Thread: Earnest, Obama: No idea why Americans are buying so many guns, it's "a tragedy."

Earnest, Obama: No idea why Americans are buying so many guns, it's "a tragedy."

President Obama’s spokesman said Thursday that the record number of Americans seeking to buy guns in recent weeks is “a tragedy” that the White House is at a loss to explain. “The more that we see this kind of violence on our streets, the more people go out and buy guns,” said White House press secretary Josh Earnest. “That is both ironic and tragic.”

The FBI conducted 185,345 firearms background checks on Black Friday, the most ever during a single day. The record number of gun sales came two weeks after the Islamic State’s terrorist attacks in Paris, but before the terrorist massacre in San Bernardino, California.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...-so-many-guns/

https://news.google.com/news/rtc?ncl=ds7DaDg1SrRPJfM

White House Press Secretary Josh Earnest insisted “it is not our view that we should wait until somebody who is on the no-fly list walks into a gun store, legally purchases a gun, and kills a bunch of innocent Americans before we pass a law preventing it.” During the Thursday daily briefing, Earnest suggested “we believe quite strongly that Congress should take action to address it an close the no-fly-no-buy loop hole.[my emphasis]”

http://dailycaller.com/2015/12/10/wh...control-video/

OMG!! Another loop-ho' pimpin' fo' da pres, oh bummer!
    Last edited by Nightmare; 12-10-2015 at 03:53 PM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    President Obama’s spokesman said Thursday that the record number of Americans seeking to buy guns in recent weeks is “a tragedy” that the White House is at a loss to explain. “The more that we see this kind of violence on our streets, the more people go out and buy guns,” said White House press secretary Josh Earnest. “That is both ironic and tragic.”

The FBI conducted 185,345 firearms background checks on Black Friday, the most ever during a single day. The record number of gun sales came two weeks after the Islamic State’s terrorist attacks in Paris, but before the terrorist massacre in San Bernardino, California.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...-so-many-guns/

https://news.google.com/news/rtc?ncl=ds7DaDg1SrRPJfM

White House Press Secretary Josh Earnest insisted “it is not our view that we should wait until somebody who is on the no-fly list walks into a gun store, legally purchases a gun, and kills a bunch of innocent Americans before we pass a law preventing it.” During the Thursday daily briefing, Earnest suggested “we believe quite strongly that Congress should take action to address it an close the no-fly-no-buy loop hole.[my emphasis]”

Anyone else reminded of that movie, Minority Report?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minori...ort_%28film%29
    I carry to defend my loved ones; Desensitizing and educating are secondary & tertiary reasons. Anything else is unintended.

“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” - Frederic Bastiat

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." - Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Young Man View Post
    Anyone else reminded of that movie, Minority Report?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minori...ort_%28film%29
    You mean where it was a good law until it affected a cop?
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    That so-called 'loop-hole' is the due process clause of the 14th Amendment.

Banned
    He's a doo-doo head.

Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    He's a doo-doo head.
    I am 100% positive that statement violates some rule....

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    ".....before we pass a law preventing it." When has a law prevented a determined criminal from his task?

"....take action to address it an(sic) close the no-fly-no-buy loop hole.” Will they have to ban trucks and fertilizer too?

Damn the Constitution - ban guns, they are bad. No fly list - let them eat cake let them walk.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Ban 'fertilizer' and they'll burst.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    ".....before we pass a law preventing it." When has a law prevented a determined criminal from his task?

"....take action to address it an(sic) close the no-fly-no-buy loop hole.” Will they have to ban trucks and fertilizer too?

Damn the Constitution - ban guns, they are bad. No fly list - let them eat cake let them walk.
    "Well, Josh, we tried to pass a law preventing stupidity, but clearly, it's not working. Perhaps if you pass a law making it illegal to be a criminal that might help your cause, or maybe a law making it illegal to break laws? What do you think?"

Seriously, I'd like to hear some interviewer say this, kinda 'Jay Leno' 'stupid-guy-in-the-street-question' and see what happens.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick9 View Post
    "Well, Josh, we tried to pass a law preventing stupidity, but clearly, it's not working. Perhaps if you pass a law making it illegal to be a criminal that might help your cause, or maybe a law making it illegal to break laws? What do you think?"

Seriously, I'd like to hear some interviewer say this, kinda 'Jay Leno' 'stupid-guy-in-the-street-question' and see what happens.
    Or Lt.Columbo/Peter Falk saying, "Oh by the way, just one more question........"
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    I have yet to see any law that expressly outlaws "mass shootings," but there's still time left in the year for such ridiculous nonsense...

While Congress stumbles over its own ineffectiveness, We the People have responded using the measure of self-protection our Founding Fathers saw fit when they penned our Second Amendment. Strangely enough, it works every bit as well today as it did back then, more than 200 years ago.

As for no-fly lists, well... The courts have already spoken, but the feds are ignorant and don't understand the law or they wrongly believe they're exempt.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Banned
    Anything a democrat does not want, they want banned.

He wants us to steal guns, not buy them is all.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

In recent times, I see a local Reverend here whom I know, and I also believe he heads up the NAACP here, and has recently written some editorials in our local newspaper.

He's a very decent man, I'll say that, but to me seems also misguided IMO.

In his first article, was about a gathering, and embracing a certain few historical people, such as Che Guevarra.

Now, I'm unsure why any American citizen should be embracing such a person, and extolling their virtues when as far as I know, that person was nothing more that a psychotic murderer besides many more anti-American agendas. Why should any American Citizen look to Che Guevarra as some sort of "Patriot"? He was to the Communists.

His more recent article addressed bans on all assault weapons, which is what liberals of course like referring to them as, mirroring Obama's take pretty much. Along with more gun control, bans, etc etc etc.

My take as to why all large major cities in America initiated so many gun control restrictions, and bans, was largely due to one fact that many politicians didn't want "the black man to have guns". As I lived in Chicago most my life, we can all see how well that has worked out, huh?

I think an old saying applies in thought of what the Reverend has said "God created Man, but it was Samuel Colt who made all men equal".
    Last edited by MarkD51; 12-15-2015 at 08:34 PM.