• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Manager of a restaurant stepped forward to thank me for OCing!

since9

Campaign Veteran
I won't mention which restaurant, but the manager of a restaurant I attended with my son and his mom after school yesterday stepped forward to personally thank me for carrying my firearm. He said, "with what's going on these days, we need to be a lot more prepared than we are." When he mentioned he would be obtaining his concealed handgun permit, I mentioned OCDO and suggested he give it a look. I let him know that I also have a CHP, but choose to OC in most circumstances as a visual deterrent, as well as a reminder to others that our Second Amendment rights are indeed valuable enough to exercise freely and openly. Both my son and his mom support the carry of firearms, as well, although both aren't exactly fans of open carry (shrugs).

AmbientCorpse

Banned
It's good to hear stories like this. It goes to show that there are others out there who recognize what's REALLY going on in this country and are prepared to take the steps to ensure not only are their lives protected but also their constitutional rights.

I also am a CC permit holder and in my state OC is legal so I carry either way based on where I'm going and the current affairs of this nation. Each form of carry has a place and function and having the ability to exercise both is just awesome!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

qednick

I won't mention which restaurant, but the manager of a restaurant I attended with my son and his mom after school yesterday stepped forward to personally thank me for carrying my firearm. He said, "with what's going on these days, we need to be a lot more prepared than we are." When he mentioned he would be obtaining his concealed handgun permit, I mentioned OCDO and suggested he give it a look. I let him know that I also have a CHP, but choose to OC in most circumstances as a visual deterrent, as well as a reminder to others that our Second Amendment rights are indeed valuable enough to exercise freely and openly. Both my son and his mom support the carry of firearms, as well, although both aren't exactly fans of open carry (shrugs).

Not sure it would be a bad thing to share the name of the restaurant. Perhaps other members in your area could pay them a visit and specifically tell the owner that they spent their $$$ there on purpose due to his support? :)

Rusty Young Man

Great post since9! I agree with qednick: follow-up in the form of more patronizing customers is always a good way to thank a business for allowing their customers to enter with the means to defend themselves and their loved ones.:) That said, I can see why one wouldn't want to post the name on a public forum without the business owner's permission.

Not sure it would be a bad thing to share the name of the restaurant. Perhaps other members in your area could pay them a visit and specifically tell the owner that they spent their $$$ there on purpose due to his support? :)

qednick

Great post since9! I agree with qednick: follow-up in the form of more patronizing customers is always a good way to thank a business for allowing their customers to enter with the means to defend themselves and their loved ones.:) That said, I can see why one wouldn't want to post the name on a public forum without the business owner's permission.

Hey Rusty! How dry and sunny is it there today? :) I didn't even consider the owner may not want his restaurant name plastered on the board so thanks for pointing that out--just made the assumption he may appreciate the extra business from fellow 2A supporters. My advice would be if you don't entirely feel comfortable posting the place on here, specifically ask the owner on your next visit if it's OK because we wanna try send some $$$ his way? Heck, maybe see if he wants to host an OC meet up or something!

davidmcbeth

Banned
Just where did this come from? Does the asker of the quoted query have an issue with color?

Investigating the statement: "with what's going on these days, we need to be a lot more prepared than we are."

To determine his idea who "we" were a reference to...