Thread: Eagles Nation Cycles hostage taker armed with MAC-10 machine pistol.

Eagles Nation Cycles hostage taker armed with MAC-10 machine pistol.

Flatoff came into the shop drunk and armed with a Mac-10 handgun shortly after 9 a.m. Saturday, according to witness accounts and court documents. He apparently was upset about the sale of a motorcycle being repaired at the shop, and the man who bought the motorcycle, Vance Dalton, told reporters Flatoff had been threatening him and his family for weeks before the shooting.

http://www.jsonline.com/news/wiscons...361491581.html

So maybe, shot twice, it was still suicide. Or maybe more likely Ashley Luthern can't tell a MAC-10 from a Hitachi Magic Wand.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

They do make semi auto MAC 10's. It seems the newspaper likely got it right by calling it a MAC-10 Handgun.

MAC-10, MAC-11 Operators Manual

http://stevespages.com/pdf/mac_10.pdf 1 MB 36 pages

Perhaps it is a hoax ...

Quote Originally Posted by Yetiman View Post
    They do make semi auto MAC 10's. It seems the newspaper likely got it right by calling it a MAC-10 Handgun.
    This.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=529845403
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

The point is to me; is the MAC-10 necessarily a machine-pistol? The item at auction mentions semi-automatic, and does not mention "fully automatic" or machine-pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    The point is to me; is the MAC-10 necessarily a machine-pistol?

No !

Banned
    No need to kill your hostages ... just let them go, and give them gun as a parting gift !

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    No need to kill your hostages ... just let them go, and give them gun as a parting gift !
    Only if the hostage isn't smart enough to use it on you or drop it as he is running out the door.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

UPDATE!! Video of Neenah standoff shows police shooting hostage without warning

Police officers gave hostage Michael L. Funk no warning to drop his handgun before they shot and killed him Dec. 5 outside Eagle Nation Cycles, according to video evidence obtained exclusively by USA TODAY NETWORK-Wisconsin.

A prepared statement that was issued by Neenah Police Chief Kevin Wilkinson about 10 hours after the shooting said Funk was shot after he didn't obey police commands to drop his handgun. In addition, the criminal complaint against accused hostage-taker Brian T. Flatoff stated Menasha police officer Raymond Berna heard officers yell, "Police, show me your hands" or "Police, drop the gun" before officers shot Funk.

The video, which was recorded by a dashboard camera of a Neenah police car, contradicts those statements.

http://www.jsonline.com/news/crime/v...377452131.html

and the good chief also state, quote: Wilkinson also told the AP that officers are not required to give warnings. unquote

not required to give warnings...whew...

and so thoroughly impressed with the neeah's "hasty team" they looked and acted like the keystone cops in the video.

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Banned
    I'm confused by facts. Maybe when the chief said they "yelled" he meant only in their minds and not verbally.

Wilkinson also told the AP that officers are not required to give warnings.
    WOW!!!...
    Funk didn't point his gun at police and didn't fire a shot.
    WOW!!! again...do not go to WI!!!

Those cops will walk, the tax payers will pay...move along folks, nothing to see here...move along...
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

I just read somewhere that the chief said the video showed that he had no gun.

Aah. Here it is from the PCH

Chief says dashcam video appears to show man wasn't armed

NEENAH -- Neenah Police Chief Kevin Wilkinson says a five-minute video from a squad car dash camera appears to show his officers failed to warn a man before shooting him to death last December.

The video show an armed Michael Funk running from the Eagle Nation Cycles shop where he and other hostages had been held. Officers had said the 50-year-old Funk had ignored orders to drop the gun he was holding. That video was published online by the USA Today Network.

Accused hostage-taker Brian Flatoff is being held, pending trial.
    The article is buried.
    http://www.piercecountyherald.com/ne...i-related-list
    Last edited by Law abider; 04-29-2016 at 05:14 PM.

Banned
    If I were taken hostage, I would hope that the guys would use MAC 10s ... it would put me at ease knowing that the likelihood of me getting shot is basically zero.