• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Fake gun attack...really?

solus

Two Texas gun-rights groups will be holding a "mock mass shooting" at the University of Texas in Austin on Saturday in an effort to put an end to gun-free zones in the state, the Austin American-Statesman reports.

http://www.newser.com/story/217294/gun-rights-groups-holding-fake-mass-shooting-at-ut.html

i am aghast the good olde boys of Texas' gun groups who had such a success with the long gun carry are even contemplating such a stupid exercise in the wake of SB shooting...

truly unbelievable, to the point of fake blood...

ipse

PS: quote: Prior to the demonstration, members will take their actual guns for a walk through Austin. unquote.

Last edited:

willy1094

Starting next year, people will be allowed to bring loaded guns into University of Texas dorms and classrooms.

I'm confused. If the above quote it true, why are they doing this? I may have misread something.

Last edited:

jegoodin

This has stupid written all over it...

Two Texas gun-rights groups will be holding a "mock mass shooting" at the University of Texas in Austin on Saturday in an effort to put an end to gun-free zones in the state, the Austin American-Statesman reports.

http://www.newser.com/story/217294/gun-rights-groups-holding-fake-mass-shooting-at-ut.html

i am aghast the good olde boys of Texas' gun groups who had such a success with the long gun carry are even contemplating such a stupid exercise in the wake of SB shooting...

truly unbelievable, to the point of fake blood...

ipse

PS: quote: Prior to the demonstration, members will take their actual guns for a walk through Austin. unquote.

Ezek

I'm trying to figure out what SB has to do with this... that was middle eastern terrorists, and a government facility. not a school public facility.

our schools integrated a mock "mass shooting/School Shooting" shelter in place exercise.. which I DON'T agree with, if the door is locked and you can get out the windows safely.. DO IT.. if you got a teacher in their, the kids need to hide and the teacher needs to be by the door with a chair or blunt object and ready to bash a skull in, this shelter in place crap is pure crap... also if the shooter is on one end of the school, clear out the other end, have the students take the exits and run, and KEEP running until the school is barely visible, and then wait for flashing lights and sirens..

not for the national average of 11 minutes for a priority 1 response. while staying in 1 spot and being a good static victim.. which is a good way to wind up dead...

solus

I'm trying to figure out what SB has to do with this... that was middle eastern terrorists, and a government facility. not a school public facility.

our schools integrated a mock "mass shooting/School Shooting" shelter in place exercise.. which I DON'T agree with, if the door is locked and you can get out the windows safely.. DO IT.. if you got a teacher in their, the kids need to hide and the teacher needs to be by the door with a chair or blunt object and ready to bash a skull in, this shelter in place crap is pure crap... also if the shooter is on one end of the school, clear out the other end, have the students take the exits and run, and KEEP running until the school is barely visible, and then wait for flashing lights and sirens..

not for the national average of 11 minutes for a priority 1 response. while staying in 1 spot and being a good static victim.. which is a good way to wind up dead...

believing the main stream hype i see...

ipse

Ezek

well, there is the entering the country through Chicago.. the names suggest middle eastern.

and the act was terrorism.. so I don't feel too far off base..

solus

stereotypical rhetoric rants... and those names that suggest Irish descent...provisional resurgent of the IRA members?

please, critically look at the straws those who are examining the fetal matter and farts of those murders who perpetrated the crime and how those examining are trying so very very hard to pull those fetal matter to make it fit their cause de celebre so the US of A can look at Paris and say 'lookie ~ lookie, us too'!!

remember, Bush monarchy (both ) pushed their WMD lies to get us to enter into one of the worse conflicts of recent times than the lies spread aimed at stopping the spread of communism in Vietnam.

ipse

Ezek

stereotypical rhetoric rants... and those names that suggest Irish descent...provisional resurgent of the IRA members?

please, critically look at the straws those who are examining the fetal matter and farts of those murders who perpetrated the crime and how those examining are trying so very very hard to pull those fetal matter to make it fit their cause de celebre so the US of A can look at Paris and say 'lookie ~ lookie, us too'!!

remember, Bush monarchy (both ) pushed their WMD lies to get us to enter into one of the worse conflicts of recent times than the lies spread aimed at stopping the spread of communism in Vietnam.

ipse

I think your overly concerned with the fluff rather than the baseline.

fluff is origin, baseline is act.

baseline is terrorism.

fluff is perps origin.

and yes the media is doing a good job to make it fit the bill, finding photos of women in facial coverings that look like one of the shooters. very busy indeed.

either way, the FBI has admitted they cannot vet Syrian refugees because the systems are not in place to do so. we do not know who is coming in as a refugee.

ISIS has been caught saying they can cross our piss poor controlled border with ease, and probably have. san bernadino is next to the border. IF they did have ISIS ties i'm sure the acquisition of arms wasn't that hard.

either way, they committed an act of terrorism. if it furthers the purpose of reducing the influx of refugees, then I am on it's side. we are overtaxed on resources as it is, and do not need MORE people on a government dole.

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
...Even students for concealed carry has denounced this thing.
So????

You mean the SCCC group that "doesn't take a position on OC"?

I've had plenty of experience with one SCCC rep in Ohio, and to only say he/the group speaks out of both sides of their mouth is being generous.

davidmcbeth

Banned
I don't think that the shooting that occurred was an act of terrorism. Or, at least, I have not seen evidence of it being terrorism.

Terrorism must have the prerequisite requirement of trying to effect a change.

I have not seen anything that even resembles a demand for a change in political policy or something of that nature.

People who want to use violence to effect change usually pronounce the changes that they desire pretty loud.

No, instead it looks like just a act of violence in response to getting pissed off at a party..likely due to some insult that they thought rationalized their shooting rampage.

The gov't loves to call things that happen as acts of terrorism...it gives them reason to act.

Not every killing is an act of terrorism.

Ezek

I don't think that the shooting that occurred was an act of terrorism. Or, at least, I have not seen evidence of it being terrorism.

Terrorism must have the prerequisite requirement of trying to effect a change.

I have not seen anything that even resembles a demand for a change in political policy or something of that nature.

People who want to use violence to effect change usually pronounce the changes that they desire pretty loud.

No, instead it looks like just a act of violence in response to getting pissed off at a party..likely due to some insult that they thought rationalized their shooting rampage.

The gov't loves to call things that happen as acts of terrorism...it gives them reason to act.

Not every killing is an act of terrorism.

ok.. i'll concede that point.. but if it was me being shot at I would feel terrified, therefore terrorized, therefore terrorism.. in the more basic terms of definition.

however yes, religious murder/terrorism is usually filmed, or a claim is made prior to the massacre.

of course the middle east crackpots sometimes just film murder to f8ilm murder and use it is a means to proclaim they hold power.

SB may have been a means to declare that a "cell" or "cells" are here and this is just the beginning. or it was a loony bin couple. can only presume at this point as our investigative departments and the actual true documented findings will probably never see the light of day on a news outlet.

solus

thanks david...

ezek...let the chaff continue to fly but remember to not believe all that is portrayed in secret and behind closed doors...

ipse

HPmatt

I assume (yes I know) they are just highlighting the kerfuffle that the UT Preezy and prof said they wouldn't allow CC in 'their' classroom, despite the new law allowing it next Fall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HPmatt

Don't know how the SCOTUS affirmative action case will go, but looks like students w/b able to CC in their classrooms.

http://collegeinsurrection.com/2015...recommends-allowing-concealed-carry-in-class/

Law Prof Steven Goode sure looked like he swallowed a crow, that in order to comply with the new law in August16 UT would have to allow classroom CC (to avoid fines and the Texas AG hammering UT). Said the panel reached out to schools in 17 other states where carry was allowed on campus, so like the Law School Prof he was, the responses must have been okay and not what the study group was looking for because he really didn't say what the 10 schools said.

HeHe - hook'em.

Last edited:

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
Don't know how the SCOTUS affirmative action case will go, but looks like students w/b able to CC in their classrooms.

http://collegeinsurrection.com/2015...recommends-allowing-concealed-carry-in-class/

Law Prof Steven Goode sure looked like he swallowed a crow, that in order to comply with the new law in August16 UT would have to allow classroom CC (to avoid fines and the Texas AG hammering UT). Said the panel reached out to schools in 17 other states where carry was allowed on campus, so like the Law School Prof he was, the responses must have been okay and not what the study group was looking for because he really didn't say what the 10 schools said.

HeHe - hook'em.
Exactly.

Mr. Goode said: (paraphrasing) "We spoke to 10 other schools, most of which have laws that don't give colleges nearly the leeway that Texas law allows us to have."

Mr. Goode didn't go on to say: "And to be intellectually honest, even with that being the case, NONE of the terrible, overwrought, hand-wringing, death-precipitating consequences that EVERY ONE on the panel, and LOTS of people who shared their fears with us; NONE of those fears have been realized at those other schools. I guess we should really re-calibrate..."

Ezek

thanks david...

ezek...let the chaff continue to fly but remember to not believe all that is portrayed in secret and behind closed doors...

ipse

Frankly, it is hard to know what to believe in reference to what is going on anymore.

the ramp up in media for demonizing guns, and the publication of encounters relating to multiple deaths from firearms leaves one wondering.

How many of these are red flag events? how many are patsies to push an agenda? if none of them are then the media and centralized fed is capitalizing on the moments to an endless degree to revoke a RIGHT, making the deaths a mockery for political gain.

either way, I also find it ironic they claim a need for more gun legislation when this happened in California of all places. the place that has practically EVERY piece of legislation the loony toon anti's want.

solus

Frankly, it is hard to know what to believe in reference to what is going on anymore.

the ramp up in media for demonizing guns, and the publication of encounters relating to multiple deaths from firearms leaves one wondering.

How many of these are red flag events? how many are patsies to push an agenda? if none of them are then the media and centralized fed is capitalizing on the moments to an endless degree to revoke a RIGHT, making the deaths a mockery for political gain.

either way, I also find it ironic they claim a need for more gun legislation when this happened in California of all places. the place that has practically EVERY piece of legislation the loony toon anti's want.

when the San B event was going down there were rants of the huge amount of ammo, firearms, etc., and the cost; how could these two have afforded it ~ therefore, with minimal leap of faith those announcing the event stated, w/o hesitation, they must be 'state' sponsored... and then the FBI popped off about the $28K deposit...'proved' their hypothesis.

NBC news announced today: quote: Materials to make more than 20 pipe bombs cost about $950. Firearms and ammunition used in the attack cost less than $3,000. Finally, renting an SUV like the one the couple used—and ultimately died in during a gun battle with police—would come to about $440. ... less than $5,000.... unquote.

http://www.newser.com/story/217470/the-cost-of-terror-in-san-bernardino-just-45k.html

things can be made to fit into that square hole with enough hyperbole or imagination...

ipse

HPmatt

I don't think it is getting confusing. We know the facts and those - in the media - that don't know/tell the truth - we know what side they are on. This brings focus on those who are against our Constitution.

Look at Trey Gowdy school this cute gungrabber - Ms. Burriesci of the Department of Homeland Security - to the woodshed about the No Fly List and how the Preezy has tried to use it to steal our Unalienable 2A rights.

http://legalinsurrection.com/2015/12/trey-gowdy-grills-dhs-official-on-due-process/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: