Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mom's Demand Action Wear Orange Walk this Saturday 12th

Mom's Demand Action Wear Orange Walk this Saturday 12th

https://www.facebook.com/events/978917595508380/

So the silly group is going to be doing another event to promote more gun violence (most of their members just don't realize it yet). The latest "thing" they're trying is to wear bright orange clothing ("the color that hunters wear") to raise awareness for gun violence. They'll start at St. Andrew's Episcopal Church but don't know which direction they'll walk to. I thought the notion of wearing orange was interesting, as I have a nice orange NRA hat. You think that's the kind of thing they mean? Because I wear it on campus and have been for a while now.

If they were here, they might be mistaken for escapees from the county jail. Hmmmm....

I would recommend marching with them. A few years ago the momagainsteverything partnered with a seattle group for an anti-gun rally. We all went armed of course and joined the parade thru the city. After about ten steps we rolled out an eight foot OCDO banner. Bunches of women fell in right behind us. It was great.

Attachment 12887
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie View Post
    I would recommend marching with them. A few years ago the momagainsteverything partnered with a seattle group for an anti-gun rally. We all went armed of course and joined the parade thru the city. After about ten steps we rolled out an eight foot OCDO banner. Bunches of women fell in right behind us. It was great.

Attachment 12887
    Awesome

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie View Post

Attachment 12887
    Awesome ... you have a permit for that banner? Where's your first amendment permit ! You took classes right? You could poke someone's eye out with that dangerous banner.

Anyone planning on going?

Sent from my C6530N using Tapatalk

Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    The facebook page shows 19 going. That usually means 2 will show-up.

If 10 or so show-up wearing orange and packing heat you will confuse them to no end......

And get some positive press. You know there will be reporters. To be sure, why not invite a few.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by color of law View Post

If 10 or so show-up wearing orange and packing heat you will confuse them to no end......
    Probably why NC won't let us OC at parades. There is a way: Get your sheriff or police chief to issue a permit to do so. Good luck with that.

http://www.ncga.state.nc.us/EnactedL..._14-277.2.html

Quote Originally Posted by bc.cruiser View Post
    Probably why NC won't let us OC at parades. snipp...

BC, et al., here is why NC put in those provisions in their Statutes:

The Greensboro massacre occurred on November 3, 1979 in Greensboro, North Carolina, United States. Five protest marchers were shot and killed by members of the Ku Klux Klan and the American Nazi Party at a rally organized by communists intended to demonstrate radical, even violent, opposition to the Klan.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greensboro_massacre

w/video which is quite disturbing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BV07Z5C2kHg
    ipse
    Last edited by solus; 12-09-2015 at 09:03 PM.
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

I might go. Don't know yet. Still trying to think if I can accomplish anything useful, and if so, what/how. Definitely don't have any props to help. Maybe my dashing good looks and bright hat will be enough to get some conversations going. now to figure out how to OC if it is cold...

Need some back-up

I'm planning on going to this event and recording it. Anyone want to meet me there? I could use some back-up. I don't like to attend these kind of events without someone else there, just in case. If you are interested in going, please send me and email at onthemoveshow@gmail.com or message me on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/MackWorleyIII.

Quote Originally Posted by iMack View Post
    I'm planning on going to this event and recording it. Anyone want to meet me there? I could use some back-up. I don't like to attend these kind of events without someone else there, just in case. If you are interested in going, please send me and email at onthemoveshow@gmail.com or message me on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/MackWorleyIII.
    You're coming from Washington state to attend?

That's real commitment!

Quote Originally Posted by poetdante View Post
    ...Definitely don't have any props to help...
    OC a longarm then!

Quote Originally Posted by poetdante View Post
    now to figure out how to OC if it is cold...
    These days I use the "Virginia tuck".

out numbered

About 120 of them to 3 of us! Had fun standing with My ARw/40rd mag and Beretta with 30rd mag.
    Did paper and tv interviews I know I need more work. Most looked like they had marched in the peace marches in the 60's The one woman invited us to join them nice lady.

I know it was short warning but we should of had more people there.

Mike

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by color of law View Post

Quote Originally Posted by ps1mhd View Post
    About 120 of them to 3 of us! Had fun standing with My ARw/40rd mag and Beretta with 30rd mag.
    Did paper and tv interviews I know I need more work. Most looked like they had marched in the peace marches in the 60's The one woman invited us to join them nice lady.

Mike
    Would seem that they were better organized/prepared/motivated - they put boots on the ground.

Please link any media responses.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Armed onlookers don't deter gun violence walk

Participants walked from St. Andrews church in the Highlands neighborhood to a busy Douglass Loop intersection, holding signs and waving as cars honked in support. They ignored three counter-demonstrators, who included Mike Dalton, of Sparta, Ky. He stood across the street from the church with an AR-15 rifle and a handgun strapped to his leg, then shadowed marchers to the intersection.

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/d55a...4-IMG-1750.JPG

http://www.courier-journal.com/story...walk/77155162/

Of the images provided here, I counted at most 40 people. I think the text said less than 150, "nearly 150."
    Last edited by Nightmare; 12-12-2015 at 03:36 PM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Distortions/misreputations = lies, and lies repeated often enough........

"According to the Brady Campaign, 31 Americans are murdered with guns every day and 151 are treated for a gun assault in an emergency rooms. It also notes that a gun in the home is 22 times more likely to be used to kill or injure in a domestic homicide, suicide or unintentional shooting than to be used in self-defense."
    http://www.courier-journal.com/story...walk/77155162/
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

I believe that the point of the event and article was to parrot the big lie once again.

"Oohh, look Martha, there's your picture in the paper!"

"They got my bad side, don't you think it makes me look fat - my head?"

There is a comment there at the Courier Journal, but it is a deFaced-book widget blocked by my Adblock Plus.
    Last edited by Nightmare; 12-12-2015 at 03:47 PM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Mike
    I had thought about coming down, but it seems like only one person said they were going, so I didn't bother.

quote: Just in case the lady and gentleman who traveled from Cincinnati for today for our event see's this post. There is an event in your area tomorrow. Tomorrow 3-5 Building Value
    4040 Spring Grove Ave
    Cincinnati, OH 45223-2640

unquote

ipse

from the fotos being shown on the FB page...there were nowhere near 120-150 ppl in attendance...
    Last edited by solus; 12-12-2015 at 04:56 PM.
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post

quote: Just in case the lady and gentleman who traveled from Cincinnati for today for our event see's this post. There is an event in your area tomorrow. Tomorrow 3-5 Building Value
    4040 Spring Grove Ave
    Cincinnati, OH 45223-2640

unquote

ipse

from the fotos being shown on the FB page...there were nowhere near 120-150 ppl in attendance...
    I did a count as they were walking had got 120

Mike

I did a count as they were walking had got 120

Mike
    Wow.

Given more notice I think our side could have turned out a number of people - though 120 people is about 50 more than any event I've organized. And, no offense meant, but in my experience Kentuckians aren't as strident as those in various other states.

EDITED to add:

I painted with too broad a brush in my original statement, and because of that I retract it. Although I didn't want to bash with my comments, I think my comments could be reasonably interpreted as doing so.

There is much more nuance and detail to my thoughts, and I did a disservice to everyone, including myself, by being overly broad, and I apologize.

Specific to the event which is the subject of this thread, I think the big reason there was low participation is that interested people didn't make firm their intention to attend, driving down "our" turnout. Because of the distance involved, that was the reason that I didn't attend.

So, rather than us picking on one another for various things, I'd like to suggest that in the future, potential attendees speak up sooner, and more firmly, than later.
    Last edited by BB62; 12-13-2015 at 11:40 PM. Reason: clarification/correction

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast