Thread: DHS Assist. Secy Int'l Affairs Bersin; Donít use terror watch list to stop gun sales

DHS Assist. Secy Int'l Affairs Bersin; Donít use terror watch list to stop gun sales

A top Homeland Security official shot a hole in Democratsí efforts to deny gun sales to those on the governmentís terrorist watch lists, saying Thursday that the list isnít designed for those sorts of uses.
    [ ... ]
    He said names get listed after a federal agency says it has a ďreasonable suspicionĒ someone could be involved with terrorism. That is a lower legal standard than what the courts have generally required for denying someone a constitutional right. Under questioning from Rep. Blake Farenthold, Texas Republican, Mr. Bersin acknowledged that once listed, itís not easy to get off the list.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...ist-gun-sales/
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Banned
    I was put on that list. Why? For simply filing a civil suit against a federal government employee.

So there are no standards at all for who gets on that list ....

The FBI was very interested in how I learned of the employee's home address, with a few of the G-men showing up to interview me. I told them that I knew their home addresses too, now what? They left me alone.
    Last edited by davidmcbeth; 12-17-2015 at 12:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    ....with a few of the G-men showing up to interview me. I told them that I knew their home addresses too, now what? They left me alone.
    You spoke to them? You have fallen off the pedestal on which I had placed you!
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    You spoke to them? You have fallen off the pedestal on which I had placed you!
    Many many years ago, when I was stoopid. LOL