• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New to OpenCarry.org

S3v3n

This site was recommend to me over at Northwestfirearms.com as I was asking about people whom open carry. There are time I would rather open carry. Maybe a quick run to the store, a walk around the block what ever. I have always had the concern of people freaking out and calling the cops and me having to deal with the police. I was hoping to hear from some that do open carry here in Oregon and even maybe in the Portland Metro area, and how their experience has been.

Was LEO called on you? If so how did they respond? I recently had my first traffic stop while I was CC and I swear I was so damn stressed out on what to do. After everything was over I was glad to pay the ticket just for the experience as I now know I did everything correct. Now granted I understand that each LEO will be different but atleast I can say I have been thru it and how it went.

I have my Oregon CHL so me OC is legal. That part I am not worried about. Its the interaction. I am sure you all have seen all the same video's I have with people OCing.

Anyways,

Thx for what ever input you provide.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
This site was recommend to me over at Northwestfirearms.com as I was asking about people whom open carry. There are time I would rather open carry. Maybe a quick run to the store, a walk around the block what ever. I have always had the concern of people freaking out and calling the cops and me having to deal with the police. I was hoping to hear from some that do open carry here in Oregon and even maybe in the Portland Metro area, and how their experience has been.

Was LEO called on you? If so how did they respond? I recently had my first traffic stop while I was CC and I swear I was so damn stressed out on what to do. After everything was over I was glad to pay the ticket just for the experience as I now know I did everything correct. Now granted I understand that each LEO will be different but atleast I can say I have been thru it and how it went.

I have my Oregon CHL so me OC is legal. That part I am not worried about. Its the interaction. I am sure you all have seen all the same video's I have with people OCing.

Anyways,

Thx for what ever input you provide.
Welcome to OCDO, S3v3n. Saw your post on NWFA with same screen name.

Negative interaction is not a pervasive thing, for the most part.

To learn more, peruse the Oregon sub-forum, know the laws and restrictions (OC & CC) - some locals should chime in shortly too.