• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Mom's Demand Action Wear Orange Walk this Saturday 12th

solus

https://www.facebook.com/events/978917595508380/

quote: Just in case the lady and gentleman who traveled from Cincinnati for today for our event see's this post. There is an event in your area tomorrow. Tomorrow 3-5 Building Value
4040 Spring Grove Ave
Cincinnati, OH 45223-2640

unquote

ipse

from the fotos being shown on the FB page...there were nowhere near 120-150 ppl in attendance...

Last edited:

ps1mhd

quote: Just in case the lady and gentleman who traveled from Cincinnati for today for our event see's this post. There is an event in your area tomorrow. Tomorrow 3-5 Building Value
4040 Spring Grove Ave

unquote

ipse

from the fotos being shown on the FB page...there were nowhere near 120-150 ppl in attendance...
I did a count as they were walking had got 120

Mike

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
I did a count as they were walking had got 120

Mike
Wow.

Given more notice I think our side could have turned out a number of people - though 120 people is about 50 more than any event I've organized. And, no offense meant, but in my experience Kentuckians aren't as strident as those in various other states.

EDITED to add:

I painted with too broad a brush in my original statement, and because of that I retract it. Although I didn't want to bash with my comments, I think my comments could be reasonably interpreted as doing so.

There is much more nuance and detail to my thoughts, and I did a disservice to everyone, including myself, by being overly broad, and I apologize.

Specific to the event which is the subject of this thread, I think the big reason there was low participation is that interested people didn't make firm their intention to attend, driving down "our" turnout. Because of the distance involved, that was the reason that I didn't attend.

So, rather than us picking on one another for various things, I'd like to suggest that in the future, potential attendees speak up sooner, and more firmly, than later.

Last edited:

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
Most grassroots anti-gunners don't really care. They don't have any skin in the game, and at some level they must know it.

It's all just social posturing, along with 99.9% of "political" positions held by everybody. Right now, it's really trendy, so there's a lot of it going on. Something else will be trendy next month, however.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate

4040 Spring Grove Ave

unquote

ipse

Need more info...

Where did this come from???????

DrakeZ07

Wow.

Given more notice I think our side could have turned out a number of people - though 120 people is about 50 more than any event I've organized. And, no offense meant, but in my experience Kentuckians aren't as strident as those in various other states.

Because Kentuckians enjoy some of the best gun rights and freedoms, than any other state in the Union, and we're pretty secure in our rights of guns, that, at-least speaking in my opinion, theres no real need to march and demonstrate, to counter some soccer mom ****s in orange shirts. They'd have an incredibly, nigh-impossible, up-mountain battle to get any changes done to restrict Kentuckian's gun rights and freedoms.

Besides, I do the yearly 10$ donation to the relevant gun-rights groups, so I don't have to get and do any walking.

Last edited by a moderator:

poetdante

I am sure anti-gunners thought that way in the 90s after the Brady stuff and many a pro-gun folk have lost ground too. All it takes for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing.

solus

apparently the ladies in orange were busy across the US as our news media reported demonstrations in several NC cities this weekend.

shame there was no apparatus to notify anybody the group was going to be active in the Tarheel state??

ipse

poetdante

I brought it up to peoples' attention. Also, no indication of anyone going nor what I could do. Gutshot had the right idea. And that line was a generality about how some people feel we do not need to constantly defend our rights just because we had a few victories and some politicians are with us

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
Wow.

EDIT to my post #26 (quoted above):

I painted with too broad a brush in my original statement, and because of that I retract it. Although I didn't want to bash with my comments, I think my comments could be reasonably interpreted as doing so.

There is much more nuance and detail to my thoughts, and I did a disservice to everyone, including myself, by being overly broad, and I apologize.

Specific to the event which is the subject of this thread, I think the big reason there was low participation is that interested people didn't make firm their intention to attend, driving down "our" turnout. Because of the distance involved, that was the reason that I didn't attend.

So, rather than us picking on one another for various things, I'd like to suggest that in the future, potential attendees speak up sooner, and more firmly, than later.

solus

EDIT to my post #26 (quoted above):

a point...the original orange posting was on FB created o/a 3 dec...a full 6 days before Poet took the initiative to post it out here on the 9th. very few i know can adjust their schedules, especially around the holidays, that quickly to respond.

remember, NOBODY within the NC firearm community, (GRNC or NCGO) mentioned on their sites nor did anybody take the initiative to say a word on this venue about the MULTIPLE city demonstrations being held in this state last week, so apparently the marchers walked unfettered!!

tough to rally when nobody wishes to communicate even among ourselves...sigh

ipse

addendum...hearty thanks to Poet for at least taking the initiative to say something!! take next week off from your studies.

Last edited:

nonameisgood

Sometimes doing nothing makes the event a non-event. Sometimes doing anything publicizes what would have been overlooked or marginalized.

Maybe we should hold simultaneous "gun owners against gun violence" marches, too. As someone here said, the cause has many shared objectives, in this case, to call attention to the unlawful use of guns. Most folks can agree that we don't like people shooting others except for those times it is (legal and) necessary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

poetdante

a point...the original orange posting was on FB created o/a 3 dec...a full 6 days before Poet took the initiative to post it out here on the 9th. very few i know can adjust their schedules, especially around the holidays, that quickly to respond.

remember, NOBODY within the NC firearm community, (GRNC or NCGO) mentioned on their sites nor did anybody take the initiative to say a word on this venue about the MULTIPLE city demonstrations being held in this state last week, so apparently the marchers walked unfettered!!

tough to rally when nobody wishes to communicate even among ourselves...sigh

ipse

addendum...hearty thanks to Poet for at least taking the initiative to say something!! take next week off from your studies.

I posted it as soon as I saw it. Every now and then I check the anti-gunner pages to see what they might have planned in my area. Unfortunately I did not think I could accomplish anything and that my actions might have made things worse so I intentionally sat it out. Not making any excuses, I feel bad for not being there when it was a few miles down the road from me.

There is some talk about their group doing something for the NRA convention in Louisville. I plan on being there talking to people. It's how I get most people I meet to come to the light-side (yes Star Wars reference given the upcoming movie, I'm a nerd).

Last edited: