• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

30.07 at Starplex cenima

CrimsonSoul

Sitting down to watch Star Wars but when picking up my tickets I noticed that starplex in Lake Jackson posted a 30.07 sign. They are not 30.06 so that's good at least I can still carry concealed

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Yeah, that's good. You can still give your money to a business that wets their panties at the sight of armed citizens.

Glockster

I would be delighted to have any movie theater nearby that allows CC, even if they prohibit OC to appease those with Hoplophobia.

HPmatt

Guess they jumped the gun on January 1st. Dow still expanding down there? Aren't they building a big LNG export terminal too?

We used to have a creek house in Sargent on Caney Creek; would duck hunt on the Runnells pasture down by Collegeport.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CrimsonSoul

Guess they jumped the gun on January 1st. Dow still expanding down there? Aren't they building a big LNG export terminal too?

We used to have a creek house in Sargent on Caney Creek; would duck hunt on the Runnells pasture down by Collegeport.

Not sure about the LNG from Dow,but they are still expanding. Phillips just finished building a LNG plant down here and is going to be building another one or three more. But they are just the middle man there, getting the LNG, cleaning it more, and sending it back off

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

77zach

With the coming change to the penalty for carrying in "gun free zones" in Texas, I'd CC regardless of any signage. As I say when carrying in "gun free zones" in Fl, concealed means concealed. But, to each his own. It's hilarious that this theater is owned by the same company where the batman shooter did his shooting.

Last edited:

nonameisgood

With the coming change to the penalty for carrying in "gun free zones" in Texas, I'd CC regardless of any signage. As I say when carrying in "gun free zones" in Fl, concealed means concealed. But, to each his own. It's hilarious that this theater is owned by the same company where the batman shooter did his shooting.

The risk is twofold: 1) that you could be prohibited from keeping or renewing a CHL, 2) that after being provoked, the legislature will up the penalty

Glockster

The risk is twofold: 1) that you could be prohibited from keeping or renewing a CHL, 2) that after being provoked, the legislature will up the penalty

Agree.

I'll add a third risk - that even though it will only a $200 fine (if I remember correctly) that the officer decides to spend more time with you. It will become a Class C, but in Texas if I recall correctly from another discussion about this, you can still be arrested for that. I think that those who have shown to have previously violated the law will get much more attention.

What I recall reading about the reasoning for the change from Class A to C had to do with not turning into a criminal someone who simply left their license in their other pants. Not that it was okay to do it, just because you thought the risk of a smaller penalty was worth it.

And I especially agree about your #2 as this may well be the tipping point - license holders continue to be the law abiding citizens that we statistically are, then perhaps more positive changes to current restrictions happen. Don't remain law abiding and there is an army of Bloombergs and mad moms out there ready to say that the penalty needs to be greater because it is the only way to get us to comply with the law.

Glockster

It sounds like you're advocating breaking the law simply because you can afford the penalty. I think advocating in a public forum of breaking the law is not only unwise, but not something that we're supposed to do here.

solus

It sounds like you're advocating breaking the law simply because you can afford the penalty. I think advocating in a public forum of breaking the law is not only unwise, but not something that we're supposed to do here.

drat, was just finished reading his post and about to chime in...good catch.

ipse

HPmatt

I think the path in the Legislature is clear - the Huffines amendment to not allow officers to ask CHL unless RAS or PC was too far of an expansion. Pass OC (w CHL required), then next session expand on it given the wild anti-gun hysteric scenarios failed to come about.

I think to advance to Constitutional OC Strauss and his liberal sneaky cabal will have to be removed from power.

solus

I think the path in the Legislature is clear - the Huffines amendment to not allow officers to ask CHL unless RAS or PC was too far of an expansion. Pass OC (w CHL required), then next session expand on it given the wild anti-gun hysteric scenarios failed to come about.

I think to advance to Constitutional OC Strauss and his liberal sneaky cabal will have to be removed from power.

forgive the doom and gloom...what earthly incentive whatsoever does the legislature have to make any changes?

the good citizens of TX jumped up and down asking for OC without a clear articulable statement of what they wanted nor any true understanding of all the entanglements.

truly shame on the grassroots entities for allowing that to happen.

then, when everyone saw the OC was going to be attached to the privilege card ~ whoa, wait a moment this isn't what we asked for...

the with the politicians practiced wink/nod/slight of hand, magic occurred, and the nice politicians stated: 'oh we'll fix it in the future...' as the doors closed on the discussion.

sorry to say Texas got what they asked for ~ OC of modern firearms with caveats to include the protection of the profit center.

ipse

Last edited: