Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Manager of a restaurant stepped forward to thank me for OCing!

  1. #1
    Campaign Veteran since9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA
    Posts
    6,787

    Manager of a restaurant stepped forward to thank me for OCing!

    I won't mention which restaurant, but the manager of a restaurant I attended with my son and his mom after school yesterday stepped forward to personally thank me for carrying my firearm. He said, "with what's going on these days, we need to be a lot more prepared than we are." When he mentioned he would be obtaining his concealed handgun permit, I mentioned OCDO and suggested he give it a look. I let him know that I also have a CHP, but choose to OC in most circumstances as a visual deterrent, as well as a reminder to others that our Second Amendment rights are indeed valuable enough to exercise freely and openly. Both my son and his mom support the carry of firearms, as well, although both aren't exactly fans of open carry (shrugs).
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    11
    It's good to hear stories like this. It goes to show that there are others out there who recognize what's REALLY going on in this country and are prepared to take the steps to ensure not only are their lives protected but also their constitutional rights.

    I also am a CC permit holder and in my state OC is legal so I carry either way based on where I'm going and the current affairs of this nation. Each form of carry has a place and function and having the ability to exercise both is just awesome!

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
    Last edited by AmbientCorpse; 12-16-2015 at 04:40 PM.

  3. #3
    Regular Member qednick's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Bandera, TX
    Posts
    524
    Quote Originally Posted by since9 View Post
    I won't mention which restaurant, but the manager of a restaurant I attended with my son and his mom after school yesterday stepped forward to personally thank me for carrying my firearm. He said, "with what's going on these days, we need to be a lot more prepared than we are." When he mentioned he would be obtaining his concealed handgun permit, I mentioned OCDO and suggested he give it a look. I let him know that I also have a CHP, but choose to OC in most circumstances as a visual deterrent, as well as a reminder to others that our Second Amendment rights are indeed valuable enough to exercise freely and openly. Both my son and his mom support the carry of firearms, as well, although both aren't exactly fans of open carry (shrugs).
    Not sure it would be a bad thing to share the name of the restaurant. Perhaps other members in your area could pay them a visit and specifically tell the owner that they spent their $$$ there on purpose due to his support?

  4. #4
    Regular Member Rusty Young Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Árida Zona
    Posts
    1,648
    Great post since9! I agree with qednick: follow-up in the form of more patronizing customers is always a good way to thank a business for allowing their customers to enter with the means to defend themselves and their loved ones. That said, I can see why one wouldn't want to post the name on a public forum without the business owner's permission.

    Quote Originally Posted by qednick View Post
    Not sure it would be a bad thing to share the name of the restaurant. Perhaps other members in your area could pay them a visit and specifically tell the owner that they spent their $$$ there on purpose due to his support?
    I carry to defend my loved ones; Desensitizing and educating are secondary & tertiary reasons. Anything else is unintended.

    “Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” - Frederic Bastiat

    "When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." - Edmund Burke

  5. #5
    Regular Member qednick's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Bandera, TX
    Posts
    524
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Young Man View Post
    Great post since9! I agree with qednick: follow-up in the form of more patronizing customers is always a good way to thank a business for allowing their customers to enter with the means to defend themselves and their loved ones. That said, I can see why one wouldn't want to post the name on a public forum without the business owner's permission.
    Hey Rusty! How dry and sunny is it there today? I didn't even consider the owner may not want his restaurant name plastered on the board so thanks for pointing that out--just made the assumption he may appreciate the extra business from fellow 2A supporters. My advice would be if you don't entirely feel comfortable posting the place on here, specifically ask the owner on your next visit if it's OK because we wanna try send some $$$ his way? Heck, maybe see if he wants to host an OC meet up or something!

  6. #6
    Centurion
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Pleasant Grove, Utah, USA
    Posts
    3,828
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    --deleted by mod--
    Just where did this come from? Does the asker of the quoted query have an issue with color?
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 12-16-2015 at 08:22 PM. Reason: quote edited for content
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

    Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeSparky View Post
    Just where did this come from? Does the asker of the quoted query have an issue with color?
    Investigating the statement: "with what's going on these days, we need to be a lot more prepared than we are."


    To determine his idea who "we" were a reference to...

  8. #8
    Regular Member OC for ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    White Oak Plantation
    Posts
    12,273
    davidmcbeth has a penchant for stating the ridiculous...it's what he does.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

    "Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    northern wis
    Posts
    3,200
    As far as telling or not telling a name I find that most are very happy to have free positive advertising.
    Last edited by Firearms Iinstuctor; 12-17-2015 at 09:35 AM.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

    Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Thru Death's Door in Wisconsin
    Posts
    13,154
    Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    davidmcbeth has a penchant for stating the ridiculous...it's what he does.
    He is in good company, and has found more than his share of truffles.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •