Thread: Staunton High School teaching Islamic Calligraphy

Staunton High School teaching Islamic Calligraphy

District of US Rep Goodlatte from Roanoke- the RINO point guy for writing new immigration laws to let in as many democrat-voting foreigners as possible. A year ago his Staunton office was quite unapologetic about 'the progress' he was working to implement.

Folks in Lexington, Staunton and Roanoke either didn't know this guy is a weasel or they don't mind it - couldn't figure that one out. Maybe it was he was born and schooled a Yankee and figured his WnL law degree allowed him to snooker folks in the VA-6th.

While perhaps a Social Lounge thread, would think of more interest to VA voters.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...god-Allah.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “Men live without other security than what their own strength and their own invention shall furnish them"
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651

The SD head honcho is doubling down. Waiting for the school teacher to cover christian calligraphy when they cover that part of world geography that is the European Continent...western part that is.

Not holding my breath.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA
    Why is this thread here? It has nothing to do with guns or open carry.
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

They also covered writing from other cultures when those units were studied and have been doing so for years. The women who made a stink about this doesn't even have children in that school, she home schools.
    Let's stop islamophobic rantings and concentrate on our gun rights.

Quote Originally Posted by Tess View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Roverhound View Post
    They also covered writing from other cultures when those units were studied and have been doing so for years. The women who made a stink about this doesn't even have children in that school, she home schools.
    it isn't even worthy of being brought up in any type of media stream...shock and awe rant to keep the frenzied idiots interest piqued.

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Agree the General Discussion forum might fit for non-OC nature, but then again given reduced OC state of VA due to recent PC-Liberal trends in that state, citizens of VA might be warned to connect so dots.

Tell that to the folks of peaceable town of San Bernadino. Religion of peace just increased peace for what - 16 + 26 residents?

We can walk and chew bubblegum at the same time.

“Men live without other security than what their own strength and their own invention shall furnish them"
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651

I wonder if you would chastise a non-gun owner for harping on how gun owners are treated by the state.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Agreed.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    I think the writing is beautiful.

Is a system of putting thoughts down on and communicating on paper somehow now wrong?
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    I think the writing is beautiful.

Is a system of putting thoughts down on and communicating on paper somehow now wrong?
    Please do not boil down this issue to the script only. This issue has been clearly articulated by the offended, it is not the script that offends but the meaning that is conveyed by the script.

Would this school minion/superintendent task/approve of the children to undergo a baptism so as to learn/experience other religious ceremonies? I think not.

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Please do not boil down this issue to the script only. This issue has been clearly articulated by the offended, it is not the script that offends but the meaning that is conveyed by the script.

Would this school minion/superintendent task/approve of the children to undergo a baptism so as to learn/experience other religious ceremonies? I think not.
    The school wasn't forcing the children to convert to or accept Islam. It was a writing exercise. Some folks just look for sh!t to get them riled up. Life isn't worth living to them unless they can hate someone. Must get tiring.

You have a point. I may also get concerned if it was any religious script.

I have no problem if it is script equating to "See Jane run".

"Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their

Quote Originally Posted by beebobby View Post
    The school wasn't forcing the children to convert to or accept Islam. It was a writing exercise. Some folks just look for sh!t to get them riled up. Life isn't worth living to them unless they can hate someone. Must get tiring.
    And a recreation of a baptism, on school time and property, is nothing but a short amount of time in a pool...no?

Looney liberals are dangerous, with looney liberals who claim to be gun owners being the most dangerous of looney liberals.

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    You have a point. I may also get concerned if it was any religious script.

I have no problem if it is script equating to "See Jane run".
    some of the islamic poetry is quite beautiful when passages are written out in script.

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    some of the islamic poetry is quite beautiful when passages are written out in script.

ipse
    I am sure it is so would some of the old Hebrew text which is written in similar poetic style, lost in english transliteration.

How does this issue, in the op, relate to OC => gun rights? How about a state institution clearly violating their precious "separation of church/state." Again we are distracted by the fact before us. We decry state overreach but focus on script as if the script is the overreach.

Sad commentary on our ability to focus on the facts.

Is OC allowed for Christians in nations governed under Sharia law? How about gun ownership? Since Sharia does not recognize a secular government, only the rule of Islam, I think 2A let alone OC, is anathema to Shahada - the first step to conversion.

If you believe this was a simple calligraphy lesson, I have a special OC license I can sell you cheap the next time you visit NYC.

-Thomas Hobbes 1651

Quote Originally Posted by HPmatt View Post
    Is OC allowed for Christians in nations governed under Sharia law? How about gun ownership? Since Sharia does not recognize a secular government, only the rule of Islam, I think 2A let alone OC, is anathema to Shahada - the first step to conversion.

If you believe this was a simple calligraphy lesson, I have a special OC license I can sell you cheap the next time you visit NYC.

+1

it isn't even worthy of being brought up in any type of media stream...shock and awe rant to keep the frenzied idiots interest piqued.

ipse
    How does this issue, in the op, relate to OC => gun rights? How about a state institution clearly violating their precious "separation of church/state." Again we are distracted by the fact before us. We decry state overreach but focus on script as if the script is the overreach.

Sad commentary on our ability to focus on the facts.
    as you can notice several folk stated this does not relate to OC/gun rights etc. no logical response was forth coming.

OC4ME...how is a local community high school considered a state institution let alone violating separation of church and state?

again, much todo about nothing...

ipse

This is the social lounge, the very first post in this lounge by the owners of this site was about how they like the move Kick Ass.

as you can notice several folk stated this does not relate to OC/gun rights etc. no logical response was forth coming.

OC4ME...how is a local community high school considered a state institution let alone violating separation of church and state?

ipse
    School districts must be confined to administrating the 3Rs not being allowed to pick and choose which rights, which portions of a right, can be exercised in their schools, and who may exercise the allowed rights.

Example:
    RSMo 571.030. Unlawful use of weapons--exceptions--penalties.

1. A person commits the crime of unlawful use of weapons if he or she knowingly:

(10) Carries a firearm, whether loaded or unloaded, or any other weapon readily capable of lethal use into any school, onto any school bus, or onto the premises of any function or activity sponsored or sanctioned by school officials or the district school board; or

3. Subdivisions (1), (5), (8), and (10) of subsection 1 of this section do not apply when the actor is transporting such weapons in a nonfunctioning state or in an unloaded state when ammunition is not readily accessible or when such weapons are not readily accessible. ... Subdivision (10) of subsection 1 of this section does not apply if the firearm is otherwise lawfully possessed by a person while traversing school premises for the purposes of transporting a student to or from school, or possessed by an adult for the purposes of facilitation of a school-sanctioned firearm-related event or club event.

4. Subdivisions (1), (8), and (10) of subsection 1 of this section shall not apply to any person who has a valid concealed carry permit issued pursuant to sections 571.101 to 571.121, a valid concealed carry endorsement issued before August 28, 2013, or a valid permit or endorsement to carry concealed firearms issued by another state or political subdivision of another state.
    Then there is this.

RSMo 571.107. Permit does not authorize concealed firearms, where--penalty for violation.

1. A concealed carry permit issued pursuant to sections 571.101 to 571.121, a valid concealed carry endorsement issued prior to August 28, 2013, or a concealed carry endorsement or permit issued by another state or political subdivision of another state shall authorize the person in whose name the permit or endorsement is issued to carry concealed firearms on or about his or her person or vehicle throughout the state.

No concealed carry permit issued pursuant to sections 571.101 to 571.121, valid concealed carry endorsement issued prior to August 28, 2013, or a concealed carry endorsement or permit issued by another state or political subdivision of another state shall authorize any person to carry concealed firearms into:

(10) Any higher education institution or elementary or secondary school facility without the consent of the governing body of the higher education institution or a school official or the district school board, unless the person with the concealed carry endorsement or permit is a teacher or administrator of an elementary or secondary school who has been designated by his or her school district as a school protection officer and is carrying a firearm in a school within that district, in which case no consent is required. Possession of a firearm in a vehicle on the premises of any higher education institution or elementary or secondary school facility shall not be a criminal offense so long as the firearm is not removed from the vehicle or brandished while the vehicle is on the premises;
    Maybe you are right, maybe it is just me that makes a connection to the infringement/selective exercising of rights by a school district. We have a effort underway, here in MO, to remove the higher education component in this law and allow carry on college campi.

The laws certainly does contradict each other.

ipse
    Move it the Social Lounge - if folks in US (R) Rep Goodlatte's district, the guy that was leading the charge to revamp immigration laws, are okay w this - enjoy. Youse guys in the rest of Old Dominion enjoying demographics that have your new (D) Gov McAuliffe curbing your 2A rights - both in VA and 25 other states - carry on.

-Thomas Hobbes 1651

Staunton High School teaching Islamic Calligraphy

Looks like this is common thread of teaching/study for world history and geography majors.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz3ygln86ZH

Thank goodness British Press is picking up reporting load in the colonies.

Last edited by HPmatt; 01-29-2016 at 11:04 PM.
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651

Quote Originally Posted by HPmatt View Post
    Looks like this is common thread of teaching/study for world history and geography majors.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz3ygln86ZH
    Thank goodness British Press is picking up reporting load in the colonies.
    first, it is a news story of he said and she said...

second, i wonder why those of the Christian faith are so adverse to learning facets of another region's culture, including their religion?

article quote:
    However, the school did send a statement to WTOP, clarifying the curriculum of their world history class.
    'The particular unit in question is on the formation of Middle Eastern empires in which students learned the basic concepts of the Islamic faith and how it, along with politics, culture, economics and geography, contributed to the development of the Middle East,' the statement said.
    'Other religions are introduced when they influence or impact a particular historical era or geographic region. For example, when reviewing the Renaissance and Reformation, students study the concepts and role of Christianity.
    'When learning about the development of China and India, students examine Hinduism and Buddhism.' unquote

third, quote:
    Renowned as a national nonprofit public interest law firm, based in Ann Arbor, Michigan. The mission of the Thomas More Law Center is to: Preserve America’s Judeo-Christian heritage; Defend the religious freedom of Christians; Restore time-honored moral and family values; Protect the sanctity of human life; Promote a strong national defense and a free and sovereign United States of America. unquote.

quote: “The Thomas More Law Center is on the forefront of fighting the Islamic cultural jihad attacking America. unquote

see # two above...

monetary gain for the thomas more law center is the principle reason for this he said she said debacle...

ipse