and there are relatively few employers who don't ban guns for their employees. A small number with bans may look the other way. But for many, getting caught with a gun on the job is to likely lose that job.

Charles

HPmatt

Maybe part of that no-gun policy includes life insurance for the mourners, and say workers comp?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
I sure do wish these cities would start posting signs to tell people that it's illegal to shoot taxi drivers.

Yetiman

You mean they didn't have a gun buster sign on the door to keep criminals out? How do they expect to stay safe?

Law abider

Yes, and contractually prohibited from being armed. But they have to catch you with it to hold you in breach of contract for it.

Taxi/Uber employees have to go through some king of a criminal/background checks before they are hired. I have a hard time with general drug tests using urine or blood or other body fluids because they are not sensitive enough to pick up any minute(pico moles) traces of drugs etc... and people try to cheat the system. However criminal and background checks are suffice for us to buy a gun, and I am sure the said companies use them too, they should be good enough to allow employees to carry firearms. On the flip side is the liability. We do have CCL holders who may not be there yet in proper use of a handgun. There was a story of a Uber driver who was beaten up/ roughed up by an educated customer, a CEO? Carry a gun in dangerous profession!

solus

Taxi/Uber employees have to go through some king of a criminal/background checks before they are hired. I have a hard time with general drug tests using urine or blood or other body fluids because they are not sensitive enough to pick up any minute(pico moles) traces of drugs etc... and people try to cheat the system. However criminal and background checks are suffice for us to buy a gun, and I am sure the said companies use them too, they should be good enough to allow employees to carry firearms. On the flip side is the liability. We do have CCL holders who may not be there yet in proper use of a handgun. There was a story of a Uber driver who was beaten up/ roughed up by an educated customer, a CEO? Carry a gun in dangerous profession!

Taco Bell senior marketing wheel and TB fired their arse.

ipse