• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Pinellas county LE group opposes OC

OC for ME

Only a broad brush outside of Gualtieri's jurisdiction. His statements seemingly apply to every single one of his deputies...of course, if you have data that contradicts my supposition I'll gladly retract.

77zach

Only a broad brush outside of Gualtieri's jurisdiction. His statements seemingly apply to every single one of his deputies...of course, if you have data that contradicts my supposition I'll gladly retract.

I'm willing to bet that at least 75% of Gualtieri's deputies think he's full of crap and either don't care about or support open carry. However, the fact remains LE is the No 1. threat to a "civilian" open carrier. Criminals don't like armed targets and most people either don't care about OCers and even if they did they're not going to try and detain you and ask for your papers; the worst they might do is waste a 911 operator's time.

I'd like to know what Gualtieri's motivation is though, which is a mystery. Fire Marshalls in Oregon and New Jersey have fought legalization of pumping your own gas as in 48 other states. Obviously, they knew their testimony was BS. You don't go to law school and become sheriff by being a total moron or ignoramus. That's what's scary. Is sheriff Bob a little Hitler?

Last edited:

OC for ME

Apparently the Pinellas County Sheriff's department is staffed with criminals.
Three months to deduce the obvious?
Within hours the sheriff is providing cover and a cover-up?
Attempted manslaughter?
How about attempted murder in the first degree?

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
But he made it clear that the department is not civilly liable for his deputy’s actions because of qualified immunity.
The poor little boy does not know what he is talking about. The department may be found to be not civilly liable for the officers illegal act, but not because of qualified immunity. If it is shown that the cop violated the constitutional rights of the drunkard the cop louses his immunity. There is no such thing as qualified immunity for a city or an agency there of.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
Apparently the Pinellas County Sheriff's department is staffed with criminals.
You don't say? I was born and lived there for a long time... Calling them criminals is an insult to criminals. Child rapists are a step up from most of them.

Last edited:

Robin47

Florida Constitution - ARTICLE I - SECTION 8. Right to bear arms.—
(a) The right of the people to keep and bear arms in defense of themselves and of the lawful authority of the state shall not be infringed, except that the manner of bearing arms may be regulated by law....

The Bill of Rights, the first ten amendments to the U.S. Constitution, delineates specific rights that are reserved for U.S. citizens and residents. No state can remove or abridge rights that are guaranteed by the Federal Constitution.

Concealed carry, in most states, is a licensed privilege. Open carry, in most states, is a right. And any state requiring a license to bear arms openly and concealed is a violation of the federal constitution.
As stated above, no state can remove or abridge rights that are guaranteed by the Federal Constitution.

Which does Florida want to regulate, Open carry or Conceal carry? They cannot do both.

For Florida to not be in violation of the federal constitution is beyond me.

JMHO

No one holds them accountable, we the people are to stand together against this outragous "Laws"?
What is really Interesting is that when the disarm more citizens, then the Regime will only allow the police to carry
"When on duty" they to will also be disarmed.
The excuse will be if you have a gun in your house, it could be stolen. So you are only allowed to have one
while on duty.

If you think I'm just making this up, there has already been a meating of Sheriffs, where the speaker
asked them not to carry their guns in the meeting, one brave Sheriff, said no way and walked out, all the rest followed him.
Yeah this "Politically Correct " thinking is a diease that needs to stop.
Robin47