• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

We're All Gonna Die (apparently)

Glockster

https://m.dailykos.com/story/2015/1...me-A-realistic-preview-of-open-carry-in-Texas

Daily Kos: Gunsmoked or would you like to play a game? A realistic preview of open carry in Texas.
https://m.dailykos.com/story/2015/1...me-A-realistic-preview-of-open-carry-in-Texas

Mark your calendars. Dec 14, 2015 12:34pm CST by Patience John

"So to wrap it all up, here is my Gunsmoked pool:

First Time an Open Citizen is deholstered as prank or criminal act:

0-1 days : 1 in 2

1-3 days : 3 in 4

1 Week: 9 in 10

First Time an Open Citizen is deholstered and robbed:

0-1 days : 1 in 10

1-3 days : 2 in 7

1 Week: 1 in 3

First Time an Open Citizen is deholstered and killed:

0-1 days : 1 in 25

1-3 days : 1 in 20

1 Week: 1 in 10

First Time an Open Citizen is deholstered and gun used in another crime:

0-1 days : 1 in 2

1-3 days : 4 in 5

1 Week: 10 in 11

solus

neither link worked...went to blank screen

but got there
ipse

added:
kinda wish i hadn't got there...bloke is seriously sling'g bovine manure to the masses...and i didn't see...'oh i'm joking' preface.

bloody scary...

Last edited:

Glockster

neither link worked...went to blank screen

but got there
ipse

added:
kinda wish i hadn't got there...bloke is seriously sling'g bovine manure to the masses...and i didn't see...'oh i'm joking' preface.

bloody scary...

Yeah, am having some problems even loading the site's main page right now.

Dave_pro2a

We're all going to pay taxes, and die.

Not much else is guaranteed in life.

Glockster

Yes, but let's please continue to focus on what's really, truly important here. And that's the fact that possibly as early as just 15 days from now we're all going to have our guns grabbed by bad guys and we will then be shot and killed! :uhoh:

The only good news then is that if shot and killed, we will surely miss the blood in the streets that have been predicted. :uhoh:

Glockster

Or the missing sock. Ever.

Oh you can find that missing sock! It's behind the couch.

At least according to Information as they told Steven Wright:
I got up one morning and couldn't find my socks, so I called Information. She said, "Hello, Information." I said, "I can't find my socks." She said, "They're behind the couch." And they were!

Rusty Young Man

Who's the bookie? I'm going to make a fortune.

spoken like a true Nevadan...

ipse

LOL. I think MAC702's comment wins this thread. :p

I'm familiar with rhetoric like this supposed "2nder" (who thinks the RKBA has ANYTHING to do with hunting, unless he means hunting for tyrants, that is, but I digress).

As a Hispanic male in my twenties I would be a prime candidate for the fear-mongering "minorities would be shot for OCing!" scenario. The only time I've been stopped for the color of my skin was by highway patrol BEFORE I even began carrying (dark times :p).

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
The link took me straight away. What a pack of lies. Sometimes stupid has to be confronted, please go back and leave a comment. People reading this will think his drivel is truth.

hovercat

He will be proven wrong. The event is too near. A more experienced rabble rouser would predict an event in the much more distant future.
"In ten years, this legislation will balance the budget / cut the deficit by half / stop global warming / end illegal drug use......"

davidmcbeth

Banned
If I’ve learned anything in my time on this Earth is you can’t tell a bunch entitled old white dudes what to do, especially if they are armed (from OP link)

Hey....this guy's a racist !