Thread: We're All Gonna Die (apparently)

We're All Gonna Die (apparently)

https://m.dailykos.com/story/2015/12...carry-in-Texas

Daily Kos: Gunsmoked or would you like to play a game? A realistic preview of open carry in Texas.
    https://m.dailykos.com/story/2015/12...carry-in-Texas

Mark your calendars. Dec 14, 2015 12:34pm CST by Patience John

"So to wrap it all up, here is my Gunsmoked pool:

First Time an Open Citizen is deholstered as prank or criminal act:

0-1 days : 1 in 2

1-3 days : 3 in 4

1 Week: 9 in 10

First Time an Open Citizen is deholstered and robbed:

0-1 days : 1 in 10

1-3 days : 2 in 7

1 Week: 1 in 3

First Time an Open Citizen is deholstered and killed:

0-1 days : 1 in 25

1-3 days : 1 in 20

1 Week: 1 in 10

First Time an Open Citizen is deholstered and gun used in another crime:

0-1 days : 1 in 2

1-3 days : 4 in 5

1 Week: 10 in 11
    NRA Life Member

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson

neither link worked...went to blank screen

but got there
    ipse

added:
    kinda wish i hadn't got there...bloke is seriously sling'g bovine manure to the masses...and i didn't see...'oh i'm joking' preface.

bloody scary...
    Last edited by solus; 12-15-2015 at 10:40 AM.
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    neither link worked...went to blank screen

but got there
    ipse

added:
    kinda wish i hadn't got there...bloke is seriously sling'g bovine manure to the masses...and i didn't see...'oh i'm joking' preface.

bloody scary...
    Yeah, am having some problems even loading the site's main page right now.
    NRA Life Member

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson

Who's the bookie? I'm going to make a fortune.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    spoken like a true Nevadan...

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

We're all going to pay taxes, and die.

Not much else is guaranteed in life.
    "I'm just a no-account screed-peddler" Dave Workman http://goo.gl/CNf6pB

"We ought to extend the [1994] assault weapons ban" George W Bush

"The Bush Administration declared a permanent ban today on almost all foreign-made semiautomatic assault rifles." George Bush Sr, New York Times on July 8, 1989

"I support the Brady bill and I urge the Congress to enact it without delay." Ronald Regan.

"Guns are an abomination." Richard Nixon

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave_pro2a View Post
    We're all going to pay taxes, and die.

Not much else is guaranteed in life.
    Except that you cannot find that tool that you just put away that was sitting on your bench top for 10 yrs collecting dust and now that you desperately need.

Yes, but let's please continue to focus on what's really, truly important here. And that's the fact that possibly as early as just 15 days from now we're all going to have our guns grabbed by bad guys and we will then be shot and killed!

The only good news then is that if shot and killed, we will surely miss the blood in the streets that have been predicted.
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Except that you cannot find that tool that you just put away that was sitting on your bench top for 10 yrs collecting dust and now that you desperately need.
    Or the missing sock. Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by b0neZ View Post
    Or the missing sock. Ever.
    Oh you can find that missing sock! It's behind the couch.

At least according to Information as they told Steven Wright:
    I got up one morning and couldn't find my socks, so I called Information. She said, "Hello, Information." I said, "I can't find my socks." She said, "They're behind the couch." And they were!
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    spoken like a true Nevadan...

ipse
    LOL. I think MAC702's comment wins this thread.

I'm familiar with rhetoric like this supposed "2nder" (who thinks the RKBA has ANYTHING to do with hunting, unless he means hunting for tyrants, that is, but I digress).

As a Hispanic male in my twenties I would be a prime candidate for the fear-mongering "minorities would be shot for OCing!" scenario. The only time I've been stopped for the color of my skin was by highway patrol BEFORE I even began carrying (dark times ).
    I carry to defend my loved ones; Desensitizing and educating are secondary & tertiary reasons. Anything else is unintended.

“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” - Frederic Bastiat

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." - Edmund Burke

The link took me straight away. What a pack of lies. Sometimes stupid has to be confronted, please go back and leave a comment. People reading this will think his drivel is truth.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

He will be proven wrong. The event is too near. A more experienced rabble rouser would predict an event in the much more distant future.
    "In ten years, this legislation will balance the budget / cut the deficit by half / stop global warming / end illegal drug use......"

Banned
    If I’ve learned anything in my time on this Earth is you can’t tell a bunch entitled old white dudes what to do, especially if they are armed (from OP link)

Hey....this guy's a racist !