• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Rent a gun

Dave1776

Hi All

Have been over the last year or so been trying to change my wife's view of guns and think I am slowly getting there.

Also this is more for me as she has no personal interesting in learning to shoot (At least not at present future who knows) but for now this is for me to mainly be able to relearn how to properly shoot and to also test out some weapons so I know better what might fit both my wallet and my likes and dislikes regarding different weapons both short and long.

I mentioned to her tonight about going out to the range me personally.

So what I was wondering is does anyone know if there is a range in the Seattle vicinity that also has guns on hand that shooters can borrow/rent for shooting purposes at the range?

Specifically handguns and some rifle options.

Thanks
Dave

Last edited:

solus

Dave, have you thought about scheduling BOTH of you in a NRA basic pistol & rifle classes so your partner can 'learn' about firearms with other newbies in an unemotional and unbiased environment?

they might enjoy the experience in lieu of...come on babe... you' goin to the range to shoot the 'judge' to see if ya like it!

ipse

golddigger14s

Activist Member
We have a women's only gun class at the Lacey Cabelas also. Morning in the classroom, and afternoon at the range at Evergreen Sportsman Club.

davidmcbeth

Banned
She really does not need to take any classes ~ I would assume that the OP would be in direct contact with her at the range.

I've never had a newbie who I took to a range take any classes. I give a short set of instructions on how the firearm operates and load the gun for them initially- and I am right there during the time period.

Why take a class that will not be specific to the gun being used?

Believe it or not, most people have brain cells.

Dave1776

Hi

Thanks for the replies. :)

This is mainly for me as I know she isn't interested being Japanese and growing up in Japan she has this sort of no gun type beliefs as she grow up in the era following WW2 where weapons were outlawed and such. So it's just how she is but I have been leaving guns and ammo magazine around a lot and talking to her as much as possible and think she is slowly becoming OK with the idea that I might get a gun of some sort in the near future.

So basically I am looking to relearn weapons and such as last time I shot was in the late 80s when I was in the military so want to relearn shooting as well as be able to test out some handguns and rifles to get a better idea what I would like when I do get one.

Are there any ranges closer to Seattle as Federal Way is a bit of a drive from Seattle with traffic and all was hoping for something little closer to home.

Dave

Last edited:

SigGuy23

Activist Member
Hi

Thanks for the replies. :)

This is mainly for me as I know she isn't interested being Japanese and growing up in Japan she has this sort of no gun type beliefs as she grow up in the era following WW2 where weapons were outlawed and such. So it's just how she is but I have been leaving guns and ammo magazine around a lot and talking to her as much as possible and think she is slowly becoming OK with the idea that I might get a gun of some sort in the near future.

So basically I am looking to relearn weapons and such as last time I shot was in the late 80s when I was in the military so want to relearn shooting as well as be able to test out some handguns and rifles to get a better idea what I would like when I do get one.

Are there any ranges closer to Seattle as Federal Way is a bit of a drive from Seattle with traffic and all was hoping for something little closer to home.

Dave

West Coast Armory in Bellevue. It's also called Bellevue gun club.

Geerolla

West Coast Armory North by Paine Field in Everett is a good place to rent as well. $15 and you can switch out guns as many times as you want. You just have to buy their ammo.

Sent from my UAV using Disposition Matrix 2.0

Batousaii

<snip...> I know she isn't interested being Japanese and growing up in Japan she has this sort of no gun type beliefs as she grow up in the era following WW2 where weapons were outlawed and such. <end snip...>

Heya Dave, My wife is also from Japan, married in Tokyo, and she now shoots better than me during target practice. All I really did was show them to her, explained basic safety and practical ownership, then put them away and left it at that. Curiosity did the rest as time went along. One day I said "I'm going to the range this weekend, would you like to come?" and she said "Sure, sounds interesting". For her, it was an American cultural experience at first, but now she enjoys it, latest experience being our C.M.P. M-1 Garand at 300 yards, she rang the gong over and over and was super excited about that accomplishment. We left, and she joked about how her shoulder would ache for a few days, but how much it was worth it for the historical experience. We talked about world history on the way home, and we decided to hunt down some 6.5 Japanese rounds for our WWII Arisaka for a future outing. She has her carry permit, ... only carries sometimes, but is glad she has it when she wants it.
- How did "I" do it? ... "I" didn't.... It has to be her, and her curiosity, and something in the proposition that appealed to her. For Kaori, it was the connection to history, and the "Fun factor" of big-bada-boom, and now that she out-shoots most of the boys, it's a little zesty ego boost for her as well.

solus

She really does not need to take any classes ~ I would assume that the OP would be in direct contact with her at the range.

I've never had a newbie who I took to a range take any classes. I give a short set of instructions on how the firearm operates and load the gun for them initially- and I am right there during the time period.

Why take a class that will not be specific to the gun being used?

Believe it or not, most people have brain cells.

glad you're there during the time period...

ipse

Dave1776

Heya Dave, My wife is also from Japan, married in Tokyo, and she now shoots better than me during target practice. All I really did was show them to her, explained basic safety and practical ownership, then put them away and left it at that. Curiosity did the rest as time went along. One day I said "I'm going to the range this weekend, would you like to come?" and she said "Sure, sounds interesting". For her, it was an American cultural experience at first, but now she enjoys it, latest experience being our C.M.P. M-1 Garand at 300 yards, she rang the gong over and over and was super excited about that accomplishment. We left, and she joked about how her shoulder would ache for a few days, but how much it was worth it for the historical experience. We talked about world history on the way home, and we decided to hunt down some 6.5 Japanese rounds for our WWII Arisaka for a future outing. She has her carry permit, ... only carries sometimes, but is glad she has it when she wants it.
- How did "I" do it? ... "I" didn't.... It has to be her, and her curiosity, and something in the proposition that appealed to her. For Kaori, it was the connection to history, and the "Fun factor" of big-bada-boom, and now that she out-shoots most of the boys, it's a little zesty ego boost for her as well.

Well first I have to get a gun HA HA but have been saying it more and more recently so I think she is getting the idea that I will get one just a matter of saving up for a decent one as if I do get one I want the right type(s)!!!!

mikeyb

West Coast Armory in Bellevue offers rentals. However, you must have another person with you, they won't rent a firearm to someone who's alone. Or you have to have your own with you.

Bill45

Anything in Seattle itself without having a 30 minute or more drive?

I GOOGLED for indoor gun ranges in Seattle (I assume you did this) and only came up with what others have already mentioned.
So it looks like you will have to drive some distance. You must live in the center of goof ball burg (Seattle) if all the ranges are 30 min away and more from you. My condolences.

So I can add yet one more reason not to live in Seattle.

Dave1776

Yeah if it wasn't for the view we have I wouldn't live in the city but hard to give up the view!

And yeah Seattle is anti gun nuts not very friendly to 2A at all!