Thread: Business Owner Goes BALLISTIC as Guy OC's Past His Shop!! (video)

Business Owner Goes BALLISTIC as Guy OC's Past His Shop!! (video)

The real question is what this guy would have done had the police not been there to defend him? As it turns out the business owner wouldn't let this Open Carrier pass so the OC'er called the cops. This video is shot once the police arrived.

A thin calm respectful 25 year old white guy is trying to walk past a black owned business while on the public sidewalk. The larger athletic black owner comes out and UNLOADS on the guy and the police because the guy is carrying. Apparently this is a regular event for the OC guy. He's well armed.

This is the perfect example of why we call guns The Great Equalizer. My take is that this black guy can't stand the thought of a frail white guy who can put him on the sidewalk with virtually no effort, and do it LEGALLY if the need presents itself. Apparently he prefers to be a thug and this OC'er has that covered. There are obvious rants about 'white privilege' implied here.

He tries to make it about race and kudos to the white guy for being non-reactive. In reading the comments it seems that this is in Akron, Ohio and this barber shop is in a predominately white area across from the University of Akron.

In reading the followup posts, the two of them got together the next day in front of a news crew and the biz owner claimed he was concerned about ISIS.

SMH.

This is a Facebook post so I can't do a direct YouTube link.

https://www.facebook.com/KangarooKut...28684/?fref=nf

Here's a link to the followup interview done by a local news crew.

http://www.newsnet5.com/news/local-n...afety-concerns
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 12-09-2015 at 05:56 AM. Reason: Removed reference to race/color in thread title.
    Check out our www.GoodGuyZone.org (Website-More to See) or Good Guys Carry Guns (Facebook) film project info pages for an important 2nd Amendment project we're developing!

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Some people just don't get it that it is not the gun that causes problems. It is the action(s) of the person. The barber doesn't seem to understand this distinction and harms his case greatly by suggesting that they go hands on to resolve and by cursing + generally abusive conduct. The barber would seem to be the one out of control and therefore potentially more dangerous.

How often (never?) does a BG go for a public walk with his gun(s) very visible when his goal is to create bloodshed? Typically BGs hide their gun(s) until the last moment when their true intention is revealed.

Maybe people like this barber should fear those people who don't OC, who don't let you know that they are carrying - their agenda is hidden/unknown until.............

I also think the barber may have broken several laws by physically impeding the progress of the young man on a public sidewalk and by suggesting physical combat. No cite(s) given.

It is my opinion (called decision) that the race identifiers in the title have no benefit other than as a distraction and tend to be inflammatory. Will be removing such direct reference to race.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 12-09-2015 at 05:53 AM. Reason: added
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

OC Akron man confronted by business owner over safety concerns. A win! VIDEO

Akron police responded to a conflict between an Akron man exercising to his right to openly carry a rifle and pistol and a business owner who told newsnet5.com that he feared for his safety and the safety of others. newsnet5.com obtained footage of the original conflict between Daniel Kovacevic and Kangaroo Kutz Barbershop owner Deone Slater.
    [ ... ]
    Kovacevic called police and a spokesman told newsnet5.com that officers responded to the call and educated the business owner about the open carry law in Ohio. National Security Expert Tim Dimoff told newsnet5.com that Ohio is one of 31 states in the country with an open carry law.

http://www.newsnet5.com/news/local-n...afety-concerns

http://www.cleveland.com/akron/index...er_confro.html

http://www.ohio.com/news/break-news/...ction-1.645252

Other outlets are playing the race card.
    Last edited by Nightmare; 12-09-2015 at 06:47 AM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

... a business owner who told newsnet5.com that he feared for his safety ...
    Liar liar pants on fire! Actions, not words.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Liar liar pants on fire! Actions, not words.
    Yes. A wise man confronts the icky armed guy?

Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    Slater told newsnet5.com the sight made him fear for his safety and for the safety of University of Akron students across the street.
    "I told him to take his guns off," Slater said. "I told him let me have five or 10 minutes with him without his weapons."
    Some how this doesn't add-up.....

Stylin' for the camera.

I worked in a racially diverse and egalitarian facility. A boss asked a peer why he drove his car from the middle, leaning far to the right? "To bug you crackers."

Banned
    I see a new supreme court justice there !